996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

New Porsche dealer taken over PCA, corrupted local PCA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 09:34 PM
Banned
porschequestions is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation New Porsche dealer taken over PCA, corrupted local PCA

I'm a long time Porsche owner and something has come to my attention in the Porsche community that concerns me greatly.

Recently, a new Porsche dealer has moved into our small town of 5-6 million people and bought out all the other Porsche dealers and closed them, leaving us with only 1 Porsche dealership within 100 miles.

Several PCA members have had poor experiences with them already, myself included when I purchased a pre-owned Porsche. I don't want to get into specifics because it would reveal who I am to any local PCA members reading, but sufficient to say I'll be taking my porsche to the other dealership 100 miles away for service.

When we expressed our grievances on the local PCA facebook page we were essentially told to shut up by the local PCA President, that we can not disparage a PCA sponsor. Now when Porsche owners post that they need service to the PCA facebook page, we recommend other non-Porsche shops and send them private messages telling them to avoid the only Porsche dealer in town.

The PCA President seems happily oblivious, cheerfully posting about how wonderful the new Porsche dealership is and schedules PCA meetings there several times a year.

I'm disappointed that the PCA has turned it's back on their paying members and instead bowed down to this new dealership that many PCA members are having serious problems with.

Is there anything that can be done? Besides giving up on Porsche?

p.s. I posted this on rennlist yesterday and admin deleted it within 4 hours, guess they're hiding corruption too which is unfortunate.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Go past the dealer to PMNA...either email or call them and express your concerns...that might fix the problem with the dealer...your problem with your local PCA chapter is another matter...as long as leadership is oblivious organise a meeting of the members to discuss a change. I know you created this second account to achieve anonymity, unfortunately having multiple accounts is a permanent ban offense so I can't let you remain...since you likely aren't aware of the rule I'm going to let you keep your original account...this could be why your post was removed on RL.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 11-10-2017 at 11:12 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.