6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-11/)
-   -   The website is up... (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996/149965-website-up.html)

MCM97 10-31-2008 02:51 PM

The website is up...

www.porscheenginefailure.com

With a big thanks to Ben (flyer007) I'm happy to announce that the site is up and running. I don't want to take anything away from 6speed (and really I highly doubt we will) but the purpose of the site is to help people understand some of the issues that happen with these cars. Hopefully it will build into a community that can come together and leverage the collective knowledge to help people down the line make good decisions - which is really a keystone of the internet.

Anyway, enjoy and please feel free to contribute/bash/cheer the site

Oh and a big thanks to our first doner from Israel - THANK YOU!!

Dharn55 10-31-2008 03:11 PM

Great to see it up and running

I was very happy to see the site up and running. As the recent victim of a 3.4 failure at 50,xxx miles ( an oil/coolant intermix with both oil in the coolant and coolant in the oil) I am very interested. I just registered and would like to get more information. I would seriously consider donating, especially if members are going to pursue a legal remedy.

It amazes me that Porsche now charges more for a 3.4 ($11,010 from Sunset or Suncoast) than a 3.6 ($8,400) and 3.6 X51 ($9,600). How do they justify this.

Also, remember it is not just the IMS problems, you also see porous blocks, slipped liners, cracked liners, cracked cylinder heads, etc. etc.

Check out this link:

http://www.hartech.org/docs/buyers%2...20part%204.pdf

Found it on Renntech.org in thier long-term thread on 996 engine reliability. A long read, but alot of info. One thing they say is that EVERY 3.4 ENGINE THEY HAVE TORN DOWN HAS HAD DISTORTION IN THE CYLINDER LINERS
and that this is gooing to lead to future failures.

Keep up the good work!!!!

Benjamin Choi 10-31-2008 03:33 PM

hilarious love it

MCM97 10-31-2008 03:39 PM

thanks for the feedback so far! I know it would take a special lawyer to take on the 3.4 case. Of course, the potential to make some huge money is there. We'd love to explore being in a class action lawsuit vs. Porsche but my legal knowledge is confined to tickets only :). The law firm that vetted the site just does IP and civil law and just isn't in the business of taking on firms like Porsche. Anyway, we'll see what happens but again thanks for the support

LowStro9 11-03-2008 12:22 AM

Someone has lead you down the wrong path my friend. Undeniably, there seems to be a valid 3.4 engine issue but Porsche will sue your ass for having their car image on your site. Remember, they told the very site to remove their images.
\
Secondly, your IP/Civil attorney needs to explain what a class action suit is and how awards work. Product liability is no where close to Erin Brikovich and the kiddies in that town getting poisoned. If your attorney was going to give you "good" advice, he/she would have told you to pursue them individually. I hope they didn't tell you there was "huge" money in this effort for you. Check and make sure their malpractice insurance is paid up.

When you get down to product liability and responsibility to fix or make good, don't think for a minute that you suffered stress or emotional trama in anyway and are entitled to any damages or awards over and above your costs. Matter of fact, the greatest majority of CA awards are a very small percentage of the actual loss.

I think your intentions are Ok except the "huge money thing" and really don't mean to come across sounding like a dick but you have been told some things that are not even close to true.

Nevertheless, good luck with what ever you are aiming for.

MCM97 11-03-2008 06:34 AM

Mike - the purpose of the site is to bring to light the problem that exists with these engines that Porsche will not admit to. I think it's a great place to keep record of how a major global company has done many bad things to consumer - is there even an argument that there are issues with the 3.4 and has Porsche ever admitted to them? No. I don't expect anything to come out of the site other than to give people a forum to vent and create a discussion place for solutions to the problem.

If any actual lawyers would like to contribute to this discussion that would be great

LowStro9 11-03-2008 08:07 PM

Like I said, I wasn't trying to be a dick but your post above carries a much different tone than your first two. I'm not dogging the effort in any way. I just hope the angle was not "huge cash" as it does not apply. Don't hate a guy who has a fair read on the law.

Again, nice effort, just curious about your target.

MCM97 11-03-2008 08:21 PM

If you have some case law in regards to the issue at hand let me know - always willing to learn something.

LowStro9 11-03-2008 08:53 PM

I guess you got your little feelings hurt over my posts and now feel as hought you want to be a dick and challenging about it.

So, here is some great reading for ya!

http://www.uslaw.com/library/California/Coupon_Settlement_Ford_Explorer_Class_Action.php?i tem=6040\
All that for a $500 Ford coupin to buy another one of their POS cars.

Next: This one is especially exciting for people who want "huge cash" and don't do the math. $35Mil netted these "huge casher" like $290 each after fee's.
http://law.taragana.net/archive/35-m...ment-approved/

Number 3...hmm. Brystol-Meyers- they are kind of bigger than Porsche.
Real nice on on this article. Gel filled breast implants and if you actually can articulate through the response, the women who received the implants ended up with about $1200 each after the appellate process. Think the last pair of those I bought were about 6k. Not a very good rebate with getting sick.
http://law.taragana.net/archive/clas...-by-the-court/

Matter of fact, all three of these companies trump Porsche in sales but you said you wanted some reading material.

So here ya go. Tool!

But hey, you think its cool.

MCM97 11-03-2008 09:01 PM

thanks for contributing Mike. Interesting reads...do you have anything you want to add about the 3.4 engine?

LowStro9 11-03-2008 09:04 PM

Yep....mine runs like a raped ape and when it blows I will throw a blown LS1 in it and call it a day.

Good luck but we are all still confused about your "vetted" target. Later.

MCM97 11-03-2008 09:07 PM

Glad to hear Eurosport got you all hooked up!!

erubin 11-03-2008 10:09 PM

off topic but $1200 for a witch hunt that is not supported by the science and cost 1000's their jobs and investors significant economic loss is not a good example to quote.

Number 3...hmm. Brystol-Meyers- they are kind of bigger than Porsche.
Real nice on on this article. Gel filled breast implants and if you actually can articulate through the response, the women who received the implants ended up with about $1200 each after the appellate process. Think the last pair of those I bought were about 6k. Not a very good rebate with getting sick.
http://law.taragana.net/archive/clas...-by-the-court/

Matter of fact, all three of these companies trump Porsche in sales but you said you wanted some reading material.

So here ya go. Tool!

But hey, you think its cool.[/QUOTE]

ls911 11-04-2008 02:09 PM

Nothing good to come out of this IMHO

I know it must really suck for those that have had the misfortune(I do feel for you) but the sky is not falling

+1 lowstro

Enjoy the ride

MCM97 11-04-2008 02:21 PM

So I'm curious...which direction would you go? By rough estimates about 2 people a month on 6speed have an engine fail. That's a $14,000 cost per car which isn't pocket change. I guess you think it's right and ok that Porsche - who knows they have a flawed design - take no ownership in it?
Frankly, it's one thing to critize with no suggestions and name call and act like a child and it's another thing to be constructive and actually contribute. I'm open to constructive criticism but when you start name calling and acting childish I don't have time for it - plus hanging out with children that name call makes one look like a pedifile :). If anyone on here would like to make a good, solid suggestion please do so - I know the site isn't perfect and I'm totally willing to listen to any and all good ideas.