6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-11/)
-   -   IPD intake plenum (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996/141154-ipd-intake-plenum.html)

fastone 08-19-2008 06:43 AM

IPD intake plenum

Do these work? i see in there ad that you would get 24 hp on a 996.

Many thanks for replys

1999Porsche911 08-19-2008 07:40 AM

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/1803119-post71.html

nine9six 08-19-2008 08:08 AM

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-dyno-day.html
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-test-day.html

RocC4S 08-20-2008 08:25 AM

I certainly noticed a seat of the pants difference right away after my install, and didn't even do a ECU reset.

every day 08-21-2008 06:01 PM

You'd be better off buying the Cargraphic exhaust I have for sale!!! ;)

p0rsch3 08-21-2008 06:37 PM

I just put one on today, but have not had a chance to go for a good drive. i'll let you know my butt dyno impression in a few days. It is painfully obvious where the current flat spots are on my stock 997, so if this makes any diff it will be noticeable.

TMAC 08-22-2008 08:25 PM

I have been looking at this mod too. It seems simple and easy for the money

erubin 08-24-2008 01:07 PM

My 2 Cents: I have this mod and really like it and would not switch back to stock. It is interesting that most of the negative comments are from members who have not installed one. Almost every review I have read from members who have installed this upgrade have been very positive.

1999Porsche911 08-24-2008 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by erubin (Post 2009951)
My 2 Cents: I have this mod and really like it and would not switch back to stock. It is interesting that most of the negative comments are from members who have not installed one. Almost every review I have read from members who have installed this upgrade have been very positive.

You are practicing selective reading. There are even posts where people removed the Plenum if you cared enough to search. Voodoo on an NA engine. hilarious

Placebo effect at best.

Denis GTPRO 08-24-2008 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911 (Post 2009960)
You are practicing selective reading. There are even posts where people removed the Plenum if you cared enough to search. Voodoo on an NA engine. hilarious

Placebo effect at best.

I am in no affiliation with RSS or IPD, however, ALL of the dyno testing was done on my dyno for the yrs of testing this product has undergone. They PAID for use of my dyno and wanted to do ALL the testing on the same dyno for consistancy and results. I have seen the plenum not work before,,,,,when its creator "turbo mike" was on our dyno. He then spend weeks testing different designs until he got the results he was looking for with considerable expense of of his pocket. That is why if you pay attention, all of the plenums for the different engines are different. The plenums make power, PERIOD! I have one on my personal 996 3.4. I own a dyno. I tested it on my own car, as well as have seen about 50 other cars have it and make power on my dyno. Spare me the voodoo deal and what you think you know. I have been following your posts and your obviously an AWE nutswinger, somehow got offended somehow and trying tarnish the reputation of this product. I have been biting my tongue and have not called you out until this point. Your basically calling me a liar because i endose this product and you say it doesnt work . European car magazine tested this product i believe in the september 07 issue as an impartial 3rd party testing various products for porsche cars here at my facility as well. It picked up 11 peak and 14 ftlbs of torque on a 997s. While giving the DME time to learn. It was an all day event. If you would like to view approx 3 yrs of dyno testing files during the development of this product your welcome to them. I would advise you to actually shut up, and read about the MANY happy people on 6sp saying they MADE power, read the dyno charts, and check out the results from the RSS dyno day and read the european car magazine. you have no basis for the **** your saying and i would advise people to not listen to anything you have to say. I appologize to the rest of the people who had to listen to my rant.

PS. Apologies for my lack of PC. I call it like i see it. i encourage those to follow to actually look up this guys posts. You will notice MANY of them do nothing but slander this product. There is not one IPD plenum thread this guy has NOT posted in saying negative remarks.

nine9six 08-24-2008 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911 (Post 2009960)

Placebo effect at best.

How do you know?:confused:

1999Porsche911 08-24-2008 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Denis GTPRO (Post 2010027)
I am in no affiliation with RSS or IPD, however, ALL of the dyno testing was done on my dyno for the yrs of testing this product has undergone. They PAID for use of my dyno and wanted to do ALL the testing on the same dyno for consistancy and results. I have seen the plenum not work before,,,,,when its creator "turbo mike" was on our dyno. He then spend weeks testing different designs until he got the results he was looking for with considerable expense of of his pocket. That is why if you pay attention, all of the plenums for the different engines are different. The plenums make power, PERIOD! I have one on my personal 996 3.4. I own a dyno. I tested it on my own car, as well as have seen about 50 other cars have it and make power on my dyno. Spare me the voodoo deal and what you think you know. I have been following your posts and your obviously an AWE nutswinger, somehow got offended somehow and trying tarnish the reputation of this product. I have been biting my tongue and have not called you out until this point. Your basically calling me a liar because i endose this product and you say it doesnt work . European car magazine tested this product i believe in the september 07 issue as an impartial 3rd party testing various products for porsche cars here at my facility as well. It picked up 11 peak and 14 ftlbs of torque on a 997s. While giving the DME time to learn. It was an all day event. If you would like to view approx 3 yrs of dyno testing files during the development of this product your welcome to them. I would advise you to actually shut up, and read about the MANY happy people on 6sp saying they MADE power, read the dyno charts, and check out the results from the RSS dyno day and read the european car magazine. you have no basis for the **** your saying and i would advise people to not listen to anything you have to say. I appologize to the rest of the people who had to listen to my rant.

PS. Apologies for my lack of PC. I call it like i see it. i encourage those to follow to actually look up this guys posts. You will notice MANY of them do nothing but slander this product. There is not one IPD plenum thread this guy has NOT posted in saying negative remarks.

It has already been proven by others and I have recently proven for myself that simply making the change from the stock intake to the RSS intake on an NA Porsche does not give the gains RSS claims no matter how much time you give the 996 computer to learn. I need no further evidence but will continue to point out that there are others who experience different results than all the cheerleaders on these threads.

If the quality of your dyno testing was similar to those that were posted by RSS, that may where your problems is. You should post the air/fuel ratio chart captured during your dyno tests. It will show all of us on this board exactly what a gimmick it is. hilarious

I find it so funny that no one, not RSS or anyone else can explain where the additional power comes from when in fact the intake has done nothing but change the velocity of the air passing into the intake. There is no increase in the amount of air getting to the engine as measured by the sensor. I guess some people don't like to hear experiences contrary to what they believe.

I can and have gotten 20+ hp more out a stock 996 by installing a 50 cent resister.

Voodoo is still probably the best word to explain this awesome power increase. But, if you THINK you got more power, then you should be happy.

RocC4S 08-24-2008 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911 (Post 2010284)
It has already been proven by others and I have recently proven for myself that simply making the change from the stock intake to the RSS intake on an NA Porsche does not give the gains RSS claims no matter how much time you give the 996 computer to learn. I need no further evidence but will continue to point out that there are others who experience different results than all the cheerleaders on these threads.

If the quality of your dyno testing was similar to those that were posted by RSS, that may where your problems is. You should post the air/fuel ratio chart captured during your dyno tests. It will show all of us on this board exactly what a gimmick it is. hilarious

I find it so funny that no one, not RSS or anyone else can explain where the additional power comes from when in fact the intake has done nothing but change the velocity of the air passing into the intake. There is no increase in the amount of air getting to the engine as measured by the sensor. I guess some people don't like to hear experiences contrary to what they believe.

I can and have gotten 20+ hp more out a stock 996 by installing a 50 cent resister.

Voodoo is still probably the best word to explain this awesome power increase. But, if you THINK you got more power, then you should be happy.

Oh hell, here we go again......:rolleyes:

Will someone give this guy a money back guarantee if he is not satisfied with the performance after it has been installed on his car?

There is no way you would be able to tell me straight-faced you noticed no difference after it was put it on.

It is funny how someone that DOESN'T own one bashes it all to hell.

I think we are all aware of YOUR opinion at this point and has been noted way too many times. If you don't like it, don't worry about it. Let us "suckers" bask in our waste of money purchase.

Denis GTPRO 08-24-2008 06:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911 (Post 2010284)

Ok. You are a complete jackass and apparently an idiot as well. Who do think think you are talking to? Are you reading your posts from a script? Because you say the same bull**** in almost every post. We build intake manifolds for a variety of cars, hold world records for several platforms for wheel horspower, have had a tuning shop for 14+yrs, and are PUBLISHED MONTHLY in performance buisness magazine for articles telling people how to run a run a performance buisness. As well as being efi 101 ceritified, and aem certified on standalone engine management. Dont preach how an engine works to me. You may have everyone on 6sp fooled with what your trying to do, But most people on this forum dont have the balls to call things like they see it and are to busy trying to be PC. I have about 50 cars worth of dyno data over approx 3 yrs saying you are full of ****. Every IMPARTIAL test done says your full of ****. AND...of the 100s and hundreds of people that have purchased the product, experienced the claimed gains are saying your full of ****. You know how deep i had to dig to find people who had a bad experience with the plenum? I could find 3 people. Find a new script to read from. You just insulted me again saying my intake manifold doesnt make power either. by this statement ,

"""""intake has done nothing but change the velocity of the air passing into the intake. There is no increase in the amount of air getting to the engine as measured by the sensor. I guess some people don't like to hear experiences contrary to what they believe"""""

My intake manifold CANT make power....i suppose i need to quit my job now because contrary to what my dyno says, flow analysis and track times say.

You are a tool, engineered to do nothing more than to talk **** on a product PROVEN AND PROVEN time and time again, not to mention calling me a liar and doctoring all the dyno results. i will not idly sit by and stand for this. EVERY single time you post misinformation and from your script from whoever is paying you to say all these things about this product, i will post RIGHT behind you. Meanwhile, you need to take classes on airflowand velocity and its effect on combustion.

PS. AND the "quality of my dynotesting" seems to be good enough to be the oficial AWD dyno testing facility for european car and eurotuner magazines.

also, its resistor, not resister http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistor

Denis GTPRO 08-24-2008 06:58 PM

for everyone else, the plenum DOES work. I have all the testing data from when they were being designed and all the testing days on my dyno computer. I even have the designs that didnt work and the numbers on those as well.