Notices
996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
Sponsored by:

R1 vs protomotive K24/18g 996tt

Old 09-09-2007, 09:27 PM
WOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond repute
flash and diverter valves == MP

Old 09-09-2007, 09:57 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
why do DV's gve you more power?

Old 09-09-2007, 10:03 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER View Post
Mad Power...
Do not underestimate !!
Wood.... not everyone will notice the SPELLING of the word "BREAK" in your post. (VS. Brake) Just excellent. SY

Old 09-10-2007, 06:34 AM
buddyg has a reputation beyond reputebuddyg has a reputation beyond reputebuddyg has a reputation beyond reputebuddyg has a reputation beyond reputebuddyg has a reputation beyond reputebuddyg has a reputation beyond reputebuddyg has a reputation beyond reputebuddyg has a reputation beyond reputebuddyg has a reputation beyond reputebuddyg has a reputation beyond reputebuddyg has a reputation beyond repute
Lighten up on the poor guy, he never said my 600 hp kit can wipe out any bike!

This was a street race and in the end he won, period end of story. Most of us know that a 600 hp tt will not beat a liter bike with a good rider.

My little 700 hp kit has beaten liter bikes from a dig and a roll so I guess those riders sucked too oh well a win is a win is win!

Just remember what a pro rider can do on a dragstrip is totally different than what a normal rider can do on the street.

Nice Kill!

Old 09-10-2007, 08:01 AM
WOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond reputeWOODTSTER has a reputation beyond repute
It can be done!

Exactly what He Said, ^^^^^^

thanks Buddy and have fun at the track this
week with Brad and his 3.8 993TT !!

MK

Old 09-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Divexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond reputeDivexxtreme has a reputation beyond repute
Guys,

I think that Dmaffo is probably an honest guy, and I think he probably did beat the bikes that he raced. I highly doubt that there's any purposeful attempts at deception occurring here.

However; I also agree with Joe that the riders of those bikes probably weren't the best riders around. I know when my car was at 700 HP (580-600 rwhp)...I could *not* have beaten an R1 or a 'Busa ridden by *good* riders...especially at lower speeds (50-140 or so).

Heck, it took my car running over 750 rwhp (at 1.1-1.2 BAR) to run with the 'Busa I raced. He would have definitely smoked me if I had 150 less HP the wheels.

I think it was an honest race, an honest kill...but not necessarily an accurate representation of how fast a liter bike ridden by a truly good rider really is.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:57 PM
taizen is on a distinguished road
Some of the older R1's get very shaky at high speed if it doesn't have a steering damper. I can see riders not pushing it 100% in those conditions. I know I wouldn't. Rather take a loss to a car than to wipe out at 130+

Old 09-14-2007, 03:35 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
Amazed

WOW.... AND THE comments continue.. OK guys.... DO YOU really think I have nothing better to do with myself than to go and record something that is NOT ACCURATE or better said..." staged" lol... funny... Remember its my rear end...and for that matter my car on the line when I am doing these things. popo around here inpounds and have themselves a plane and chopper to deal with it... SO to answer once and for all ... IT is as you see it !!!
AND NO I have not put on video anything older than an 2004 zx10..... and for that matter no one here hasnt seen that vid coz i didnt want to hear any crap about ..oh.,...it was an older bike... the r1 was a 2006, lol...and it was some dude from the good ol USA... I am not claiming anything other than... the 30++++probs now in the 40's, bikes ive done this with.... all . ALL have been the same end result... setting aside the mis-shifts or their wheelies etc etc... on good clean runs.... 5th gear is deadly. Its funny about the rider arguements I see here coz .... as far as I am concerned ...If you get into the fight.... yu finish the fight.... ive never heard of anyone saying well.... if my older brother was here the fight would of turned out diff.... id like to see any national drag strip event be decided on the driver and not the outcome of the race.....

For all those out there having fun... Good for you... and for all those speculating on the side lines looking at data and specs and going on about dumb A$$ would be situations... get a hobby... lol serious...
Arent we all supposed to be sticking together and supporting one another.... damn.... I got sooo excited when i first got my car coz i saw some EVOMS silver car...BLAST THE QUATER IN THE 10'S.... WOW ...!! AMAZING.... and Im not here questioning who was driving and what tuner did what or not... GREAT for them...they got a great set up as does 9ff and techart and so forth..... ive won many races ... as I have lost ... there is always someone faster ..or better said...there is always someone with deeper pockets... Id love to see more ppl putting vids up of things they are doing!!

Old 09-14-2007, 04:07 PM
and they really should... the whole idea defaming people and flaming them makes for poor viewership. would have this idea considered before this reallycool place becomes "viper alley" and that's no a lam on the boards there, it's just that a VERY select FEW people make it less han hospitable and can destroy its reputation quickly. keep it at the drag strip.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:20 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Agree with the above. I think all of us here are modifying our cars for fun and nothing else. I recommend that you continue to drive and have fun, if you are ever in Texas, look me up.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:04 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
thank you so much and yeah ... for sure i would.... !!! working on getting me a pass to go south.. well down there.... long story!

Old 10-24-2007, 08:00 PM
2001s4ics is on a distinguished road
Honestly guys its hard to base hp numbers on what a car can do to a bike. I have a friend who had a 400whp Stage 3+ S4 he raced my other friend who had a 03 ZX636RR (keep in mind with the right rider it can pull low 11s high 10s all day) and the S4 pulled on him. If anyone is up for some fun when i go back up north to CT i wouldnt mind trying my 06 R1 against a high hp car. Ive gone against a couple different 600s and some modded cars but nothing as crazy as a heavily modded porsche.

Old 10-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Spec is on a distinguished road
Wow some guys need to relax here. It was a race and he won what seems to be a legitimate way. Oh and whoever made the comment about the R1 bringing the front wheel up in 4th is wrong. The only liter bikes present that can do that are the 04-05 ZX-10R and the 05+ GSXR 1000. The R1 and CBR cannot do that unless you "pogostick" it.

But also remember just because a liter bike traps 140+ mph in the 1/4 mile does not mean a car needs to trap that. A car that traps 130 mph will do Motorcycles have really bad aerodynamics but their power to weight ratio is ridiculous.

All in all good kill. Oh and Speed Yellow for the love of God do not compare this place to Viper Alley. I was on that site for 10 minutes and was upset with their comments.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:18 PM
2001s4ics is on a distinguished road
Depending on what you consider the front wheel coming up my 06 R1 from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th it does come off the ground but not much. i can feel it coming up a couple inches but no where near straight up 12 o clock.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:35 AM
did you get a chance to go to the mile thing?? Id love to know what your car pulled off.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R1 vs protomotive K24/18g 996tt

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.