996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

DE tire check in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 10:12 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
DE tire check in

Hey folks I’m back in a 996tt (AWD) with decent track capability and bought some new APEX wheels 9”/12” and need tires. I’ve ran NTs on previous cars and enjoyed the performance/value and will go that direction again I suspect as I need to move quickly. the car is ~GT2 height and will be aligned well. I know I need to watch front rear ration <3%.

235/315 is an easy option
245/305 was what is used on my GT3. Per Discounttire they are 26” diameter. Anyone using this on an AWD car? How is fit/rub?

NTs are tried and true but really enjoyed my Cup2s on the 350R and 7.2TT as well.

Thoughts please.

Old 03-16-2019, 12:41 PM
jdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to behold
I bought and will run 245/315 on nitto nt01s. It is a common and popular size. I probably have the same rims as you. apex sm-10, front 18 x 9 et 46, rear 18 x 12 et 45. I bought the rear gt fender liner support (~$25) to allow for a bit more space in the back for the 12'' rim. In the front you'll need to mod the radiator bracket, and heat up and bend the front fender liner. None of it is hard work, Freddy even does the radiator brackets without taking them off the car. Good luck. For more info, you can look up pwdrhound's posts on all of this. He has answers for everything...

Old 03-17-2019, 07:47 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks much and yes Powderhound is the master at all of this- his posts/build is amazing!
Yes we have the same wheels- look forward to getting them shod and mounted... and the new car for that matter!

Old 03-18-2019, 06:43 AM
trillypop is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Etchhead
Hey folks I’m back in a 996tt (AWD) with decent track capability and bought some new APEX wheels 9”/12” and need tires. I’ve ran NTs on previous cars and enjoyed the performance/value and will go that direction again I suspect as I need to move quickly. the car is ~GT2 height and will be aligned well. I know I need to watch front rear ration <3%.

235/315 is an easy option
245/305 was what is used on my GT3. Per Discounttire they are 26” diameter. Anyone using this on an AWD car? How is fit/rub?

NTs are tried and true but really enjoyed my Cup2s on the 350R and 7.2TT as well.

Thoughts please.
I run 245/645 and 305/645 track rubber on twists. No issues with rubbing or AWD. Works really well for me now. I'd eventually like to go RWD and get new track wheels so I can run a 265/315 setup, but that's for another day.

Old 03-29-2019, 09:12 PM
chuoiit35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lagihitech

, thanks you