996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Intercooler Hose Manifold Removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Zuma 911 has a spectacular aura aboutZuma 911 has a spectacular aura about
Intercooler Hose Manifold Removal

I am looking to remove the intercooler hose manifold. From what I gather, you remover the airbox, a 13mm bolt, and the hose clamp and it is free. Is there any sensors I am missing.

I plan to bead-blast it this weekend and color anodize it to match my Samco hoses. The car is red, so I think more red in the engine compartment would be overkill. Y'all will probably laugh, but I am thinking of going with speed yellow "f" hose, intercooler hoses and manifold.....any thoughts on the color....and yes, A356 castings are a pain to anodize properly, especially in the lighter colors like speed yellow.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:41 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
IF you have PCCB's that would be hot!

Old 08-29-2007, 12:31 PM
porschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really nice
Your correct about anodizing the casting. I found this on the web and it may help you to get rid of the silicon. If it works, let us know, I may want to color my tube...

"Alloy 380 is a high-silicon alloy (about 8 percent). The solubility of silicon in aluminum is about 1.5 percent. When the casting cools, silicon precipitates out and forms these gray mottled areas. Silicon does not anodize, so the adhesion around these areas is likely to be poor. To minimize this problem, the surface finisher should pretreat the casting in a nitric acid/ammonium bifluoride solution under well-ventilated conditions. Doing so will effectively dissolve much of the surface silicon and thereby enrich the surface with anodizable aluminum."

Old 08-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Those big yellow PCCB

Originally Posted by SlowMotion
IF you have PCCB's that would be hot!
I was thinking about that, going yellow with all the hoses & brakes as a theme. But before I would go PCCB, i would paint my calipers yellow and put factory decals back on. I saw a 997 at the $stealership the other day when my clutch was "not" getting installed (lol...those jokers). The tech was telling me the owner was going back to metal rotors, as the replacement cost was killing him.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Confused is on a distinguished road
get black samco hoses - matches the pipe and the roof and will give it a nice stock look

if you really want color I would stick with the red.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:14 AM
porschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really nice
Originally Posted by Zuma 911
I was thinking about that, going yellow with all the hoses & brakes as a theme. But before I would go PCCB, i would paint my calipers yellow and put factory decals back on. I saw a 997 at the $stealership the other day when my clutch was "not" getting installed (lol...those jokers). The tech was telling me the owner was going back to metal rotors, as the replacement cost was killing him.
Replacement Cost? A tech at Santa Barbara Porsche in Calif said that the rotors don't wear, just the pads. I wonder how much to pads are??? He also said that they repaired a 997TT with PCCB's that had the rear axle bashed and by another car and the insurance company was throwing a fit. It was costing 6K for the parts, one of which was a brake rotor.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:57 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
yummy.....I'm getting an urge for a big mac. post pics.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by oak
yummy.....I'm getting an urge for a big mac. post pics.
To f' ing funny. I'll be sure to stop by the drive-in at Micky D's and take a photo for you!!!! Hahahahaaa...funny