996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:13 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
You gonna come to Road Atlanta or Sebring for the club race?
I will be racing in the Sebring Club race in Feb, hope to see ya there!!

Old 12-20-2007, 07:40 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tom kerr
I will be racing in the Sebring Club race in Feb, hope to see ya there!!
And you will be there for the RA clubrace....

Jedi mind-trick style...

btw, VIR is for the weekend around the dates I posted...so the 14th, 15th, and 16th...

Old 12-20-2007, 11:59 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sechsgang
And you will be there for the RA clubrace....

Jedi mind-trick style...

btw, VIR is for the weekend around the dates I posted...so the 14th, 15th, and 16th...
I could but it would be with my944S2

Old 12-20-2007, 08:39 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tom kerr
I could but it would be with my944S2
dude...who cares!!!!!

Bring whatever you want!!!!!

Old 12-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by sechsgang
dude...who cares!!!!!

Bring whatever you want!!!!!

Old 12-20-2007, 09:45 PM
ya thats what I thought man!

Hell, Ill need backup against the Hinkles!

Old 12-21-2007, 05:16 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
You're so going to Road Atlanta..i know it.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:25 PM
silvershark will become famous soon enough
Weight savings

Originally Posted by oak
just removed the rear seat belts and brackets behind the paneling and all the foam and sound insulation along with rear wiper, also the rear large center carpet piece was much heavier than I thought it would be.
I removed the same things, in addition I removed the foam rubber insulation
over the fenders. 38lb savings

Old 12-27-2007, 06:20 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by silvershark
I removed the same things, in addition I removed the foam rubber insulation
over the fenders. 38lb savings
I didn't get a chance to weigh all this stuff I removed,... I think it's more than 38lbs. didnt' seem that heavy while removing individual items but once everything was removed it seemed to weigh much more than 38lbs.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:34 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
DIY instructions on this please. Why have you guys been holding this back? This is like gold infromation!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by oak
I didn't get a chance to weigh all this stuff I removed,... I think it's more than 38lbs. didnt' seem that heavy while removing individual items but once everything was removed it seemed to weigh much more than 38lbs.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:32 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
I have done all that a while ago, however I don't think my kids would be too happy if I took out the rear seat belts

Old 12-28-2007, 05:40 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
I even took out all my front carpets as well, just leaving the footwell mats and that horrible carpet of the lower car doors (but stripping the door carpet is a job from hell I won't recommend to anybody)

Old 12-28-2007, 09:32 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Oak,
Would you please take a picture of the car with all of this stuff removed. Also if there is a way for you to weigh everything, I am sure a lot of people here would appreciate it. Thanks either way.

Ryan

Old 12-28-2007, 09:18 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
ryan, sorry I didn't have a decent scale around to weigh the stuff. when I get some time I will try and weigh the stuff. the most heaviest items of course are all the mechanicals, rear wiper, the rear seat belts and brackets, bose sub, main center carpet is a few pounds in it'self, I reinstalled the rear pillar cover and center cover along with the carpet for now.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:17 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Good deal. I am mainly interested in the foam insulation and what the car looks like with it removed. Happy New Year!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List