Need help identifying/sourcing the sunroof rear air deflector (pics) - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > Porsche (Present) > 996 Turbo / GT2
Reload this Page >

Need help identifying/sourcing the sunroof rear air deflector (pics)

Notices
996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
Sponsored by:

Need help identifying/sourcing the sunroof rear air deflector (pics)

Old 08-10-2018, 05:29 AM
Turok is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Need help identifying/sourcing the sunroof rear air deflector (pics)

My sunroof started acting up - it would close only up to a certain point and then go back. Several reassembly attempts were made after which my service shop gave up. They said it's because the rear air deflector is warped and damaged. Unfortunately, Porsche does not sell this part separately. The whole sunroof kit costs it crazy expensive and it's a pity to pay for it just because of a broken piece of plastic.

The part itself has three numbers which are not Porsche:
PP-GF50
17 687

The sunroof operates fine without this part. However, they do not advise removing it, because it could act as a water deflector. Hence, I'm stuck with a closed sunroof.

I even bought a used sunroof kit from a guy only to find out that he had been using it without this part (facepalm).

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited by Turok; 08-10-2018 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:35 PM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
Who opens a sunroof in the rain?

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-p...section=811-00

part is #20 in link above.

$231

Appears to be time for a nice cut/polish as well.

Last edited by Atrox; 08-10-2018 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:09 AM
Turok is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Atrox View Post

$231

The part you're referring to is the front wind deflector. I need the rear flap/tab piece. :|

Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM
SeattleTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Atrox View Post

$231

the piece he is talking about is part of the sunroof drain system.. if it's not working/positioned properly, the sunroof can/will leak.

I have one, it's part of a complete sunroof that I took out of my car over the winter when I did the GT2 roof conversion. If you cant find someone parting out a car, I might consider selling it.. Just hesitant because it would make my sunroof worthless if I ever wanted to sell the whole thing.