996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

R1 vs protomotive K24/18g 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
I guess you have to post a video of you losing a race to have the right to post a vid of a win.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:39 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
hmmm .... sounds like i should go and pick a fight with a bigger kid.... What a great IDEA !!! everything to gain and nothing to lose.... what an ideal situation.... LOVE IT !!! lets see who I can go pic it with>>>>!!!

Old 09-09-2007, 06:47 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buddyg
I personally love the videos and kill stories. And in street racing it doesn't matter who should have won only who did win.

Sure with the right rider it might be different but in this race it was not.

Congrats on the kill!
Agreed a win is a win no matter who "should" have won but to think this would be indicative of someone with x tuners 600-650 kit racing against a late model R1 or Busa is not correct.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Who gives a damn, the guy beat the bike, move on

Christian

Old 09-09-2007, 07:07 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
thank you.....

Old 09-09-2007, 07:41 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jimmer23
R1 62-124mph = 4.2sec
MARKSKI 60-130mph = 4.78sec
Damn , I could of bought a proto 600 Kit, beat up on busa's & R1's! & saved a ton of cash ............................We really need to read between the lines or videos .

Old 09-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
Damn , I could of bought a proto 600 Kit, beat up on busa's & R1's! & saved a ton of cash ............................We really need to read between the lines or videos .
Actually my 62 to 124 mph is 4.12sec.. R1 is 4.2 .
Funny because I went back to the video and timed the runs... YES he lost in the first 4 seconds.... Actually he( Porsche) passed him ONLY at the 10 second mark( sounds like top of 5th).... I am not stating that the P car is faster 60 to 130 ... neither did the driver... I dont get you guys.... what's up with all the bashing....
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-09-2007, 08:20 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Actually my 62 to 124 mph is 4.12sec. which is 100 to 200 Km.

Funny because I went back to the video and timed the runs... YES he lost in the first 4 seconds.... Actually he( Porsche) passed him ONLY at the 10 second mark( sounds like top of 5th).... I am not stating that the P car is faster 60 to 130 ... neither did the driver... I dont get you guys.... what's up with all the bashing....
markski
No bashing! just having a little fun , lighten up

Old 09-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
No bashing! just having a little fun , lighten up
He is a newbie.... trying to enjoy his car... it doesnt help by making fun of him and chasing him off the board... he already Pmed me and asked "what's up with these guys.. why don't they believe me?"
If you go back to the video you probably can figure out that he only catches up to the R1 in top of 5th at apprx. 150 mph ... so it does seem to make sense after all doesn't it?

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 09-09-2007, 08:39 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Actually my 62 to 124 mph is 4.12sec.. R1 is 4.2 .

markski
Exactly,which is the reason I stated the guy on the R1 can't ride because we know know a 600rwhp car can't possibly compete if a car with 900rwhp barely beats it from 60-124.You and I know what your car would do to a 600 car.......it wouldn't even be close.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:45 PM
He is a newbie.... trying to enjoy his car... it doesnt help by making fun of him and chasing him off the board... he already Pmed me and asked "what's up with these guys.. why don't they believe me?"
If you go back to the video you probably can figure out that he only catches up to the R1 in top of 5th at apprx. 150 mph ... so it does seem to make sense after all doesn't it?
I apologize to DMaffo .......not trying to run him off the board and glad he is enjoying his car and not questioning the vid just don't want everyone to think this is what is gonna happen if you buy a 600 kit and are gonna race a Busa or R1.....you will get your *** handed to you by a guy who knows how to ride.Honestly......No it still doesn't make sense.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:57 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Talking Racing: If you have the power, you dont always win:

Fun video,

thanks for sharing!
I just got ahold of a video of me racing and losing to a GT2 (unfortunately we do not
have the one where I beat the same car because the video guy turned on the vid
while I was on the binders. Anyway, you will soon see some very fun video of
Porsches absolutely KILLING 600 cc bikes. I know I raced them myself!
I havent raced a 1 liter bike but I do know it takes ***** to ride them all out.
You may own one and not EVER been all out on it (and if I owned one...I grew up
on Motocross bikes/racing...I would not have the ***** to go all out).
I am currently trying to figure out how to upload a video of our new esteemed member
S-351 who races anything and everything: he hasnt lost yet..why??? because he
studies the competion! Wanna race a Viper??? race from 65 so they are in a ****ing
hole in second gear, etc. etc. It is quite a bit of fun when you add psyche and other
peoples screw-ups into the equation. Against the GT2 I have run mine into the redline
so far that I thought we would be seeing my aged crankshaft in 1 million pieces...LOL.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:08 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
I think the guys just modest. didn't look or sound like he was "into" it 110%.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:23 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Mad Power...
Do not underestimate !!

Old 09-09-2007, 09:26 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
yeah, that's for sho! mp all the way!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R1 vs protomotive K24/18g 996tt