996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

R1 vs protomotive K24/18g 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 12:59 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I am glad you are having fun! Keep it up!

Old 09-09-2007, 01:31 PM
AIRjordan23 is on a distinguished road
yea..dont those bikes with a good driver trap like 140mph?.. the driver couldnt drive.
the 600 proto package is fast but no comparison to a well driven r1

Old 09-09-2007, 01:45 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
R1 62-124mph = 4.2sec
MARKSKI 60-130mph = 4.78sec

The dude on the bike couldn't ride. No way a 24/18 is that fast sorry.

Old 09-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Well guys, I raced a handful of bikes in Chicago including a R1- in my old ZC stage 5 running 1.4 bars on 100 octane- GIAC ECU RACE PROGRAM via Speed Gallery ( ported headers, straight pipes, FVD plenum, clutch...) and I beat it as well... 65 mph +... I stopped at 175 mph.. he never caught up to me....
I have no reason to make up stories..... What do I get out of it?
If someone has both a high HP P car and a bike at the saem time... run both by switching places... put it on a video and then we will see... everything else is pure speculation. At least this guy( Dinisio) is out there having fun... lets not bash his efforts... I dont see anyone else posting video clips...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-09-2007, 03:09 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Well guys, I raced a handful of bikes in Chicago including a R1- in my old ZC stage 5 running 1.4 bars on 100 octane- GIAC ECU RACE PROGRAM via Speed Gallery ( ported headers, straight pipes, FVD plenum, clutch...) and I beat it as well... 65 mph +... I stopped at 175 mph.. he never caught up to me....
I have no reason to make up stories..... What do I get out of it?
If someone has both a high HP P car and a bike at the saem time... run both by switching places... put it on a video and then we will see... everything else is pure speculation. At least this guy( Dinisio) is out there having fun... lets not bash his efforts... I dont see anyone else posting video clips...
markski
Mark,with all due respect,and anyone else, if you beat (or in this case run away from like you are a second faster)a post 04 model year liter bike or 99 and later Busa with a 600-650 kit you just ran a bike with someone who doesn't know how to ride.Yes I have both a high HP bike and Porsche and know for a fact my Busa will spank my TT WITH SOMEONE WHO CAN REALLY RIDE THE THING.An 04 and later R1 is a different animal than the previous years and I would think you ran a earlier model.I am not speculating.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:19 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Sorry, but having raced MANY MANY MANY bikes, I'm going to have to agree...
Peter

Old 09-09-2007, 03:27 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Lol, Mark man I don't doubt you for a second - you deliver everything you say. Your time was just for comparisons sake to show how damn fast those bikes are. I'm happy for your buddy, and it's cool to see something like that, but I think we all know that 9/10 times he would get murdered by that bike.

Suman, don't you have a fast bike?

Later

Old 09-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Mark,with all due respect,and anyone else, if you beat (or in this case run away from like you are a second faster)a post 04 model year liter bike or 99 and later Busa with a 600-650 kit you just ran a bike with someone who doesn't know how to ride.Yes I have both a high HP bike and Porsche and know for a fact my Busa will spank my TT WITH SOMEONE WHO CAN REALLY RIDE THE THING.An 04 and later R1 is a different animal than the previous years and I would think you ran a earlier model.I am not speculating.
I did not know what year it was... I am a Ducati guy LOL - sold my 999 recently.
I think you guys are getting off track.... It does not matter if this P car has 600 or 800 hp.... nor does it matter if the rider sucks or not... ( maybe the driver is better)... but that still does not take away from the fact that this guy beat a XXX bike and he put on video for us...
We have to give our members the benefit of the doubt that the footage and or info is authenic and not staged... heck, maybe he raced a later older version R1.... who knows...
he even asked me if he should post any of this.... I said sure why not ... you signed up a while ago but have less then 40 posts.... get involved I said....

markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-09-2007, 03:53 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
Ok Im Online Guys

wow I sent this vid to markski and look at all the attn he gets.... For starters I appreciate all good/bad comments by everyone. We are all part of this "family"(porsche). and in like any family there will be agreements and DISagreements. I am not here to bash or bad mouth anyone or challenge any set up or not etc etc. I am here coz Ive gained some very good friends and have unleashed the monster in me with the 996tt.... SO with that being said lets get to business....
Correction on the stock headers... NOT. I actually did aquire some nice headers and sport exhaust.. NO cats or O2's.... THOSE were gone for...
the nice C16 that the car can run.... But in this run I had 114 in it. I really like the VP fuel but I couldnt get any... Anyhow... moving along. Yes I am having a blast and every "HANG" out joint I go to I make new "biker" friends as they HEAR of this car that did in their friend,buddy, cousin, whoever on the HWY.... And of course here comes the conversation... dispute...NO F'N way that car.... beat any bike.... lol.... and i grin and say...YOU DONT HAVE TO believe it... You can try for yourself... I am NOT putting anyones bike or skills down..... IF you feel you can do better than the 35 plus bikers all rang'n from cbrs... double r's...to gixxers..to R1's and so on ..... and so on...then lets go.... I AM NOT GOING TO argue with someone over data... or specs on PAPER..... GET your best rider on your best bike and lets go.... I THOUGHT some of these guys were going to tear a new one in me coz THEY leave PISSED .... offended...its like they are defending their right to existance or something.... and when we are out.... I drag em along to about 4500-4700 RPM on 3rd and away we go.... most bikes pull in and out 3-4th gears.... but then in 5th around 4500 or so.... forget it.... so my trick is to pull them as high as I can ...and keep em there.... once we punch it.... they aint goign nowhere... Ive had guys.... wheelie on shifts...once pissed after a couple runs... and then ive had guys that do true roll on...power vs power...where its not shifting etc etc....its lets see WHO TRULY is faster... where we each respect each others shift ranges if he mis shifts or rev limits etc etc.. we let off n back on and let the HP do the talking and this is the end result.... 3 4 very close.... 5th is killer as the car pulls like a freight train hit it from behind where as the BIKEs power is ... just simply not there..... Im not shifting into 6th till IM in the 300/kms plus range .... I AM gone then..... most litre bikes can get there but there is no torque .... IVE got a fresh gear on them and I STILL pull.... After its all said and done we come back and there we talk and discuss and befriend each other.... NO ONE BELIEVES until we roll... so, point taken ... thanks for all the comments.... I AM HAVING A BLAST... but the videos speak for themselves... I am not knocking bikes... I LOVE them and ride myself once in a while....but I am only posting what happens out there.... I know that there are nos bikes..turbo busas etc out there... heck some of you guys have crazy set ups...... I am just getting the best from what I have.... anyone want to know more of my set up call Todd and he'll tell ya what HE did to my cars ECU and other components... HE is terrific. I now expect everyone to comment so jsut give me some time to get back to you all....

Last edited by DMaffo; 09-09-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:56 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
At least this guy( Dinisio) is out there having fun... lets not bash his efforts... I dont see anyone else posting video clips...
markski
Go out and have fun then. Why make a video and post it? Especially one that is suspect; go drive your car. What next, posting video of the enormous dump I took this morning to prove I ate a big meal last night? I don't get it, but maybe I'm getting old. Funny, I very rarely see a video of a guy getting his *** handed to him. It all reaks of "Look at me, look at me!" Again, maybe I'm getting old, hell I am old, but this forum is also getting old. It is becoming increasingly juvenile with misinformation, and individuals who have never owned, driven, or even seen a Porsche Turbo posting idiotic comments.

The, "You've got to get this mod" is really getting old especially since some of these guys posting this crap have no idea what the hell they are talking about. Here is an example; "You've got to buy upgraded wastegates." "Your stock wastegates will never hold the boost with your flash." That is such B.S. I adjusted mine (stock) on Friday and actually had to dial them back. I was getting 1.4 bar in fifth. I dialed them back and now I see 1.1 immediately and 1.2 in fourth and fifth. But I'm sure the-never-have-done-it-know-it-alls will chime in and say I'm wrong.

BTW, do you know how fast you've got to go in fourth and fifth gear to see your maximum boost? FYI, you will be breaking some serious traffic laws. My tuner told me to be absolutely sure I should run her WOT in sixth. Where am I going to do that, the nearest aiport? BTW, does anyone know how big of a pain in the *** it is to adjust the passenger side turbo wastegate? Can anyone tell me why? Maybe it's me, but my time reading this crap is going to decrease immensely starting today. Go drive your cars and stop trying to prove crap to people you don't know, who don't care, and don't own a Porsche and are probably still in high school or at least still acting like it.

Finally, as far as I know, I am the only guy that is going to post a dyno of a stock car, a dyno after a flash, and a dyno with a flash, exhaust and wastegate adjustment to show gains, if any. I'll be posting my last one with my exhaust (Europipe II) and wastegate adjustment soon (if anyone gives a crap). The car picked up 25 more horses at the tire and 50 lbs of torque after the exhaust/wastegate adjustment. That is information that helps us weed through some of this garbage.

I attached the dyno stock and post flash for your information. Friday after the exhaust and wastegate adjustment, it posted 507 rwhp and 498 lb torque. So, total gain is 60 RW horses and 70 lbs of torque. Some of these turners are talking 90 and 100 RW horsepower gains; show me. BTW, same dyno, and almost the same conditions; in fact, it was about 20 degrees warmer for the last run (80 degrees vs 60 degrees). Oh, maybe I'll get the additional 30 to 40 RW horses after I install their headers. I guess that's my 2 cents. Cheers

Last edited by 9Eleven; 11-15-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:08 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DMaffo
wow I sent this vid to markski and look at all the attn he gets.... For starters I appreciate all good/bad comments by everyone. We are all part of this "family"(porsche). and in like any family there will be agreements and DISagreements. I am not here to bash or bad mouth anyone or challenge any set up or not etc etc. I am here coz Ive gained some very good friends and have unleashed the monster in me with the 996tt.... SO with that being said lets get to business....
Correction on the stock headers... NOT. I actually did aquire some nice headers and sport exhaust.. NO cats or O2's.... THOSE were gone for...
the nice C16 that the car can run.... But in this run I had 114 in it. I really like the VP fuel but I couldnt get any... Anyhow... moving along. Yes I am having a blast and every "HANG" out joint I go to I make new "biker" friends as they HEAR of this car that did in their friend,buddy, cousin, whoever on the HWY.... And of course here comes the conversation... dispute...NO F'N way that car.... beat any bike.... lol.... and i grin and say...YOU DONT HAVE TO believe it... You can try for yourself... I am NOT putting anyones bike or skills down..... IF you feel you can do better than the 35 plus bikers all rang'n from cbrs... double r's...to gixxers..to R1's and so on ..... and so on...then lets go.... I AM NOT GOING TO argue with someone over data... or specs on PAPER..... GET your best rider on your best bike and lets go.... I THOUGHT some of these guys were going to tear a new one in me coz THEY leave PISSED .... offended...its like they are defending their right to existance or something.... and when we are out.... I drag em along to about 4500-4700 RPM on 3rd and away we go.... most bikes pull in and out 3-4th gears.... but then in 5th around 4500 or so.... forget it.... so my trick is to pull them as high as I can ...and keep em there.... once we punch it.... they aint goign nowhere... Ive had guys.... wheelie on shifts...once pissed after a couple runs... and then ive had guys that do true roll on...power vs power...where its not shifting etc etc....its lets see WHO TRULY is faster... where we each respect each others shift ranges if he mis shifts or rev limits etc etc.. we let off n back on and let the HP do the talking and this is the end result.... 3 4 very close.... 5th is killer as the car pulls like a freight train hit it from behind where as the BIKEs power is ... just simply not there..... Im not shifting into 6th till IM in the 300/kms plus range .... I AM gone then..... most litre bikes can get there but there is no torque .... IVE got a fresh gear on them and I STILL pull.... After its all said and done we come back and there we talk and discuss and befriend each other.... NO ONE BELIEVES until we roll... so, point taken ... thanks for all the comments.... I AM HAVING A BLAST... but the videos speak for themselves... I am not knocking bikes... I LOVE them and ride myself once in a while....but I am only posting what happens out there.... I know that there are nos bikes..turbo busas etc out there... heck some of you guys have crazy set ups...... I am just getting the best from what I have.... anyone want to know more of my set up call Todd and he'll tell ya what HE did to my cars ECU and other components... HE is terrific. I now expect everyone to comment so jsut give me some time to get back to you all....
Take it to the track and show us some numbers.If you are ever in NY or NJ Pm me and we will give it a shot!

Old 09-09-2007, 04:08 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
point taken

I do agree on some of the juvi comments that I do come accross every now and then.... NO NAMES... lol... as far as the video goes... well it was a way to show that what I had done actually happened... man even with vid I get doubted.. imagine trying to prove something without the VID.... lol.. but you are right about the side trak'n and all the sales gimmics... MArkski has SAVED ME SOME SERIOUS cash... on sooo many things I wanted to get and he..through experience could honestly tell me Id be flushing my $ down the tubes.... IM glad I listened to experience and un selfish advice as to the tuner online wanting to get a good month end ..... see what I mean?? Good gains on your car !!! wow! good for you...

Old 09-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Id love to go to USA... but I cant right now.... and yeah we've got I think one track about an hour and a bit away....there was some torco competition this week and the next im taking to get some paint work done as my front clip is destroyed...lol guess why.... would be nice to see what it does.... 1st to second ...second to third.. syncros... are grinding a bit.. so.... ill have to see how well i do there.... problem was there before i bought the car... I didnt think id own it this long and thought Id flip the car quick.... I just became so attached to it...and Now i did so much to it that ... lol.... well... I still have it.... but will def post a vid of me at the track.... !!! I love video.. cant you tell....lol..

Old 09-09-2007, 04:31 PM
O-Ace will become famous soon enough
Nice run! Mark, email me the video and I'll throw it up on my site too

Old 09-09-2007, 05:10 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I personally love the videos and kill stories. And in street racing it doesn't matter who should have won only who did win.

Sure with the right rider it might be different but in this race it was not.

Congrats on the kill!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R1 vs protomotive K24/18g 996tt