6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-11/)
-   -   stolen wheels/tires (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996/278152-stolen-wheels-tires.html)

tgsmith4845 06-09-2012 02:36 PM

stolen wheels/tires

1 Attachment(s)
hey all - someone stole my street tires from my apt garage last weekend and I thought I'd post here in case anyone sees them. 18" Turbo Twist Hollow Spoke, gloss black powder coat w/ Michelin PS2's off of a 996TT. Turbo crest center caps.

Please PM me if you see them.

Thx,
Tim

denversteve 06-13-2012 08:52 PM

Sorry to hear. That's never fun.

kchociej 06-14-2012 11:47 PM

Start checking your local Craigslist religiously & eBay.

If there's a big Flea market on the weekends in your area I would go and check it out.

THose are the best outlets for those thieves to sell your wheels.

Here in Chicago at the flea market on Ashland ave people come with cops to find their stolen stuff!

Anyways, always keep your stuff locked up!

stephan_porsche 06-15-2012 02:41 AM

Step 1) File Police Report
Step 2) File Insurance Claim
Step 3) Park somewhere safer!

Looking for them does you no good. You will never prove they were yours and there's nothing you can do to get them back.

kchociej 06-15-2012 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by stephan_porsche (Post 3568853)
Step 1) File Police Report
Step 2) File Insurance Claim
Step 3) Park somewhere safer!

Looking for them does you no good. You will never prove they were yours and there's nothing you can do to get them back.

Police reports are useless, unless you're just going to file one for insurance reasons. If something of mine was stolen and I found the S.O.B. who did it, there'd be hell to pay. But that's just me!

stephan_porsche 06-15-2012 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by kchociej (Post 3568855)
Police reports are useless, unless you're just going to file one for insurance reasons. If something of mine was stolen and I found the S.O.B. who did it, there'd be hell to pay. But that's just me!

Unless your going to kill them over it, it is a waste of time. File an insurance claim, get new wheels and either move to a richer area or park in the garage.

Kris79 06-16-2012 11:42 AM

someone broke into our shop to steal a set of gt3 wheels couple months back too, but the wheels never made it to cl or ebay... there isnt a huge market for stolen porsche wheels wonder where they are going.

but check cl often and if u see it call the cops and let them know and u guys can meet up the seller.

jayi836 06-16-2012 12:36 PM

What i would do moving forward is change your comprehensive deductible to ZERO. I have that on all my cars covers theft rock chips, glass and WHEELS!.:o cost a couple of bucks extra but not huge. This will not ding your rate for claims, Good luck out there I saw a couple from a 944 at a scrap metal place once dropping of some copper wire.

Franco67 06-17-2012 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by jayi836 (Post 3569898)
What i would do moving forward is change your comprehensive deductible to ZERO. I have that on all my cars covers theft rock chips, glass and WHEELS!.:o cost a couple of bucks extra but not huge. This will not ding your rate for claims, Good luck out there I saw a couple from a 944 at a scrap metal place once dropping of some copper wire.

Who is your insurance carrier? Out of curiosity....I have Mercury Insurance and don't think they mentioned rock chips on the glass with full coverage.

jayi836 06-17-2012 10:01 PM

My Last car was a Z and I had State farm to pay for pitted headlights, windshield and repaint the hood and bumper.All a result of a freak windstorm in Palmdale. The Comp/ Collision are 2 different items and most people don't know the deductible can be different values. I have 1000 deductible for collision and 0 for comprehensive.My 996 Cab just had a new windshield installed because they couldn't repair a large chip, just under a 1000.00. comprehensive claims are things beyond your control and not held against you when renewing the policy

Franco67 06-17-2012 10:06 PM

My deductible is 500 bucks, but I have an 03 G500 Wagen and a 88 325IS BMW also and I've been wanting to replace the windshield on my 02 996 but I hight doubted they will replace it when the new windshield runs about 700 bucks unless I have a higher deductible I think. Not sure to be honest with you.

jayi836 06-17-2012 10:48 PM

Give your Agent a call and ask about lowering the Comp. portion to 0 and raise the Coll.to 1000.00 (if you wreck most body shops will work with you on the out of pocket cost)and see what the difference is for me its 70.00 a year extra. That can add up fast when you have 4 cars fully insured. Every time I think of dropping the coverage on my 996 I remember what parts cost for this thing,like 2500.00 for headlights I Then quickly get over those thoughts.

Franco67 06-17-2012 11:03 PM

Thanks buddy for the info and advice. I'll look into it.

scantu 06-18-2012 12:14 PM

this is specifically for Stephan,

I read that you mentioned to move to a "richer" part of town? Are you an idiot? First off, Your number 3 was wrong if you read the initial post completely.

The wheels were taken from a garage. not on the car. Secondly, dont you know that thieves are more likely to steal from nicer parts of any town because that is where the good stuff is. don't ya think?

I live in a Very nice part of South Austin, tx where the homes average $350k. not the most expensive, but I do get to live where i see Porsches and Ferraris on a normal basis. There were 5 stolen cars within a 9 week time frame... ALL FROM THE GARAGE! I happened to walk in on a guy looking for keys and shot him in my closet. it was all over the Austin news in March... look it up if you feel the need.

Owning a Porsche shouldnt be about how much cash is in the bank. Its about the pleasure of owning a great car. You can own one if you make 30k a year..... you just need good financial planning.

kchociej 06-18-2012 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by scantu (Post 3571070)
this is specifically for Stephan,

I read that you mentioned to move to a "richer" part of town? Are you an idiot? First off, Your number 3 was wrong if you read the initial post completely.

The wheels were taken from a garage. not on the car. Secondly, dont you know that thieves are more likely to steal from nicer parts of any town because that is where the good stuff is. don't ya think?

I live in a Very nice part of South Austin, tx where the homes average $350k. not the most expensive, but I do get to live where i see Porsches and Ferraris on a normal basis. There were 5 stolen cars within a 9 week time frame... ALL FROM THE GARAGE! I happened to walk in on a guy looking for keys and shot him in my closet. it was all over the Austin news in March... look it up if you feel the need.

Owning a Porsche shouldnt be about how much cash is in the bank. Its about the pleasure of owning a great car. You can own one if you make 30k a year..... you just need good financial planning.

I didn't know many 911 guys excersized their 2nd amendment rights!

Nice!