6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-11/)
-   -   IMS Class action lawsuit (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996/313378-ims-class-action-lawsuit.html)

JSavinoJr 07-22-2013 02:47 PM

IMS Class action lawsuit

Saw this on Facebook posted by Flat Six Innovations.

http://www.imsporschesettlement.com

r38johnson 07-22-2013 02:59 PM

I just received notice of the settlement. I replaced the bearing before failure, oil leakage. I'm going to summit my claim see what happens, got nothing to lose.

Dennis C 07-22-2013 03:41 PM

I received my notification by mail. My car happens to be in the shop right now getting a new clutch and new IMSB. I did not experience a failure in ~125K miles.

I'm considering submitting a claim to reimburse me for part of the new ceramic IMSB. Even though mine didn't fail, I'm still shelling out cash to repair a poor design by Porsche.

ZABUCH 07-22-2013 04:52 PM

i just got my paper work too faxed it in with the repair bill ....let see what happens

911C4S 07-22-2013 11:46 PM

LawSuit

Even if one hasn't experienced the failure, you still have to submit the paper work filled out and returned by Oct 15, I believe. If you do not respond I believe you are removed from any future claims that might occur. The Lawsuit states if in the near future you experience the IMS issues, one can submit a claim for reimbursement. (I believe up to 10 Years) Sent mine in. Nothing loss nothing gained...

xxaarraa 07-23-2013 06:11 AM

This is going to seem like a silly question and probably is... but the settlement and 25% refund applies only to the actual person who paid for the repairs and not the current owner correct? i.e., my previous owner did the whole IMS retrofit and other things and I have receipts and all the paperwork, but car was not in my ownership at the time. This doesn't help me does it?

theclutch 07-23-2013 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by 911C4S (Post 3900236)
Even if one hasn't experienced the failure, you still have to submit the paper work filled out and returned by Oct 15, I believe. If you do not respond I believe you are removed from any future claims that might occur. The Lawsuit states if in the near future you experience the IMS issues, one can submit a claim for reimbursement. (I believe up to 10 Years) Sent mine in. Nothing loss nothing gained...

I'm not sure where you're reading this... Can you point it out? I have the paperwork in front of me and nowhere that I can read says the above in red.

swaff 07-23-2013 11:40 AM

With the 1999 and 2000 models also being known for the IMS issue, why might those not be included?

Swaff

Wausau 911 07-23-2013 12:25 PM

Sort of a similar question, I have an'04 C2 and my VIN # was left off the covered list. I have written to the atty's and to Porsche USA for the reason. For the record I have not experienced a failure and don't know if prior owner had it resolved. 54k on the car when purchased 3/13.

JSavinoJr 07-23-2013 04:40 PM

I commented the same thing about the 99-00's not being included on Flat 6 Innovations and this is what they said-Flat 6 Innovations: The engines that are covered in this suit are equipped with the single row IMSB units. These are the most prone to failure. We have nothing to do with this suit, so please refer questions to the site linked above.

buzzm 07-23-2013 05:13 PM

This thread should def be a sticky.

911C4S 07-24-2013 12:32 AM

Section 21. What Happens if I do nothing at all?

Originally Posted by theclutch (Post 3900448)
I'm not sure where you're reading this... Can you point it out? I have the paperwork in front of me and nowhere that I can read says the above in red.

"If you do not submit a Claim Form, you will not get reimbursed through this settlement for the money you paid out of pocket to repair IMS related damage to your class vehicle. If you do not exclude yourself from this settlement, you will not be able to sue PCNA for any claims related to this settlement in the future and you will be bound by the ruling made in this case.

I'm assuming a Claim Form is what I filled out and sent in. You can removed yourself from the lawsuit and hire your own lawyer to fight your case if desired. I hope this clears the air and not confuses the issues.

Franco67 07-24-2013 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by xxaarraa (Post 3900316)
This is going to seem like a silly question and probably is... but the settlement and 25% refund applies only to the actual person who paid for the repairs and not the current owner correct? i.e., my previous owner did the whole IMS retrofit and other things and I have receipts and all the paperwork, but car was not in my ownership at the time. This doesn't help me does it?

I am wondering the same thing, the previous owner replaced the whole engine and IMS with a new cluctch at 12k it has 55k when I bought it and also did all the upgrades X51 Oil pan and 3.6 L with all latest upgrades. But I don't have the receipts and I don't want to have to worry in the future. The car was not in my ownership either!

JB's 996 07-25-2013 02:56 PM

Has any '99/'00 owner contacted the Law Firm asking why these models are not considered even when prone to failure? I know we have a dual row bearing, but... :confused:

BED997 07-26-2013 07:08 PM

Even if you don't opt out, you could probably take Porsche to small claims court- I think the max settlement is $10k. I recall someone did this with Honda. Might pay for a portion of your troubles.