6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-11/)
-   -   Cracked Wheel...anyone have one they are willing to sell? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996/173460-cracked-wheel-anyone-have-one-they-willing-sell.html)

Jnocerin 05-26-2009 03:57 PM

Cracked Wheel...anyone have one they are willing to sell?

Hi All,
I am in the middle of a road trip with my 03 996 Cab, had a tire blow out, and somehow managed to crack one of my rear wheels (18x10, 5 spoke with raised spline, ET65mm). I figured I would make an attempt to see of anyone out there had one they would be willing to get rid of at a fair price. Or if anyone knows of anywhere that has reconditioned OEM wheels that would have this in stock. I am not interested in aftermarket or replica. I am in a bind and would appreciate any help anyone can offer. I have tried the usual places like RimPRO, Wheel Collision Center, and so far have found nothing.

Obviously the dealer is looking to be more and more my only option, but I just had to try and minimize the damage to my bank account first. :/

Thanks for any help that anyone can give me!

gsieck 05-26-2009 04:41 PM

Try Wheel Enhancement. They're a sponsor of this site.

HxCforlife 05-26-2009 04:42 PM

I have a wheel i could lend you till you find an exact match but mine is the spider web looking rim with the rivetts in them let me know i'm in NJ.

Jnocerin 05-26-2009 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by gsieck (Post 2399823)
Try Wheel Enhancement. They're a sponsor of this site.

Thanks for the recommendation, they were one of the first places I tried after my preferred vendors.but the wheel cost plus shipping to where I am stuck (SC) put the cost at the dealer cost.

Jnocerin 05-26-2009 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by HxCforlife (Post 2399826)
I have a wheel i could lend you till you find an exact match but mine is the spider web looking rim with the rivetts in them let me know i'm in NJ.

That is an amazing offer, but I would rather roll on something that I would own, as clearly I am not able to keep my own wheels out of harms way, I would not want to risk anothers wheel. :-)

HxCforlife 05-26-2009 07:04 PM

I understand offer is still out there as i do have my summer wheels on right now......

Jnocerin 05-26-2009 07:42 PM

Can anyone tell me the weights of the standard Carerra 996 wheel rear 18x10 ET 65 v.
the turbo wheel of the same size and offset.

I am asking to determine if I could use the turbo wheel in a pinch, as I have cracked a wheel while 1000 miles from home, and am weighing my options. And have located a turbo wheel for a good price.

Thanks!

Jnocerin 05-27-2009 11:42 AM

I found a curb rashed (but still true and sound) wheel from a seller in NJ, and will be rolling again tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for the tips and offers of assistance.

HxCforlife 05-27-2009 05:02 PM

No prob dude get home safe and watch those damn potholes haha!!