996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

steel wide body, lots of pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 06:39 AM
ttt123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TTbob
front end needs more low!! Amazing work OP, extremely impressive. Love the back end. Whats the next project for you?
ya when I took it to the local alignment shop I was going to have them lower it but the guy doing it was 18 yrs old and telling me how excited he was because it was the first exotic car he had aligned so I didn't ask him to do anything other that make it drive straight.

This winter I plan on having the rims powder coated black and I might be swapping in one of the motors I have. when before it hits the roads for next summer I will take it to a reputable alignment shop and have them lower it down.

315/35/19 tires in the rear... I love the rear view on this Porsche. It looks so aggressive and the tire stances just looks amazing. everyone brags about there cars but I have had so many cool cars over the years and it truly amazes me how much rubber neck, cameras and conversations I have over this Porsche. I have even had someone chase me down with there 1 of 8 in the world 195x Porsche chase me down to talk about the car lolol its such a blast to drive and the sound of that exhaust I made... just wow.

Thanks
Brian

Old 08-20-2018, 07:35 PM
rsr008 is an unknown quantity at this point
beautiful.. my car has the same rear wing as you (from factory). is that WB kit from ebay/Duraflex? a beautiful widebody body kit! i think there are two models on the market (exclud. the slant nose one). not sure which one to get.

thanks for posting the pic of your beautiful cars

Old 08-21-2018, 12:56 AM
Sorry one more question - I guess your wheels are 11/13? Can you let me know the offset? The problem I have is that my country don’t allow spacers. So I need to get order custom wheels.

Old 08-21-2018, 05:01 AM
Originally Posted by rsr008
beautiful.. my car has the same rear wing as you (from factory). is that WB kit from ebay/Duraflex? a beautiful widebody body kit! i think there are two models on the market (exclud. the slant nose one). not sure which one to get.

thanks for posting the pic of your beautiful cars
this was not a kit unless your just talking about the front bumper? I bought the front and rear bumpers but I had to cut the rear bumper up to remake the wheel arches to match the wide body I made. the side skirts and roof scoop I made as well.

If your going to by a kit vs making your own... prepare yourself for some patience. they do not fit well and it will need some creative tweaking to make them look good. That's not a negative thing, just putting it out there that your going to need to take your time to make it look good.

Making you own like I did gives you the opportunity to make it fit and look the way YOU want it to.

Sorry one more question - I guess your wheels are 11/13? Can you let me know the offset? The problem I have is that my country don’t allow spacers. So I need to get order custom wheels.
wheel... 265/35/19 in the front and 315/35/19 in the rear. as far as offsets... I think it was the same off set as the turbo model 996. I would have to check though, my wheels were custom wheels from "ccw"

Thanks
Brian

Old 08-21-2018, 05:16 AM
Thanks so much for spending the time in replying. You are a great guy.

If you could let me know the wheel offset, I’d be appreciated. I was talking to the tire guy and asked him that I won’t place my order until you replied

Old 08-21-2018, 05:29 AM
Thanks so much for spending the time in replying. You are a great guy.

If you could let me know the wheel offset, I’d be appreciated. I was talking to the tire guy and asked him that I won’t place my order until you replied
front rims were stock offset and the rears where 38mm offset. keep in mind I widened my wheel well by 1 1/4 inches on each side. so that offset was there to fit that new wheel well.

Old 08-21-2018, 05:53 AM
Thank you! Did you need a spacer at the back? Or have changed the brake? There is a 5mm Difference!

Old 08-21-2018, 05:57 AM
Thank you! Did you need a spacer at the back? Or have changed the brake? There is a 5mm Difference!
no spacer or brake modification. I would strongly recommend doing your own measurements though and making sure you know what you buying. I'm NOT a Porsche guru and I'm pretty sure there are some variations between the models. I'm a backyard figure it out kind of guy and I did stuff that worked with my build.

brian

Old 08-21-2018, 06:14 AM
Thanks Brian. Much appreciated it.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:21 PM
Firstorbit84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Great build! Thanks for sharing!

Old 08-22-2018, 05:11 AM
Thanks Brian. Much appreciated it.
yup

Originally Posted by Firstorbit84
Great build! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks

Old 01-08-2019, 09:21 AM
Have any of you seen this? I was doing a search here at work to browse other 996 custom cars and this article popped... to cool lol

https://www.6speedonline.com/article...actually-okay/

So I have finished this car and am now on phase two lol nothing to crazy but adding some more performance mods and a few more small cosmetic mods. to be honest I documented this build in more detail on another site because it received a lot more traffic but non the less I don't want to leave this one unfinished.

as of right now I'm adding a light weight flywheel, poly trans mounts, lightweight crank pulley, IPD plenum and going to try my hand at my own cold air intake pulling air from the right hand side of the car.

For cosmetics I'm redoing those rims in black with green candy accents, installing some green horns in the front grill area, making a new speaker box with a green/black theme and few other small things.

I've had a blast with this car and don't doubt an engine swap or rebuild is in the future plans.

thanks for reading guys... and girls

Old 04-22-2019, 09:54 PM
gpr1500r is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you have a link or item name on the flairs ? I’ve been looking for something like this. Build is looking great ! Customizing and making a car our own makes it more personal.

Old 04-23-2019, 04:50 AM
Originally Posted by gpr1500r
Do you have a link or item name on the flairs ? I’ve been looking for something like this. Build is looking great ! Customizing and making a car our own makes it more personal.

GPR, thanks for the comments. I found a set of steel flares from ebay used if I remember right. they were the same ones you can find on this widesite. https://clinchedflares.com/

They make quite a few different options and the quality seemed to be pretty good to me.

I didn't give this thread as much love as the one over on the other Porsche site. The build didn't seem to garner much attention on this site so I slacked off of being thorough with it. If you want to see better pics you can see a lot more on this thread. https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...wide-body.html

The car is all done and I just got it on the road this last week.. amazing how much attention this car gets and how it drives now that I've done all the mods to it.... wow.. just wow.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:19 AM
went to the track with it this past Saturday... amazing!!! new respect for porsches and love for mine lol

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgh...able_polymer=1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: steel wide body, lots of pics