6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2-2/)
-   -   Yellow Or Black ? Yellow Or Black ? Yellow Or Black (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/72054-yellow-black-yellow-black-yellow-black.html)

Mz3bo 02-03-2007 02:58 PM

Yellow Or Black ? Yellow Or Black ? Yellow Or Black

Wow,

Title sounds like a song :) Neways, I went buy the dealership today and saw a beautiful Yellow on black 996TT. I look so nice that I though about changing my ride (see link below).

My car is an 03 TT with 12kmiles and flawless. The car I saw is on 02 TT with 19kmiles on it with CPO

Should I do it ??? Wich one will hold its value better ? If I change, I think I will claim for some spare money...

Also, if My car has the giac chip, can the ECU be switched from one car the the other ?

Thanks

dice996c4 02-03-2007 03:11 PM

Based on my experience.... Both will hold it's value.. But Yellow is harder to sell since not a lot of people wanted to be flashy... It's more appealing to the eye but selling time might be tough for you...

I've been a fan of yellow cars so if you ask me, "Do It !!!!" :D

Turbo Fanatic 02-03-2007 03:12 PM

I like yellow. But is color enough to switch?

How much will it cost you?

Mz3bo 02-03-2007 03:14 PM

I don't think it will cost me anyting, my current car is newer and less mileage...

Westwood 02-03-2007 03:22 PM

Since your current car is newer with less miles, and you know the history of your car, I would save my money.

Roger

Mz3bo 02-03-2007 03:30 PM

Please post PICS yellow TT if you have.......

santicua 02-03-2007 04:27 PM

I say go for the Yellow :)

iLLM3 02-03-2007 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Westwood
Since your current car is newer with less miles, and you know the history of your car, I would save my money.

Roger

Couldnt agree more, Yellow is awesome and the novelty of getting a "new" car, but still just doesnt make sense to go to an older higher mileage car for a color!

glh 02-03-2007 04:36 PM

Black.

Plus you know what you have the other one is a crapshoot.

heavychevy 02-03-2007 04:40 PM

I think it's a wasit to sell a car to get a year OLDER car with more miles.

#1 A dealer is not going to give you retail value for your car on trade in. So you will pay money for selling at wholesale and buying at retail. (unless it's private party, see #2)

#2 If it's private party, you still lose because you have to sell your car at retail, buy the new car at retail, and then pay taxes on the one you bought. Unless you sell for several thousand more than you buy you will lose money.

IMO yellow porsches look better on the computer screen than in person, didnt like the one I went to see at all, needs black wheels and dark tint to tone it down a bit.

However, it's your money and your opinion, so do what makes you feel happy

doccao 02-03-2007 07:07 PM

It's gotta cost you money...Dealers are too smart/evil to do an even trade.

I just stopped visiting the dealerships to rid me of any temptation, and simply accept the fact that I already have a nice TT.

JoeyG 02-03-2007 10:51 PM

Honestly, I love speed yellow. I think it would be a lateral move if you like it MORE than your black car. Your happiness will equalize the monetary loss in that case. Obviously your decision though.

CSD952 02-03-2007 11:46 PM

I happen to think the car looks best in yellow and if I had the personality to live with it I'd have bought yellow instead of Midnight Blue. If it has an Aero kit...done deal, the car couldn't look better, unless it also had a set of Champion RG5s....For resale, black is more plentiful but sell more easily. It really depends on whether you like the black or yellow better.

Gunther 02-04-2007 01:14 PM

I say Yellow!!!