996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Allow myself to introduce...myself

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 01:10 PM
darkdrifter is on a distinguished road
Smile Allow myself to introduce...myself

Hey everyone. I just wanted to give a quick introduction of myself. I have loved the 911's since I was a kid and I am starting to get to the point where I maybe able to actually get one in the near future. So like all the other cars I have owned I am going to try to suck up as much info about the cars as possible. Right now I have two cars. I have a 1990 Nissan 240sx that is fully built. Full Roll cage coilovers new control arms Built SR20 with a T25 hybrid turbo etc etc. I use this for hillclimbs and track events mostly. My daily driver is a 2005 Mitsubishi Evo RS with coilover, HKS 272 cams, HKS intake, Turbo back exhaust and 18x9.5 wheels on all 4 corners with 265/35-18 bridgestone RE760. I have also used this car for hillclimbs and track events simply because the Nissan like to break a lot. Lol. My future goal is going to be a 996 Carrera 4S. If I do get one it will not stay stock long I am sure. None of my cars ever do.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:11 PM
markar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to all
Welcome to 6 speed.Nice cars, You will love the handling off 996 carrera 4s.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:26 PM
oatmealadam is on a distinguished road
I bought my first Porsche ('02 C4S) and had the same liking for them since I was a kid. Every time I get into the car it puts a smile on my face. Although the maintenance is pricey and at times the amount of sensors and electronics annoy me, the thrill of driving the 4S in any weather condition makes me forget about all those minor nuances.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:41 AM
I am looking forward to it. I owned three Audi's before the two cars I currently own so I know all about the million sensors Audi/Porsche puts on their cars. I have to say though I do wonder if this is the right step for me. The Evo is no joke when it comes to the hillclimbs. Its putting down about 350HP and about the same in torque. Plus with the suspension upgrades cornering is not a issue. Put on the other hand the potential of the 911 is also very high. Turbo it or supercharge it and its horse power goes threw the roof toss in some coilovers and sticky tires and you have a track beast. Plus its more of a investment then the evo would be.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Plexiform will become famous soon enough
I wouldn't count on the porsche being an investment. no car is a good investment these days. but still get it...its an awesome machine. you're not going to regret it.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Plexiform
I wouldn't count on the porsche being an investment. no car is a good investment these days. but still get it...its an awesome machine. you're not going to regret it.
You are probably right about the investment part. But hey who am I kidding thats the last thing on my list of worries. Lol. I noticed your car list very similar to mine. I had a 1997 Audi A4 1.8t and a 2001 Audi S4.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:49 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Welcome to the 6, great shot of the Evo ****ing it's leg. Are you set on the C4S for any particular reason? - Not that it's not a great choice, just wondering where it will spend most of it's time.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by iJeremy
Welcome to the 6, great shot of the Evo ****ing it's leg. Are you set on the C4S for any particular reason? - Not that it's not a great choice, just wondering where it will spend most of it's time.
Well I love AWD and most of my racing I do is all Hillclimbs for the most part. The more traction you can have on the hills the better. We race in the rain to we have even had snow on the sides of the roads before. The rest of the time it will just be my weekend cruiser. I have thought about doing a RWD but I really think the AWD is where I would want to be.

Thanks for all the welcomes to! I am looking forward to this new adventure in automotive!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.