6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2-2/)
-   -   Manhattan Motorcars... (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/6333-manhattan-motorcars.html)

h20tt 02-09-2004 11:51 AM

Manhattan Motorcars...

I checked out there showroom Saturday night. They have a few porsches like 996 40th anniv etc...What was really special was Lambo Murci Anniversary Edition, 1 of 16 for US, the color looks great in person in addition to the gunmetal wheels and two tone interior, Fab car, price is $300K. Those in NYC I suggest checking it out if you havent already.Note showroom was close and only looked from outside at 1:00 am in the cold.

msindi 02-09-2004 12:03 PM

I saw an Murci 35th ann. SE here live and thought the color was ver tacky to say the least....not my taste

boston 7777 02-09-2004 01:02 PM

If it was the purple aniversary color like the the older lambo than it would look hot.. but green is ugly period!

Porsche Babe 02-09-2004 01:11 PM

Note showroom was close and only looked from outside at 1:00 am in the cold.
h20tt,
Memories... When I was younger before I was in the business. I used to do that all the time.. Pier in through the window when MM was closed and drool over the cars... Now I actually get to sit in the cars test drive etc... Sell parts for them... Who would have known..
I think I'll stop by there this week and take a peek....;)

colonel 02-09-2004 01:48 PM

How is Manhattan Motorcars? Are they easy to deal with? Professional? They are offering me an C4S allocation slot?
Thanks.

h20tt 02-09-2004 01:53 PM

Originally posted by Porsche Babe
h20tt,
Memories... When I was younger before I was in the business. I used to do that all the time.. Pier in through the window when MM was closed and drool over the cars... Now I actually get to sit in the cars test drive etc... Sell parts for them... Who would have known..
I think I'll stop by there this week and take a peek....;)

Its funny, the older I get (Just turned 25)and the "better" the car I have (02 Turbo), the worse I get with my passion for cars. :)

msindi 02-09-2004 02:13 PM

Same here h20... 24 myself ;) My dad loves (actually is crazy) about cars and I am starting to believe it is a genetic disease!

Chordate 02-09-2004 02:20 PM

Would they let you test drive a Gallardo?

msindi 02-09-2004 02:28 PM

my dad was invited to the unveiling of the gallardo in saudi and I think he got to drive it (I will double check....I was in a different city at the time)

boston 7777 02-09-2004 04:02 PM

I think it has too do to the fact that when your younger you really cant afford an exotic car, but when you get older its just alot easier to buy one and you dont lust after it so much. I remember when I was 16 I used to dream about m3's know I would not even "downgrade" to one... mabey Im stretching this. Although I think Im gonna get even sicker as I get older with automobiles, I have the new car every year ich...and a year has passed

msindi 02-09-2004 04:09 PM

Also if you pull up to a dealer in a hot car with reg. in your name they'll know you mean business regardless of age ;)

drbill 02-09-2004 04:11 PM

Dr Jim and I visited Manhattan Motorcars last week . I know the general manager/owner very well since high school days ( my brother was best man for his wedding) his name is Brian Miller. very professional and honest. They have a 10-12 million dollar inventory- largest in the northeast. Jim and I saw 3 SL55'S, 4-5 Gallardo's, many turbo cabs and coupes, and too many Bentleys and Rolls to remember. Placed my order for my Lotus with him. building a new showroom that will be breathtaking...

JASCLASS 02-09-2004 04:16 PM

Originally posted by drbill
Dr Jim and I visited Manhattan Motorcars last week . I know the general manager/owner very well since high school days ( my brother was best man for his wedding) his name is Brian Miller. very professional and honest. They have a 10-12 million dollar inventory- largest in the northeast. Jim and I saw 3 SL55'S, 4-5 Gallardo's, many turbo cabs and coupes, and too many Bentleys and Rolls to remember. Placed my order for my Lotus with him. building a new showroom that will be breathtaking...
Drbill, Does Brian still have that silver 959 upstairs? Saw it a while back.

Chordate 02-09-2004 06:19 PM

Originally posted by drbill
You got an Elise I am guessing?

HotRodGuy 02-09-2004 06:47 PM

Originally posted by boston 7777
If it was the purple aniversary color like the the older lambo than it would look hot.. but green is ugly period!

that lime green on the murc is HOT!