996 Turbo Vendor Classifieds

The Cure to Run HIGH Boost on Pump Gas

Old 10-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
The Cure to Run HIGH Boost on Pump Gas

So you want to make the power but not spend the money on race gas constantly. Without running race gas, you cannot run high boost or you will risk detonation and potential engine failure. If you have a boost controller and you want to turn up the boost on your K16 or even highly modified K24/18G car on pump gas, add a water/meth injection kit. These kits are easy to install and can be turned off at the flick of a switch. Working off boost pressure, they spray a mixture (75/25) of meth and water into your Y-Pipe going inside your throttle body and burning away. The AEM 1GL Water/Meth kit is a simple installation and will act like race gas all the time! Depending on what ECU tuning you are running you may or may not have to retune. [URL="http://www.vrtuned.com"]Our tuning for example does not require a new map for those on 91 or 93 octane. The file is good till 100 octane so when you increase the boost and spray water/meth, you are making the power!

We use the water injection to cool charge air temps entering into the cylinder. When you look at physical properties of meth and water water is actually better for cooling in terms of latent heat. Latent heat vaporazation in Alcohol is 855 kJ/kg and water is 2260 kJ/kg at 100c so the potential for water to absorb more of the heat energy is much greater. Methanol has a greater latent heat than alcohol depending on temperature. Compared at 100c it is around 1000 kJ/kg.

Our 997TT used the AEM Kit to take us to a standing mile of 196mph. This kit is a must for daily drivers looking for more power. Get more Technical Info here.

Contact me for SPECIAL kit pricing. or order online here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...k-p-52135.html

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	aemwaterkit1.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	328604   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8286.JPG
Views:	2503
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	328605   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8293.JPG
Views:	596
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	328606  

Last edited by vividracing; 02-02-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Will have install pics up shortly.

Last edited by vividracing; 10-23-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Nice to see another tuner embracing water injection!!! Cant wait to see the results from your systems!

Last edited by Tony@epl; 10-23-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:11 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
I wanna see more pics of your Blue TT!

Old 10-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Former Vendor
Old 10-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Tony,

See what you started

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 10-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor
Vivid Racing has been installing and tuning water/meth injection kits from Aquamist for years and now AEM. We have done TONS of Subaru and EVO's and have extensive background. This is just something newer to the Porsche community. I will have Mitch our tuner dig up some dyno info of cars we have done to show you results.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Banned
Mitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the rough
Hola,

As Dan stated we have been tuning with water injection for some time on Subarus, Evo's, 350z's and a slew of others.

Here are some dyno sheets for some of the cars we have done in the past. We have tested water injection in cars running 87 Octane at close to 30psi just to see the limits of what it is capable of.

Evo X

Evo 9

350z

This is just a couple of them. Water helps us when using 91 octane as we can get much closer to MBT and in come cases can reach it.

Water Injection is a great way of making extra power instead of always running race gas.

Hope this helps,

Mitch Mckee
Vivid Racing

Old 11-05-2009, 10:20 AM
AdamW81 will become famous soon enoughAdamW81 will become famous soon enough
what are the pros/cons of the aem vs. the aquamist?

Old 11-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor
I dont think there are Pros and Cons. We use both here. AEM is just a bit more dumbed down. Simple switch to arm it, then it works off of boost pressure. You can go with the Aquamist HFS6 that has all types of features, but your spending 3times more. Check out all the Aquamist products here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/aquamist-m-272.html

Here is the Aquamist HFS6 - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...m-p-61041.html

Old 11-06-2009, 08:24 AM
AdamW81 will become famous soon enoughAdamW81 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by vividracing
I dont think there are Pros and Cons. We use both here. AEM is just a bit more dumbed down. Simple switch to arm it, then it works off of boost pressure. You can go with the Aquamist HFS6 that has all types of features, but your spending 3times more. Check out all the Aquamist products here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/aquamist-m-272.html

Here is the Aquamist HFS6 - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...m-p-61041.html

So the aem doesn't have all the safety features the aquamist has? I think that is what most people around here considering it are concerned about.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Former Vendor
No AEM does, see here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...k-p-52135.html

"Critical safety features are integrated into the system to virtually eliminate any chance of failure, including an integral fluid level sensor in the reservoir, a dash light to warn of low fluid level or error codes (including short circuits, battery voltage and more), and an additional output to either decrease ignition timing or boost if the system detects low fluid levels or a system error. "

Here is a picture of my JETS installed -

Old 02-12-2010, 12:00 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
who tried it before ??

Old 02-12-2010, 01:28 PM
otb996 will become famous soon enoughotb996 will become famous soon enough
I've used meth/h2o injection in the past on my EVO VIII, and Mitch was actually the person who did the tuning. We picked up something like 60 awhp within a few dyno runs with some pretty conservative tuning. It really is probably one of the best bang for the buck solutions for upping the boost available.

-Brandon

Old 02-16-2010, 04:34 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
I think it is a matter of preference, personally I like the Aquamist IDC approach with boost comp that Aquamist provides. Fluid delivery is proportional to Injector activity and is adjustable. I personally am not using failsafe at the moment because as Dan indicated the Softronic Flash is good and adaptive to 100 octane or so, so effectively I do not need it. I have had no issues at all. In fact the car runs a lot smoother with a 60/40 Meth to water injection mapped to start at 30% IDC and ramp proportionally to boost. My Boost Map is the Orange one Below.

SWR

Attached Images