996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

ECU Tuning Group | Porsche 996 3.6 ECU Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 01:40 AM
scubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to behold
Hey Split

I got my re-flashed last week, it's a night and day difference, more responsive, no lag, alot more torque, Derek is the local guy here in edmonton, came over on Thursday night, pulled the ECU, back in on Friday night, noticed a difference right away, it was tuned to my specs of the aftermarket accessories, and turned off the Cats which were throwing the CEL every coiuple of days.
Mileage didn't seem to changed, supposed to improve, but will find out after my next tank of gas, got about 460 kms, but that was mostly highway.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:51 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
Question

how much did it cost? Is it the same price for a 996tt? I was actually looking at upsolute which can be done at a facility in calgary for $800.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:04 PM
scubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to behold
Old 10-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Former Vendor
sales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nice
Originally Posted by split
how much did it cost? Is it the same price for a 996tt? I was actually looking at upsolute which can be done at a facility in calgary for $800.
Depending on software version we are looking at 90hp & 100-110lbs tq easily (low ball) for the Turbo and 80hp & 85lbs tq for the Turbo S. We also recommend upgrading the diverter valves.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Katmanz is on a distinguished road
so how do I find out the price if I want to do this local here in Toronto Canada? Do I go through you or email the dealer in Toronto?

Old 10-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Former Vendor
sales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nicesales@ECU Tuning Group is just really nice
Originally Posted by Katmanz
so how do I find out the price if I want to do this local here in Toronto Canada? Do I go through you or email the dealer in Toronto?
Pricing can be found on our website.

All questions, invoicing, and appointments are done at the head office in Los Angeles.

When are you looking to do an ECU upgrade?

Old 10-14-2011, 05:57 AM
UncleXSO has a spectacular aura aboutUncleXSO has a spectacular aura about
I have a '99 C2... could you PM a price?

Old 10-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Katmanz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sales@ECU Tuning Group
Pricing can be found on our website.

All questions, invoicing, and appointments are done at the head office in Los Angeles.

When are you looking to do an ECU upgrade?
Hopefully before I put her to sleep for the year. Do I go through you or contact the Toronto dealer directly? Also, is there a discount for the 6speed members?

Old 10-14-2011, 12:21 PM
UncleXSO has a spectacular aura aboutUncleXSO has a spectacular aura about
Ok...I looked at the site twice and do not see a price for the 99 C2. Do I assume it's the $645 price for 2000MY and newer Porsches?

Old 10-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Katmanz
Hopefully before I put her to sleep for the year. Do I go through you or contact the Toronto dealer directly? Also, is there a discount for the 6speed members?
Unfortunately, the discount ended this past Sunday. All appointments and invoicing are done at the headquarters in Los Angeles. I will be more than happy to connect you with the dealer in your area.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by UncleXSO
Ok...I looked at the site twice and do not see a price for the 99 C2. Do I assume it's the $645 price for 2000MY and newer Porsches?
Correct, that's the price!

Old 10-14-2011, 05:48 PM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
Can you PM me pricing on an 06 C2 tiptronic? Anyone else have this done? I have my 40K mile service coming up. Should I wait until after the car goes into the Porsche shop?

Old 10-21-2011, 05:32 PM
rad288 is on a distinguished road
Hey scubadawg

What's the contact info for Derek in Edmonton?

Guys from ECU: would this mod have a huge effect in horsepower on my car? It's an 2004 C4S with a VF Engineering supercharger.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by rad288
Guys from ECU: would this mod have a huge effect in horsepower on my car? It's an 2004 C4S with a VF Engineering supercharger.
Manufacturer who sold you the supercharger should have the software.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:06 PM
SoCal_02_911Cab is on a distinguished road
Had this flash done on my 2002 C2 Cab this past Monday and finally was able to take it for a spin today, Saturday. I definitely notice a difference in responsiveness and and it pulls much harder (certainly feels like more power - although I've never done a dyno on my car). It was definitely worth it. I have an aftermarket exhaust but I had already installed that 6 months ago, so the flash in and of itself made a difference. I live in Socal and JAGS came to my place from the LA area, took out the ECU, hooked it up to his computer, and reinstalled. All is good and it is supposed to get better as it adjusts over the first 100 miles. If you decide to do this and have a Cab, be sure to tell them you have a Cab, as they need extra tools to do the install. I did have to reschedule as I didn't make this clear on the front end. I'm a satisfied customer for sure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ECU Tuning Group | Porsche 996 3.6 ECU Upgrade