996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

"the Fastest Porsche In North America"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Fanman is on a distinguished road
Didn't the Gemballa 750 put down 689 whp to the rear. That would still be far more than 541 to all 4 wheels. Although the car they tested in Excellence was headed to Bahrain or something.

Old 03-16-2004, 06:50 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
That car basically has an EVO Stage 4 GTR cranked up to 1.4bar.

It's a rolling time bomb,

We all know that Stage 4GT is fast, but not the fastest.

Old 03-16-2004, 06:57 PM
Frosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud of
I doubt 98% of the guys on that board would know of projects such as KA or other cars that exist on this forum. Also who is Eddie Bellow? I've heard his name mentioned before on this forum? Does he really have a 9sec Pcar?

Also, even though there is plenty of fast cars here, there are some pretty crazy car nuts in Brunai (sic) and that area that we never hear about. All I've seen is one vid with a Skyline pulling on a turbo Busa like it wasn't even moving.

Old 03-16-2004, 07:11 PM
ryan has a spectacular aura aboutryan has a spectacular aura aboutryan has a spectacular aura about
one of the main reasons those skylines and supras are so fast is because they use c16 allowing them to run 25-35 psi and even more.
eddie if i remember correctly is the mile racer from the 80's and the wheelie guy, he know has a 996 , but his cars are drag cars, im pretty sure his old car(i think a 964) was in the 8.5 range, dont know much about his new car, youve prob seen his cars in videos, there both white

Last edited by ryan; 03-16-2004 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:14 PM
Frosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud of
is c16 race fuel? whatever they use some of those are just insane.

where his cars still street legal? did he use a modded Porsche engine? or was it something completely different?

Old 03-16-2004, 07:19 PM
ryan has a spectacular aura aboutryan has a spectacular aura aboutryan has a spectacular aura about
yeah its 116 octane
im pretty sure he was using porsche engines

Old 03-16-2004, 07:20 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
"the fastest Porsche in North America" It sounds like Top Gun. All these posers really make me laugh. This car hasn't even shown a dyno sheet, yet it is the fastest? Even if the car has ten hp more, what is the cars average hp. That is what really counts. Tyson's car didn't have the most hp, yet it was the fastest in the Shootout. Average power across the rpm range takes home the bacon. If you want the credit, than earn it. I believe it is 10.7 with a radar gun or maybe a 10.8-10.9 at a strip. All other claims are BS unless proven otherwise

When KA returns from Scargo, she will make a run. Until then, I satisfied to say KA is one of the fastest.

Last edited by cjv; 03-16-2004 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:20 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Eddie Bello had a 964 Carrera that was in the 9s on a twinturbo 3.8 liter motor with air-water intercooler. The car would do wheelies to an 1/8 mile down the track. He got involved in the illegal chop shop business a few years back and got busted and served some time. I know he's out now and that he at least had plans to build an all-out FRONT-ENGINE RWD tube-frame 996 turbo drag car with his old sponsor's help.

Here's the old 964:

and the supposed new car:

Old 03-16-2004, 07:29 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Zamirz,

KA is running a 250 shot of Nitrous on a 4.0+ liter motor. I'll let you guess about the power. With the tires and weight Bello appears to be running, I still don't believe KA would beat that car. My guess is Bello's gearing had alot to do with the eighth mile wheelies. I do believe KA will run high nines to very, very low tens.

Last edited by cjv; 03-16-2004 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:33 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Chad, nice Bello's car (if it ever becomes a reality) can only perform in a straight line, you'll sacrifice a little of that and have the best of all worlds. In my opinion, your car will be superior once all is said and done. Good luck with breaking into the single digits

Old 03-16-2004, 07:38 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Bello's 996 was stolen! Eddie sent me pictures a couple of years ago when it was only a shell.

Old 03-16-2004, 08:00 PM
cjv
Originally posted by ShankGT2
Evan/Merhbani,

the fastest porsche is the carrera GT. That would still Romp on our Killer Angel.

Killer angel does 11.4
CGT does 10.8 - 11.2

So I wonder what car they're talking about.
Hey Ryan, 11.4 second time was eleven months ago, 3.6 liter motor and no nitrous. There was also a stiff head wind and the ambient temperatures were 100+ degree F. Look at what the same driver did within minutes with a GT2, 12.7 @ 112 mph. A GT2 with very good conditions should run 11.8-11.9 @ maybe 120-121. Add 8-9 mph to 126, and well, you get the picture.

Now add 300+ hp and well, oh my........ Yet there is no way you are going to get me to say KA is the fastest. Now start the run at 106 mph and go to 200 mph and, well, hmmmm, it's tempting. No, I still won't say it.

Last edited by cjv; 03-16-2004 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:10 PM
limitup has a spectacular aura aboutlimitup has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Hamann7
That car basically has an EVO Stage 4 GTR cranked up to 1.4bar.

It's a rolling time bomb.

All those running around with Evo's Stage 4+ have got to love that comment ...

Old 03-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Just don't run that much boost and it should be fine.

I think people buy Stage 4 because it's relatively low priced compared to its competition. It was NOT, and I repeat NOT, designed for 700hp.

The system will work ok as long as you don't mess with it too much, like crank the boost up past 1.2 bar... Even 1.2 is really pushing it on a stock motor for sustained use.

Of course no one will want to hear this, so I'll have to settle for having the last laugh when the motors start to let go on some of these tweaked cars.

Old 03-16-2004, 09:05 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally posted by cjv
.. KA is running a 250 shot of Nitrous on a 4.0+ liter motor ..
Holy ****. That's some serious engineering.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "the Fastest Porsche In North America"