996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

3M Clear Bras on 996's - Pic Request

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 09:48 PM
MCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to behold
3M Clear Bras on 996's - Pic Request

Hey guys
If you have a clear bra on your 996 can you throw up some pics? I am going to need to get my front end resprayed soon and am thinking a clear bra might not bad a way to go

Old 02-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
I hate them... I had one on mine when I bought and I removed it... which was a painful experience to get all off.

My car is dark blue, so it showed a line on the front that drove me nuts. Perhaps brand new they are "invisible" but they show over time. I left it on my bumper as that would just be a royal pain in the **** to remove, but I honestly would just leave it without.

Cheers
Aaron

Old 02-18-2009, 12:11 AM
RandomName is on a distinguished road
why 3m?
and it is much better to look at it in person. picture doesn't help when something is supposed to be clear

Old 02-18-2009, 08:49 AM
HTP
HTP will become famous soon enough
Yeah I would recommend VentureShield over 3M. 3M has to much orange peel in it.

Purplxd, the way to get around that line is to do the full hood in one piece. Then there are not any lines to see. And yes it is going to be tough to remove. That way you dont have to worry about it peeling back when your doing 180mph... at the track.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

I think that the color of your car plays a big role on how they look.

My '03 Seal Grey had a full front end covering including entire bumper, hood, front part of fenders and mirors applied when it was just off the showroom and it still looks perfect. Not a single paint knick or spot!

A pic is almost useless because it is nearly invisible.

I've seen darker color cars that it looked not so great on.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:41 PM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
+1 on that. I have one on my seal gray 996 and there is no discernable color effect at all. I am very pleased with the 3M clearbra.

Originally Posted by Brando
I think that the color of your car plays a big role on how they look.

My '03 Seal Grey had a full front end covering including entire bumper, hood, front part of fenders and mirors applied when it was just off the showroom and it still looks perfect. Not a single paint knick or spot!

A pic is almost useless because it is nearly invisible.

I've seen darker color cars that it looked not so great on.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:05 PM
JoeyM will become famous soon enough
i have them on most of my cars. i like em. but i drive when/where there's a lot of sand and gravel...

Old 02-18-2009, 06:20 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I've seen a number of them up close, guys that track their cars. They looked pretty good!

Old 02-25-2009, 06:36 AM
1 PGH 1 is on a distinguished road
I have Venture Sheild on mine. I did the whole hood though so there is no line. Also did the bumper, fender and side skirts. Had it installed by someone very well qualified ... this is essential. Even up close the large majority of people have not been able to tell it was on the car.

Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Here are some close up shots of a full vehicle wrap done on a RS

Attached Images      

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 02-27-2009, 04:53 PM
scubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to behold
Do they sell Venture Shield complete kits and where from? as a DIY

Thanks

Old 02-28-2009, 09:02 AM
GATORFAN is on a distinguished road
Has 3-M clear bra and you cannot see it!

Attached Images  
Old 11-28-2010, 06:25 PM
adamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the roughadamclutz is a jewel in the rough
You can see the bra slightly in this last pic by gatorfan...I have it on my blue 2001, didn't see it in the showroom but noticed it on further inspection at home. If you weren't a few inches from the hood, you wouldn't notice. It helps keeping the front clean!

Old 11-28-2010, 07:56 PM
trisgale is on a distinguished road
pretty invisible on red, Premiere (socal) installed mine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53693931@N07/5216771220/http://www.flickr.com/photos/53693931@N07/5216771220/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/53693931@N07/, on Flickr

Old 11-29-2010, 11:42 AM
CoolHand is an unknown quantity at this point
Currently I have in installed on my Silver 535i, I forget that its there. I have personally seen in installed on a Panamera Metalic Bronze color and a Dark Blue F430 on those two vehicles it is a little more visible.

As soon as I install my GT3 Bumper I am going to have it done on the 966. Worth it imo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3M Clear Bras on 996's - Pic Request