996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:03 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Straight Pipes!!!!!

Gonna do that next, courtesy of Tom. Thinking about the extra 30-40 lbs of weight lost from the rear of the car, and the pretty flames shooting out the back. Should be done pretty soon so I'll have an exact figure for how much weight is saved.

Tom, it would be nice if you have any undercarriage shots of your exhaust.

left hole

right hole

look Ma, no bumper!! or exhaust!!!

Last edited by tom kerr; 11-17-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:57 PM
John H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura aboutJohn H. has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29
I'm gonna be pickin up the Braille 15lb Battery (check out the link below)...that'll be another 37lbs off the pig...

http://www.brailleauto.com/
Save your money and buy a Deka. Braille rebadges Deka motorcycle batteries and charges 2.5x the price. Reading Braille's response to the finding below is humorous.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...hlight=braille

Cheers,

John H

Old 11-21-2007, 07:39 AM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by John H.
Save your money and buy a Deka. Braille rebadges Deka motorcycle batteries and charges 2.5x the price. Reading Braille's response to the finding below is humorous.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...hlight=braille

Cheers,

John H
Well consider you guys very lucky because in Japan Deka ETX30L goes for 35000 yen (roughly USD300)

Old 11-21-2007, 10:09 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
tom, you rebel. I guess no state safety or smog inspections in fla. in ca they have surprise check points at random. I guess it keeps the crappier unsafe cars off the roads, things have improved in the few years somewhat.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:54 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Naww Dez, run em' out of the heads'.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:15 PM
USCTrojanMan29 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by oak
tom, you rebel. I guess no state safety or smog inspections in fla. in ca they have surprise check points at random. I guess it keeps the crappier unsafe cars off the roads, things have improved in the few years somewhat.
They have surprise check points in California???

Old 11-21-2007, 04:46 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
yes, I have been stopped a couple times. not lately tho. kinda like the sobriety checks but for smog and safety check.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:57 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Does any one have the carbon fiber doors? if so do they look like and act like the original stell shells it replaces? Secondly, how about the CR trunk lid? Lastly, still waiting for anyone who has any information on CF Roof? Thanks for any help.
Happy Thanksgiving
R

Old 11-21-2007, 09:18 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by robmd99
Does any one have the carbon fiber doors? if so do they look like and act like the original stell shells it replaces? Secondly, how about the CR trunk lid? Lastly, still waiting for anyone who has any information on CF Roof? Thanks for any help.
Happy Thanksgiving
R
I would buy cupcar doors.

Go to www.j3racing.com . I think they have some doors off their old RSR's for sale.

EDIT: http://www.j3racing.com/store.aspx

Old 11-21-2007, 09:42 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks but did see anything..
R

Old 11-22-2007, 06:30 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak
nope

Old 11-28-2007, 04:53 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Any problems with the battery Tom?

Has anyone used Hawker Energy batteries? If so which one?

Old 11-29-2007, 03:34 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
If you do CupCar doors you need a cage that protects your torso (and climb into
your street car). If not and a bicycle T-bones you, he will hurt you.

MK

Old 12-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by TXGold
Any problems with the battery Tom?

Has anyone used Hawker Energy batteries? If so which one?
battery is fine if you keep it on a trickle at night. cant run radio and keep doors open while you are doing stuff but other wise not bad, at least in warmer climates.
I have been running the same one for over 2 years.
you can also relocate them anywhere

Old 12-01-2007, 11:41 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Ive just never wanted to mess with my battery...I like having the extra "oh ****, shouldnt have left that on" protection at all times. Like the time the cutoff switch got pulled on my car with my ELECTRIC bonnet cover down right before a clubrace...that was an interesting couple of minutes...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List