996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

996 3.6 VF Engineering Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 08:22 PM
m1c2 is on a distinguished road
hi derv88,
interested in the facebook page about supercharged 911, i have few questions as i have a supercharged as well. thanks.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:51 AM
derv88 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've created the FB group for us to discuss SC related topics for our 911s here:

Facebook Post

Let's get this off the ground!

Last edited by derv88; 10-22-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:36 PM
Guys, I've created the group but for some reason I cant post a link to the group here unfortunately. Any ideas?

Old 10-22-2017, 05:22 PM
tekkie is an unknown quantity at this point
looks like you cant post links that include http or https

www.facebook.com/chargedporsche/

Old 10-22-2017, 09:15 PM
Thanks tekkie.

That URL you posted is for a page that I decided against which is marked for deletion.

Instead, the Facebook GROUP is here www.facebook.com/groups/supercharged911s

Old 01-28-2018, 11:02 PM
PR911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by vividracing
We have had numerous customers run the VF kits on their 996s and have had some pretty awesome results. If anyone is interested in pricing or more info send me a PM, I can get deals for 6speed members on this kit.

-Austin
Hi

I'm drooling here, question I own a 2004 C4S and been asking myself if the engine with all known issues is capable of handling more power and still keep reliability, I mean should I strengthen any other area of the engine just for peace of mind? my car has 37k miles and has no leaks or signs of any issue.. I don't see anyone mention anything of this nature and really makes me wonder, while I understand the plug and play nature of the supercharger, I wonder what I can do to help the engine, btw feel free to quote me!

Tks!

Old 10-03-2021, 12:30 PM
JTEX996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 2grand
Awesome! Thanks for the info Trisgale! I certainly appreciate it. You definitely took great care of it, and it shows. Yeah, it looks really clean in person, sounds great, and moves along for sure. The lowered suspension and rims look killer too! Did you ever have any rubbing issues with wheel up-travel on bumps and such or rubbing up front turning lock-to-lock?

It's my first time driving a Porsche and feels different than the American cars I'm used to. The steering wheel doesn't tilt it appears, and it seemed as if my legs just barely cleared the underside of the wheel. But I only drove it for 15 minutes and didn't really get used to it or adjust the seat enough.

The IMS bearing issue I have been reading up on, it sounds like a potential problem for the model year. The Porsche Inspector I hired tells me it is a valid concern, but over-hyped. Thanks for the heads-up on the spark plugs. I'll ask about it and see what he recommends. I believe it has 52,000 miles on it now, so it may be due for new ones.

Question on the VF kit. I notice on VF Engineering's website, they have 2 part numbers for the kit. One is for 420HP and other is for 470HP. Which one did you get? ....I contacted VF with some questions about getting more boost out of the blower with pulley upgrades, and they said they don't recommend it, and apparently don't sell a smaller pulley when I asked about it. It's funny because VF say they "over engineered" their blower to handle 20 psi, but they limit the kit's output to 6 psi. I guess they would know, since they designed it. ...but I notice I read somewhere on here that there is a 3.8" pulley and 3.6" pulley for the kit. I am trying to understand what these 996's can take powerwise before reaching it's stock internal limits. VF says it's already at it's limit with this kit. Any idea on HP limits? ...I guess I'll use the search function before I ask that, haha. My goal is to keep up with the Turbo 996's, because that's what I really wanted to buy...but then this exquisite 03 Red 4S came across my screen and I had to check it out! Glad I did!

Anyway, here's a picture of the Red beauty I took at the dealer yesterday. And that's my Jeep SRT in the background.
I am pretty sure I am the new owner of this car. It has a very unique look and the same supercharger. Great to know the history of this gem.