6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-11/)
-   -   please help me im in los angeles ,ca (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996/72688-please-help-me-im-los-angeles-ca.html)

hyper2 02-09-2007 02:45 AM

please help me im in los angeles ,ca

hey u guys i finally got some pics taken

and i have a few questions

im trying to get some hp up with some minor bolt ons

and lower the car a little

this guy in gardena is offering me a

300 for h & r springs
3300 for fab speed exaust, headers, intake, and bypass pipe

would this be a good price ???

is there a shop where i can get better pricing on these???

could you guys help me

im dying to get out of stock mode

since i couldnt afford the gt3

well ill probably do the same with the gt3 but n e way could you guys please help me

IhuangerI 02-09-2007 03:03 AM

ask arling, 20c4s on this board, he's the man.

lucent motors.

evo_333 02-09-2007 08:46 AM

agreed... contact Arling at Lucent Motors... He'll sort you out.

Onetime 02-09-2007 09:46 AM

Check with the board sponsers to the right. I've dealt with Wheel Experts, Wheel Enhancement, Speed Gallery, GMG, Wheel Boutique and Lucent. You won't go wrong with any of them. Vivid is in Arizona but they offer very good pricing on the parts they ship.

zdr2k 02-09-2007 09:55 AM

yep, all those are good sources. Only thing I wouldn't do are the bypass pipes.......very loud. Chips might not like that.

good luck.

jaded996 02-09-2007 10:25 AM

I would also not reccomend the cat bypass pipes. I had them on my car for just a few days and couldn't stand them. They were very loud and annoying. It just didnt sound "porshe like".

The videos I have heard of the muffler bypass pipes sounded pretty good though. I am slightly regretting not keeping those and putting them on instead of the cat bypass.

I now have the agency power exhaust and factory cats.

Redridge 02-09-2007 10:26 AM

I wouldnt get just springs... Bilstein Pss9 with some upgraded sways and a short shift kit are a nice "feel" upgrade rather than hp upgrades

jaded996 02-09-2007 10:31 AM

Also you left out what is probably my, and a lot of others, favorite mod. The B&M short shift kit. Its really inexpensive and improves the "feel" of driving the car so much. Shifts are really short and crisp. It is a must do IMHO.

IhuangerI 02-09-2007 03:06 PM

agreed with jaded & redridge

Pss9's are the way to go...

also - must do is clear corners! lol

newport996 02-09-2007 03:17 PM

I would suggest the PSS9's...the other stuff in my opinion is not needed...you may get a 20-25 hp boost, but thats not a big increase on a 300hp car....the PSS9's...you can do exhaust for the sound, but dont expect any hp increase....shift kit....then you will have a better feeling car....

miniporsche 02-09-2007 05:32 PM

Do you track your car often?
If not go with the H & R springs with a set of bilstein sports shocks.
Have your computer chipped with reputable vendor, BMC air filter and any after market mufflers and you're all set for 20 hp gain.
Don't forget the B & M SSK..it 's awesome!
You're more than welcome to check the sound of my PSE if you're in the southbay. Just pm me.

newport996 02-09-2007 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by miniporsche
Do you track your car often?
If not go with the H & R springs with a set of bilstein sports shocks.
Have your computer chipped with reputable vendor, BMC air filter and any after market mufflers and you're all set for 20 hp gain.
Don't forget the B & M SSK..it 's awesome!
You're more than welcome to check the sound of my PSE if you're in the southbay. Just pm me.

PSS9s are better in the street and track than H&R's and Bilstein Sports....You will get smoother ride, better handling, and the ability to adjust your drop to YOUR liking and adjust your ride quality to YOUR liking....I did springs and shocks on my Boxster and HATED IT....I LOVE my PSS9's...rides better than stock lowered on my 19's....

Onetime 02-09-2007 08:33 PM

I have the H&R springs and sport shocks on my 02 and love the way it rides. Miniporsche likes them too. Newport prefers the PSS9s. AsianImage has the M030 and likes his ride. There are some who swear by the X74 kit. There are a number of ways to go, you have to decide what works for you.

AsianImage 02-10-2007 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Onetime
I have the H&R springs and sport shocks on my 02 and love the way it rides. Miniporsche likes them too. Newport prefers the PSS9s. AsianImage has the M030 and likes his ride. There are some who swear by the X74 kit. There are a number of ways to go, you have to decide what works for you.

rep point for this profound statement....could'nt have said it or expressed it any better.

02barebones996 02-10-2007 12:54 AM

throw that h&r to the trash get coilovers pss9's u wont regret it..
msg 20c4s lucent motors...he will hook u up..

bumble996 had techart springs and he junked it for pss9's and he didnt regret it whatsover....