996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Aftermarket radio install pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Sleek996 is on a distinguished road
I installed a pioneer x930bt double din, very easy do it yourself. The bluetooth, Pandora, aha radio works perfect with the Iphone. Highly recommended for a cheaper unit. Hardest part was relocating ac control cable and that took 30 mins.

Attached Images  
Old 03-26-2012, 07:48 PM
stretchc4s is on a distinguished road
Looks tight. I have a couple examples and it does look like they are great fit with right install - unfortunately I can't do it myself right now and want it in now. Appreciate it!

Old 03-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Gonzo911 will become famous soon enough
Pioneer AVIC 930bt here as well. Great unit. I run Pandora and iTunes from my iPhone plus I keep an iPod in my glove box that uses the Pioneer iPod Dock.

Attached Images  
Old 03-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
Just out of curiosity, if you were going to keep your car until it is 20+ years old (that's 9 more years for mine), would you do this? Or would you want to keep it stock?

Old 03-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
For a daily driver, I'd definitely do the mod. I did it. The nice thing is that it's reversible in most cases. I still have my OEM radio, and if somebody really wanted to return the vehicle to stock, they could do it.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:39 AM
Sleek996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dennis C
For a daily driver, I'd definitely do the mod. I did it. The nice thing is that it's reversible in most cases. I still have my OEM radio, and if somebody really wanted to return the vehicle to stock, they could do it.
+1....especially as a daily, the updated look, functions such as gps and Bluetooth made it a must for me.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:18 PM
friscotx is on a distinguished road
I did the new Kenwood with bluetooth, and all the other goodies. Locks, security, etc. still work as they are supposed to.... but needs an amp.... havent figured that out yet. Also, I opted to keep the drink holder, so i need to modify the bottom storage compartment to fit... for now its just covered.

Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2012, 11:00 PM
asialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Oggie (on L.I.)
Just out of curiosity, if you were going to keep your car until it is 20+ years old (that's 9 more years for mine), would you do this? Or would you want to keep it stock?

I Plan on keeping mine till it is 50 years old or longer. the key is to hang onto all the OEM parts. i have done ALOT of upgrades to my 02 996 and i have all the parts that were replaced in a box.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:00 PM
r9g
r9g is on a distinguished road
Like Gonzo, I've got the Pioneer 930bt. You'll notice a number of iPhone comments related to that unit. If you have an iPhone, definitely consider the Pioneer. The 930 is designed for the iPhone and you have built in Pandora, Aha Radio and other options if your phone is jailbroken.

I've never owned the Kenwood but I've read on many sites that the navigation is a better design on the Kenwood unit (which was posted above). I would assume that's true since it seems to be a consensus.

If you own an iPhone and are an app user, Pandora user, etc., you'll like the Pioneer. If navigation is your number one priority, you might want to lean toward the Kenwood. All that being said, the nav in the Pioneer isn't horrible.

Hope that helps!

Old 05-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Gonzo911 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by r9g
Like Gonzo, I've got the Pioneer 930bt. You'll notice a number of iPhone comments related to that unit. If you have an iPhone, definitely consider the Pioneer. The 930 is designed for the iPhone and you have built in Pandora, Aha Radio and other options if your phone is jailbroken.

I've never owned the Kenwood but I've read on many sites that the navigation is a better design on the Kenwood unit (which was posted above). I would assume that's true since it seems to be a consensus.

If you own an iPhone and are an app user, Pandora user, etc., you'll like the Pioneer. If navigation is your number one priority, you might want to lean toward the Kenwood. All that being said, the nav in the Pioneer isn't horrible.

Hope that helps!
I agree...the integration with the iPhone is virtually flawless. That includes Pandora, iTunes and of course the phone itself. As for the navigation, the Pioneer is perfectly fine. My wife has a 2011 MB GLK 350 and my nav works much better than hers does both in ease of operation and accuracy.

Old 05-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Hind is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by friscotx
I did the new Kenwood with bluetooth, and all the other goodies. Locks, security, etc. still work as they are supposed to.... but needs an amp.... havent figured that out yet. Also, I opted to keep the drink holder, so i need to modify the bottom storage compartment to fit... for now its just covered.
Looks nice. Did you move your AC unit up a shelf?

Old 01-09-2017, 07:04 AM
leakooo is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to dig up an old thread was just wondering as I'm attempting the install this weekend. I have a DSP controller, where do you place that when relocating the AC ?