996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

My Girlfriends comments about my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 07:33 PM
PoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura aboutPoRsChE_ShIfTiN has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Playersexpress
Wouldn't it be easier to get a new girl than try and fix all the "problems" with the car?

HAHAHAHAHA I couldn't agree more. I love my girl but I would leave her before I left my car. Plus a girl that complains like that and says sh*t regarding her ex like that is going to cause some serious issues in the future. She wont be happy with anything you do unless it is in her favor. I have had that type before. THEY ARE NOOOOOOO GOOD!!!! Tell her if she doesnt like the car then she can get out and call one of her ex's that she likes to talk about and she can get in their Ford Touras and rock out in that piece of sh*t car!

Old 02-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by strat10
Unfortunately I dont think its the actual lack of cup holders, she just thinks that only C@#cks drive this car. Its just something she will have to get over, because its not going anywhere soon......Except maybe a 4S.
Why would you put up with that??? She's effectively calling you a **** to your face and getting away with it. I cant recall you saying what it was that you actually liked about this girl other than spending your money on her? If you say you have more fun with the car than her then thats not a healthy position.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:16 AM
strat10 will become famous soon enough
Lets all face it, there are definitely stereo types associated with a Porsche. Just ask Jeremy Clarkson...

Having said that, I could give a crap about what other people think of me driving a Porsche. Hell I came from the Mitsubishi Evolution world, and that also came along with a stigma of "Ricer Boy" just ask all the freaking cops that pulled me over on a monthly basis.

I drive cars because of the way they feel, the way they push me back in my seat, and how it gets my adrenaline pumping.

I certainly dont drive this car to impress my girlfriend, and to be completely honest I could care less about what she thinks.

As far as what I like about this girl, lately it hasnt been a whole lot, and the "car issue" is just one more thing.

At least Ill be riding off into the sunset on a PORSCHE!

Old 02-11-2011, 04:04 PM
JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !JB Lifeguard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Why would you put up with that??? She's effectively calling you a **** to your face and getting away with it. I cant recall you saying what it was that you actually liked about this girl other than spending your money on her? If you say you have more fun with the car than her then thats not a healthy position.
got to agree with you on the C4S......

seriously, my wife hates mine (she liked the 993). but she loves that I drive it and that I love it and it make me happy.

I guess, one reason we made it to 38 yrs of marriage, is that she is for anything that makes me happy. And I for her.

if you "girlfriend" isn't going to fight and sacrifice to make you happy, and you for her, what's the point.

JB

p.s. written Friday PM after a very tall gin and tonic........

Old 03-14-2011, 03:14 PM
dailydriver will become famous soon enough
My wife has always loved riding in the C4S... When I first picked it up I had her drive it to work a few times and she complained about how it was hard to drive in heels, and she was always afraid she was flashing people getting in and out of it in a skirt. This past weekend she drove it and said it was a completely different feeling driving it in sneakers and pants... I'm afraid she may be hooked now.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:50 AM
dennish is infamous around these parts
My wife likes my 996 because as she says, " you look good in it"

Old 03-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Update: Now that I have my new coilovers installed, she has officially refused to ride in it. Mission accomplished

Old 03-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Update: Now that I have my new coilovers installed, she has officially refused to ride in it. Mission accomplished
WELL PLAYED. A stroke of genius.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Tay Tay has a spectacular aura aboutTay Tay has a spectacular aura aboutTay Tay has a spectacular aura about
My girlfriend drives a s2k and loves my cayman. She helped me install my coilovers.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:28 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dailydriver
My wife has always loved riding in the C4S... When I first picked it up I had her drive it to work a few times and she complained about how it was hard to drive in heels, and she was always afraid she was flashing people getting in and out of it in a skirt. This past weekend she drove it and said it was a completely different feeling driving it in sneakers and pants... I'm afraid she may be hooked now.
I had never considered that, and I'm sure my wife has not either... Something to consider.
Originally Posted by Tay Tay
My girlfriend drives a s2k and loves my cayman. She helped me install my coilovers.
Awesome!!!

My wife loves 911's (she thinks it's the perfect 'girls' car).

Her other favorite cars include:
Audi R8
Nissan GT-R
Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
Aston Martin DB9

(Listed in order)

We have been trying to justify getting a 911 as her daily driver, and use the minivan for outings with the whole family.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Haha, well done!

Old 03-16-2011, 11:15 AM
jr2
jr2 is on a distinguished road
My wife also refuses to ride in my C4S (PSS9s on hardest setting, GT3 sways and links and RS solid engine mounts) -- says it's like being in a roller coaster (giving up on telling me to "SLOW DOWN") and calls it "The Monster"!

Old 03-16-2011, 11:18 AM
and calls it "The Monster"!
Next time she asks what car I'm taking, Ill just say "the monster"

Old 03-16-2011, 11:20 AM
flyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to behold
Sweet bike and sick car you my friend are having some fun.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:27 AM
dos531 has a spectacular aura aboutdos531 has a spectacular aura about
You guys are doing it all wrong. I sold my lotus Exige to get my turbo, so compared to that the porsche is like a Cadillac and my girl loves it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Girlfriends comments about my car