996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Closed Tuning Thread .....One comment by Byron

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 01:10 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I think its better that it's closed.... They should take it up on some streets...
All I know is that I have one crazy fast car and If I lived on the west coast I would do some runs with the other guys... pure and simple.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-30-2006, 01:11 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
I personally think that those types of threads can breed healthy discussions. As long as there are no personal attacks and name calling it's all good. We all dish it out and should be ready to take it too. We the consumer, benefit from tuner wars, as it forces each to be on top of their game and offer a superior product that will be left to much scrutiny. I think EVOMS and Protomotive are both great tuners and a testament to how great the modded 996TT really is!

I'm always ready to take some heat, I've come to expect it with my "world's fastest" titles in my sig As long as we keep it all car related it's all good clean fun!

Old 12-30-2006, 01:12 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
I think EVOMS and Protomotive are both great tuners and a testament to how great the modded 996TT really is!
Amen!!!

Craig

Old 12-30-2006, 01:12 AM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I think its better that it's closed.... They should take it up on some streets...
All I know is that I have one crazy fast car and If I lived on the west coast I would do some runs with the other guys... pure and simple.
markski
Mark I am glad you love your car. Thats what I love to hear. Your videos are great.

Byron

Old 12-30-2006, 01:15 AM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vincentdds
That was a lot of infos lost. I strongly resent that...
CJV, why not just delete the inappropriate posts.
I agree, should've just deleted the offending posts...the post from Todd@Protomotive about VRAlex's vs Marski's car was really informative...

Old 12-30-2006, 01:17 AM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
markski
I agree Mark but you always have the problem of did we take off on the third honk, did he leave first, I was just catching up when we had to shut down, etc. I think personally what makes a great car is the owner posting his stories and seeing his excitement. Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:19 AM
justdumb will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Mark I am glad you love your car. Thats what I love to hear. Your videos are great.

I can't wait to read KPG's report, I hope he brought his DriftBox.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:21 AM
Mods - Maybe a suggestion is the tuners have a seperate post area that they control and can only post things in like results, breakthroughs, pictures,etc.. We as the consumer can review and make our decisions but cannot post there. If we want more info we call the tuner. They can then sell us on their product. Maybe its a stupid idea cause I cannot surf...lol

Old 12-30-2006, 01:22 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by F**K

I can't wait to read KPG's report, I hope he brought his DriftBox.
he is not going to post... sorry... PM him if need be....
markski

click to view

Old 12-30-2006, 01:23 AM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
I personally think that those types of threads can breed healthy discussions. As long as there are no personal attacks and name calling it's all good. We all dish it out and should be ready to take it too. We the consumer, benefit from tuner wars, as it forces each to be on top of their game and offer a superior product that will be left to much scrutiny. I think EVOMS and Protomotive are both great tuners and a testament to how great the modded 996TT really is!

I'm always ready to take some heat, I've come to expect it with my "world's fastest" titles in my sig As long as we keep it all car related it's all good clean fun!
Hate to find myself agrreeing with RTV12 - but this thread was not out of control.CJV was being provocative in the sense of encouraging factual discussion-- and wham--- all the heavyweights were responding( that does not include you RTV12- your still the little boy trying to see over the fence) and what interest it created-- it was off like a space rocket.
By way of contrast- a thread of real garbage unlike any I have seen on 6Speed was RenntechV12 started on getting beaten. Absoloutely no fault of RTV12- he hardly posted-- but hijacked into trash talk territory by "visitors?" .
So CJV-- generally love the entertainment you provide-- thread was flushing out the "attitudes" and was still mostly polite.A lot of this stuff needs to be said.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:23 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Byronmaui

Byron
It's just the beginning..... wait til spring...
thanks for the kind words...
markski

click to view

Old 12-30-2006, 01:25 AM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
he is not going to post... sorry... PM him if need be....
markski
Is he out of hospital? Did you break his driftbox? LOL

Old 12-30-2006, 01:25 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Why did I not delete just the offending threads? I tried to, there were so many of them and for some reason it was taking alot of time to delete each one. It was like the computer was freezing during each delete. Therefore, I deleted the whole thread.

Yes, we were getting some great information but because of personal attacks unrelated to the subject the good information stopped and it wasn't going to restart.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by Red 9
Hate to find myself agrreeing with RTV12 - but this thread was not out of control.CJV was being provocative in the sense of encouraging factual discussion-- and wham--- all the heavyweights were responding( that does not include you RTV12- your still the little boy trying to see over the fence) and what interest it created-- it was off like a space rocket.
By way of contrast- a thread of real garbage unlike any I have seen on 6Speed was RenntechV12 started on getting beaten. Absoloutely no fault of RTV12- he hardly posted-- but hijacked into trash talk territory by "visitors?" .
So CJV-- generally love the entertainment you provide-- thread was flushing out the "attitudes" and was still mostly polite.A lot of this stuff needs to be said.
Thank you red for your comment but please don't point fingers because my original intent of this thread was basically saying"We are all legends in our own mind" and lets be safe.

Mahalo

Byron

Old 12-30-2006, 01:28 AM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Craig
WTF???? I went out to dinner and a movie with my SO five hours ago and the thread disappears while I am gone. I guess the thread went south while I was away. Frankly, I am not surprised. My only disappointment is that I took the time to draft certain posts, and they are now gone. Also gone are the several positive reps that I received for my posts. Oh well.

Can someone fill me in, either here or by PM, as to what happened that caused the thread to be removed.

Thanks,

Craig
People started calling a certain person a liar. That person got pissed (understandable) and admonished a lot that was said about he and his 996TT.

Chad's motivation and intent behind starting the thread were, I believe, for the good. Delete the thread? I don't know. Maybe moderate it a little better (this statement is not a personal attack) - at the risk of being faced with the accusations of censorship and possibly (god forbid) taking sides. Is it possible to have an open discussion about different tuning methods without it turning into a d!¢k-sucking/swinging event? Some who were attacked had on many occasions given and shown a lot of respect to 'other' tuners and their results. So why, I ask? Why? I would be embarrassed, if I were one of the tuners discussed, at some of the comments and attitudes of my customers who, like it or not, are representing my company and 'promoting' (used loosely) my product/s.

Lost a lot of respect for some participants in that thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Closed Tuning Thread .....One comment by Byron