996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

ECU upgrade time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 05:10 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Thumbs up Nice day for a drive...

I drove my car today for an hour and a half, it registered 4 degrees F
on my digital temp readout. After it was good and warm, the max I
saw was .9 bar (versus normal spike to 1.1 and level off at 1.0)
I love this car EVERY time I get in it.
It looks like you have some good info above, now see who suits you best.
Their is not a bad option in the bunch. And yes I do track my car (4 times
last year at Brainerd, My Porsche club's local track)

Good luck!

Old 01-14-2007, 06:00 PM
No SubstiTTute will become famous soon enough
[quote=Dirty Mac]

What is UMW? How can I contact Kevin?

www.ultimatemotorwerks.com

Old 01-14-2007, 07:12 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Call him...if you got some time...360.805.9066

Old 01-14-2007, 08:40 PM
FlyingLow is on a distinguished road
So why hasn't anyone mentioned REVO? Even though I went with GIAC I haven't heard any negative info about REVO Technik. They seem to produce the same results as the standard GIAC flash and they have an upgrade path as well. I just found it strange that nobody mentioned that option.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:52 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dirty Mac
Given that we'll be heading up to Sebring in less than a week I think I'll have to wait till I return to do all these upgrades. My goal will be to have it ready by the time I go to the two day Homestead track day in February. God this is fun.
RED hoses? They don't have yellow?

Failure at the track is definitely something I want to avoid especially considering we drive are cars to the track. It's a long walk back home.

Will you be on the track at the same time as me or do they run us at different times? Will I be driving solo or do they have have the same set up as PCA? Are you an instructor with PBOC too? 6 days and counting.
On the DE day they are mixing the SuperSolo run group in with the solo drivers and instructors have a run group also. I will try to run in your group so I can show you the line. After Moroso, wait till ya see Sebring!!! It is AWESOME!!!!

make sure you have new pads and brake fluid!! See ya there!!

Old 01-14-2007, 08:56 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FlyingLow
So why hasn't anyone mentioned REVO? Even though I went with GIAC I haven't heard any negative info about REVO Technik. They seem to produce the same results as the standard GIAC flash and they have an upgrade path as well. I just found it strange that nobody mentioned that option.
I have REVO...I went with it mostly because my dealer backs it. They provided a 4 hour test flash for free. Car runs great, no problems many options and was only $2k.

Very happy with it and so it also is another viable option to all of the other good options mentioned above.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:57 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
I believe Ton Kerr has/had REVO...I think they are better known in Europe, but I have not heard anything bad about their software. It is just so easy with Kevin's set-up. Never have to remove your ECU and you can have 8 programs at your fingertips.

Ha just seconds too late.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:51 AM
calcareer is on a distinguished road
REVO has made some enhancements to their performance tuning offerings. The most significant is the ability to hook up a laptop to their optional program loader. Once this is done, you will have the ability to make changes to the boost levels, timing and air/fuel levels. With the help of a data logger, you can fine tune these parameters in the ECU for your desired end result.
You can get a detailed overview of how this works from the following user guide:

http://www.revotechnik.com/products/...uide060406.pdf

Old 01-15-2007, 03:01 AM
JNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to all
Today, I chipped my X50 TT using GIAC and WOW!! I expected a difference in power/torque, but I admit that I didn't expect the difference to be this substantial. The increase in power, aggresiveness and response are phenomenal. Its a freakin' beast now...2nd gear ESPECIALLY! It is unusally cold in SoCal right now as our nights are hitting the low to mid 40s. On my way home from Lucent, I punched it and I spiked at 1.3 bars and I maintained 1.1-1.2 bars easily. It's a new car...especially in 2nd gear...pulls like a freight train!

Old 01-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Banned
George@Revo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by calcareer
REVO has made some enhancements to their performance tuning offerings. The most significant is the ability to hook up a laptop to their optional program loader. Once this is done, you will have the ability to make changes to the boost levels, timing and air/fuel levels. With the help of a data logger, you can fine tune these parameters in the ECU for your desired end result.
You can get a detailed overview of how this works from the following user guide:

http://www.revotechnik.com/products/...uide060406.pdf
That is correct. Using the Revo Select-Plus software, switching device, and our data logging utility, one can adjust, not just switch their programming.

As you can see the DAQ screen allows one to monitor all of the vital parameters one would want to see when making adjustments to their tuning.

The DAQ software, saves the log file as a .CSV file so you can open it in a spreadsheet and graph it if you wish.

The select plus works on ANY car running Revo Technik software and the functionality is built into the flash so there is not need to go back and 'add' additional programs. In addition to Stock, Performance, Valet, and Anti-theft modes, there are 3 user programmable modes that allow one to set 3 different profiles then switch between them at will, without needing the PC again.