996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Canadian car OEM DRL pic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 01:59 PM
Stebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond repute
Canadian car OEM DRL pic

I believe DRLs were mandatory from the factory on all Canada cars and I have wondered what they look like. I want to get to the bottom of it, so I can stop thinking about it!

Will one of my brothers to the North please provide a pic of their car with the OEM DRLs on? One whole headlight up-close will suffice. I want to see exactly which bulb(s) are illuminated.

Over the years, I have googled the crap out of this but have come up with nothing, just a bunch of aftermarket headlights and led mods. With a picture being worth 1000 words, this will help me get over my curiosity. Or trigger me to buy a DRL relay. Lol. Because moar car partz!

Old 11-14-2018, 06:07 PM
Buzzmobile is on a distinguished road
On my 2003 it was all lights on all the time (low beam headlights, driving lights, side markers, license plate bulbs and taillights!), as if I turned on my headlights manually. The only difference using the headlight ON position was that the dashboard gauges lit up too! I thought it was ridiculous and I kept burning out side marker or license plate bulbs from overuse so I had the dealer disable it. They said they couldn't select one set of lights alone as daytime running lights. It was supposedly all or none. On every other brand of Canadian car I've owned, it was just one front facing set of lights such as high beams at 1/3 power or front driving lights without side markers. Apparently not an option on a 2003 Turbo.

Old 11-15-2018, 02:02 PM
Stebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond repute
That's whack! Thanks for the intel bud.

Old 11-15-2018, 05:03 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
I took this picture when I was fooling around with LED fogs. The problem with LEDs is that the ones that are bright enough are too big to fit and put the watertight plug back in. Anyway, as far as what lights are on - this is it - just the "Fog" lights if you are from the US. I was able to fudge a couple of fuses to convert a friend's 996 GT3 into having DTRLs. It's a very simple fix if you look at the fuse panel - just jump power from something that comes on when the key is on to the Fog light fuse.

Old 11-15-2018, 05:56 PM

I was hoping for something like this. But I dont want to jumper anything. I'm perfectly capable of it, but that's not my style... I literally have no need for DRLs, but if they were cool like this I'd pick up the relay and slap it in. Job done.

Too bad it's the full low beam treatment.

Last edited by Stebo; 11-15-2018 at 06:17 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:28 PM
bansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Slider
I took this picture when I was fooling around with LED fogs. The problem with LEDs is that the ones that are bright enough are too big to fit and put the watertight plug back in. Anyway, as far as what lights are on - this is it - just the "Fog" lights if you are from the US. I was able to fudge a couple of fuses to convert a friend's 996 GT3 into having DTRLs. It's a very simple fix if you look at the fuse panel - just jump power from something that comes on when the key is on to the Fog light fuse.

This is interesting. Do you have diagram or images how you jumped the fuse? Not to familiar with electrical. I don't want to jump the wrong fuse and mess the electrical. Thanks.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:35 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
I knew I had taken pictures at the time... I dug around and found them - note the orientation - it matters (you want to jump before the fuse)....

Old 11-17-2018, 11:47 AM
bansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Slider
I knew I had taken pictures at the time... I dug around and found them - note the orientation - it matters (you want to jump before the fuse)....

This is fabulous! Thank you for taking the time putting this up! Will test this out.