996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rear sway bar setting for a GT3 bar on a turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 06:34 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
Rear sway bar setting for a GT3 bar on a turbo

What are you guys running your gt3 bars on the rear of a turbo setting the bar at. I had mine on the second to softes hole and moved it one hole tighter (towards rear of car) and man what a difference. The car handles even flatter and it dialed out a bit more of the push on the track. I am running pss9 set at 3 front and 2 rear and it is still livable on the street. It is a bit firm on the street but it feels like you can carve any corner thrown at you. By the way, Road Atlanta has new pavement and it is AWESOME. Smooth as glass and fast and grippy as hell. What are you others running your bars at?

Old 06-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is on a distinguished road
What times did you do John?

Old 06-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Hey John,

Did you or Rolo see the wreck on Saturday ??

Nasty
Totaled 996 cab and BMW Z4

Bill

Old 06-12-2007, 07:48 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
My H&R sway was set on the highest setting. It immediately made the car oversteer, my tire pressures were very low (32) after the session so it could have been the tires making the oversteer. I then raised the TP to 40psi at the end of a session and there was no more oversteer but I had a passenger so I'm not sure if the added weight help more or the TP but the sway bars work very well. I told Neil to lighten up the bar for my event this weekend but I'm thinking I might want to change it back.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:33 PM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Originally Posted by silver
What are you guys running your gt3 bars on the rear of a turbo setting the bar at. I had mine on the second to softes hole and moved it one hole tighter (towards rear of car) and man what a difference. The car handles even flatter and it dialed out a bit more of the push on the track. I am running pss9 set at 3 front and 2 rear and it is still livable on the street. It is a bit firm on the street but it feels like you can carve any corner thrown at you. By the way, Road Atlanta has new pavement and it is AWESOME. Smooth as glass and fast and grippy as hell. What are you others running your bars at?

Silver can you tell me where did you buy those GT3 sway bar? Thanks!

Old 06-13-2007, 02:58 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
When I had the turbo, I used to run it full stiff. Liked it much better that way.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:08 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
Guys,
Thanks for all the responses.

Neil, we did not have a lap timer but my guess is we were running low 1:50's. I am slow I know but my car is still in one piece!

Bill, I did not see the wreck but I did wee the cars afterwards. OUCH! I was on the grid in group 3 next to go when they stopped the event for 3 hours to clean up the oil spill. Track felt great by the time we were back out.

I like the feel of the car on second stiffest setting. Full stiff is probably better on the track but probably too stiff for the street. Mine is borderline for me on the street now anyway. I also could go stiffer on the pss9 but the car was handling great. My tire pressures were set to be about 36 hot front and 42 hot rear. I think 38 hot front and 44 hot rear is fine for the turbo. I was heating up about 6 degrees from cold so start at 32 cold front and 38 cold rear. I got my bar from Viper Bob but dont have his number with me.

Old 06-16-2007, 03:39 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Originally Posted by silver
Guys,
Thanks for all the responses.

Neil, we did not have a lap timer but my guess is we were running low 1:50's. I am slow I know but my car is still in one piece!

Bill, I did not see the wreck but I did wee the cars afterwards. OUCH! I was on the grid in group 3 next to go when they stopped the event for 3 hours to clean up the oil spill. Track felt great by the time we were back out.

I like the feel of the car on second stiffest setting. Full stiff is probably better on the track but probably too stiff for the street. Mine is borderline for me on the street now anyway. I also could go stiffer on the pss9 but the car was handling great. My tire pressures were set to be about 36 hot front and 42 hot rear. I think 38 hot front and 44 hot rear is fine for the turbo. I was heating up about 6 degrees from cold so start at 32 cold front and 38 cold rear. I got my bar from Viper Bob but dont have his number with me.

Thanks Silver! Can you please tell me how to contact Viper Bob?
Second questions is will RWD GT3 sway bar fit perfectly in our AWD TT?

Old 06-16-2007, 06:59 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Perfect fit in the back.