996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Matte White 996

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 01:40 PM
dailydriver will become famous soon enough
What color was the car pre-wrap?

Old 03-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Banned
mr.raven is on a distinguished road
This year my fav color tone choice is definitly matte white...

Old 04-29-2012, 08:41 PM
EHGray is a jewel in the roughEHGray is a jewel in the roughEHGray is a jewel in the rough
Looks awsome!! I have been considering the exact same thing. As well as using plastidip for matte black wheels.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:28 AM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
Needs a good waxing/polishing

Old 05-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Pors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the roughPors-Vette is a jewel in the rough
It looks good but this old man has spent countless hours getting a smooth shine and the idea of a matte color defeats the purpose. Well, at least for me.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:36 PM
producerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by alpine003
I would rather take that money and put it to other mods especially if your car is bone stock. Wraps just seems like one of the last things towards the end of your mods list to do.

It sort of like cars that have unpainted ground effects with stock wheels and suspension.

Just my $.02
Agreed. From a purely aesthetic point of view, ride height and wheel stance is far more important on a car like the 996 than any other factor. From the factory they sit far too high and have way too much wheel gap. Fix those things on a 996 and it will look good.

I considered matte white vinyl for my second wrapped car but stuck with the matte black. The white looks fantastic but it's hard enough to keep the black from water staining. You must dry the car immediately and let no standing water sit or it will stain. I have been super meticulous with mine and still have staining, though you can't really see it unless you look closely. If it were white, I'd be screwed.

Cost wise, a quality wrap will cost a minimum of $2000 and typically goes for much more. Still cheaper than a paint change and you don't ruin the value of the car. Change your mind, just remove the wrap.

OP's car will be transformed to something very cool when he drops it and gets some spacers.

Last edited by producerjohn; 05-01-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Agree on the stance idea. Considering some wraps take into forged wheel territory regarding costs, it is a difficult decision.