Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List - Page 58 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > Porsche (Present) > 996 Turbo / GT2
Reload this Page >

Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List

996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
Sponsored by:

Official Turbo Weight Loss Thread/ Lightest Turbo List

Old 09-14-2016, 12:45 PM
mienene is an unknown quantity at this point
I didn't get a chance to weigh all this stuff I removed,... I think it's more than 38lbs. didnt' seem that heavy while removing individual items but once everything was removed it seemed to weigh much more than 38lbs.

Last edited by mienene; 09-14-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-22-2018, 02:43 PM
Steve Theodore has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Theodore has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Theodore has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Theodore has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Theodore has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Theodore has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Theodore has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Theodore has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Theodore has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Theodore has a reputation beyond reputeSteve Theodore has a reputation beyond repute
It's a bit sad to me that this terrific thread hasn't received much love lately. I'm happy to say that I just bought another 996TT earlier this year and so I'm back in the game and always looking at weight reduction.

From my research the switch to a factory 'GT2' style roof saves 27 pounds on a 996TT equipped with sunroof. I have the new roof and will eventually quantify this when I have my currently sunroof equipped car converted to solid roof. Not a huge amount of weight obviously, but definitely in the right place to make a good and noticeable difference. I'm also in touch with a local carbon fiber manufacturer and am going to see if they could scan and build the rear bumper beam and supports out of carbon as a special project. There should be significant weight reduction potential there, but likely at high cost as a one-off.

Cheers to all my weight weenie friends, and Happy Thanksgiving!