996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

CROSS Ti Exhaust for 996TT (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 09:18 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
CROSS Ti Exhaust for 996TT (pics inside)

CROSS SUSPENSION PRODUCTS The European line of JIC MAGIC is coming out with a new set of exhuast systems for the 996 and 997 porsche's

I was fortunate enough today to take a look at a preproduction version of a *NEW* Titanium Exhaust that will be available for the 996TT

For you tech junkies here is as far as i know:
there will be 4 different types of exhaust offered

Quiet - Stainless Steel (around 25lbs)
Agressive/Loud - Stainless Steel (around 25lbs)

Quiet - Titanium (around 14lbs)
Agressive/Loud - Titanium ( around 14lbs)

the system includes dual tips, exhaust and catalytics

piping diameter is 80mm for teh agressive

as for the quiet i forgot to ask hahaha

I got a ride in a Ti exhuast equipped car and i was impressed with the sound just perfect for my tastes and not drony...

I was like wtf! when the car was cold started it was so loud and mean

But when the car reached normal operating temperatures the sound lessen to a nice deep growl...

on load you can hear the exhuast growl and at times here the k24's spooling up

the Turbo that i got a ride in had k24's gt2 intercoolers, giac tuning , Cross Ti Exhuast and the car felt like a beast!

okay enough babbling and here are the pics

the exhuast pictured here is a pre production model...

they have been driving over 4 months now and they have not experienced any cel's or check engine light..

oh yeah it comes with the customary purple tips lol

look dual tips!

Another look from the underside

rear shot

Side shot

Another 3qtr shot

THE Exhaust will actualyy be available ina few months..

if you have any questions

Check out

http://jic-magic.com/

or

JIC USA

Tel: 562-803-6122

Email:
Info@JIC-Magic.com

I DO NOT WORK FOR JIC USA

Last edited by 02barebones996; 02-23-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:49 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Joe,
Yo da man.
This is exactly what I been looking for. How about sound clips and pricing.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:54 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
damn that looks good bet it costs a ton but worth it

Old 02-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Oh boy, a one piece Ti exhaust....this isn't going to end well

I did a lot of metalurgical research over the Fall when I was offered a similar product at a great price, and mixing one piece designs, a thin gauge of metal to reduce weight, and the intense heat generated by turbos didn't compute too well.

Using them for track days only is one thing, but you better buy plenty of Ti rods to keep that thing in one piece if you use it daily.

And whats with the flex tubing and poor looking welds? I hope the production models don't look like that.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:59 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I talked to them a while back about Titanium and exhausts... I was hoping it'd be a two piece set up.. Just to avoid any possible issues from the motor moving etc...

Old 02-22-2006, 10:13 PM
Banned
FAT-911 is on a distinguished road
Wouldn't the flex piping compensate for some movement?

Old 02-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
The light weight Ti is nice, but the welding is rather poor and I suspect the flex tubing creates turbulence and back pressure. Moreover, the chamber muffler creates back pressure and saps power.

Craig

Old 02-23-2006, 12:23 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Joe,
Yo da man.
This is exactly what I been looking for. How about sound clips and pricing.

u have to call them no idea what the pricing is

as for sound clips i have no device to record sound clips with...

as far as i know this is a pre production model...

i have no idea what the final product will look like...

Old 02-23-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by sharkster
I talked to them a while back about Titanium and exhausts... I was hoping it'd be a two piece set up.. Just to avoid any possible issues from the motor moving etc...

sharky i actually saw it when it was still in the prototype phase when they were a 2 piece unit from what i know the latest one piece version is a freeier flowing exhuast

Old 02-23-2006, 07:38 AM
Preppy is on a distinguished road
Do you have any far away shots of the car with the exhaust on it?

Old 02-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Johnfromjersey is on a distinguished road
will the production version have less welds in the bends? hope so. there is no need for that many sections welded together

Old 02-23-2006, 09:03 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shark01
Oh boy, a one piece Ti exhaust....this isn't going to end well

I did a lot of metalurgical research over the Fall when I was offered a similar product at a great price, and mixing one piece designs, a thin gauge of metal to reduce weight, and the intense heat generated by turbos didn't compute too well.
BINGO. This simply will not last. Ti is not the best material for TURBOS. NA would be fine but the heat the turbo creates will break it down quickly.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:31 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Johnfromjersey
will the production version have less welds in the bends? hope so. there is no need for that many sections welded together
Yea exactly, otherwise weight and looks look good, but who cares about looks lol, i just want every drop of power out of my turbo

Old 02-23-2006, 09:58 PM
996Yayo will become famous soon enough
this is an interesting thread. if i had to speculate, i would also say it just looks the way it does b/c its a preproduction version. of course we'll never know until the production version debuts. after a very long time of believing that my next car would for sure be an e46 M3 or a 996 Carrera, a rare opportunity presented itself and i ended up with a gem...a 94 red/black Toyota Supra...low original miles, never modified, and a steal of a price. this was about a month ago...needless to say, my JIC Bullet 505S titanium catback exhaust is on order . its too bad there have to be all those turns and a chamber muffler in that CROSS exhaust. most aftermarket exhausts designed for the MKIV Supra are very straight through and have a nonrestrictive canister. i haven't heard anything negative about the particular model i ordered, but then again i haven't really heard anything at all about it b/c its somewhat of a rare item on a Supra. JIC Magic's products are received as well by the JDM community as products from other top Japanese manufacturers and tuners (HKS, Tein, etc). and i have read plenty of good accounts about other JIC products on the JDM forums. i wouldn't doubt that the same quality that made it into JIC's products made it into it's CROSS line of products. had i gone with a Carrera, i would be very interested to see what the production version will look like. at least its got the burnt blue tips...mine will too when i get it .

Last edited by 996Yayo; 02-23-2006 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:58 AM
DeeMan007 is on a distinguished road
Sharky,
What exhaust system do you currently recommend for a 2001 TT? Evo/Milltek, Remus, I'm looking for most performance bang for the buck, non-resonating, 100 cel cats, etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CROSS Ti Exhaust for 996TT (pics inside)