6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-11/)
-   -   DGR suspension kit (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996/250062-dgr-suspension-kit.html)

tristou 07-20-2011 10:47 AM

DGR suspension kit

Hi all,

Long time follower, first post.

I am the happy owner of a 2001 cabrio 996, 105 000 km. No major issue for the 50 000 km driven (clutch replaced at 85 000 km). Car is mostly stock. I have bought recently the FVD sport mufflers, will be mounted next week.

I am planning on buying the DGR sport/track suspension kit since there is a good offer on ebay at the moment. However, I did not know this brand before I saw the add on ebay. Any thoughts on theses suspensions?

Many thanks for your input.

Tristan.

tristou 07-20-2011 11:01 AM

Here comes the description:

Porsche 996 / 911

Years: 99-UP

DGR*Full Suspension Kit

Introduction:

DGR high spec*full suspension kits are*suitable for road and track use, designed for a quality ride in the city and smooth one at any speed. There are*30 levels of*damping force adjustment to choose from*and full-length height adjustment allowing an extremely low ride*height.*Various spring rates are available and work perfectly with*DGR design dampers.*This is done*to provide the more technical*driver with*various set-up*options.
DGR invest time and money into research and developement to ensure the best quality, best performance*budget suspension kits on the market. They also sponsor race teams for real world product*race testing*and to*keep on top of the latest technologies.
PB Brakes supply these kits straight from the factory in Taiwan, cutting out the middle man and keeping the prices as low as possible for the end user.
Features of DGR Kits:

Inverted dampers with pillowball or top mount
Various spring rates available
30 levels of damping force adjustment
All kits include upper mounts
One year guarantee included

Available spring colours: Black / White

pszikla 07-20-2011 11:59 AM

Are you sure that it's a good idea to try something from Taiwan instead of tried and true X73/74, ROW-030, PSS9, PSS10 etc that so many owners actually have on their cars?
Pete

tristou 07-20-2011 12:35 PM

Pete,

I am not driving my car on a track and wanted to achieve mainly a lower ride. As I could get the DGR kit delivered for less than 700 euros, and although it is built in Taiwan, I thought that it would still bring me more satisfactory results than lowering springs.

Tristan.

pszikla 07-20-2011 12:44 PM

Hi Tristan!
didn't mean to put a damper on your idea, I guess it's just that a lot of us haven't heard of this brand or have any experience with it!
Good luck with it if you choose to buy it!
Are you in Montreal?
Pete

tristou 07-20-2011 01:10 PM

No, i live in switzerland :-)

I just bought the kit, couldnt risk much at this price...

I'll post before/after pics once the install is done.

Worst comes worst, if i am disapointed then I still can go for PSS.

Cheers,

Tristan.

pszikla 07-20-2011 01:11 PM

Tristan!
Good luck with it and look forward to your comments once you get it on your car!
cheers
Peter

tarzancoe 07-20-2011 09:50 PM

Yes, I am curious to see that.

stevemfr 04-25-2012 10:36 AM

Hi Tristan,
Ich bin sehr neugierig... :-p

I am very curious. What happened? How is the kit - fit, ride, any problems?

cheers,
Steve