996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

When was the last time...

Old 03-16-2007, 07:33 PM
stsanford is on a distinguished road
When was the last time... [RPM Racing]

you went to the Doctor or Dentist, had some minor work done and received a personal phone call to follow-up on your condition?

The reason I ask is that I just took my car to RPM Racing North in Hicksville, Long Island, NY and had Adam do some maintenance and repairs on my trusty 2000 C4 Cab.

Car fixed, I pay (got lost more done than the std. 30K svc at the dealer, and it was actually less!) and spend the next hour or so shooting the s&!t with Adam and the guys there. What a bunch of real car guys they are. Very cool, and I think I'm going to have to do a complete EVO kit on the car soon. That is if they don't locate a nice 996TT or 997S for me... Aah, choices!

Anyway, the point of this is: I get home, walk in the door and get a phonecall from Adam on my cell. Imagine the horor: I'm thinking "Scott, whatever you do don't turn left!!!!" but alas, it was just a courtesy call to be sure I was happy with the service provided and if everything was taken care of.

Now that's business the way it should be run. If you're in the area (heck, even if you have to drive a good ways) check these guys out. They're the real deal, and I've been around long enough to know the difference.

[Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with RPM Motorsports, I'm just a satisfied customer.]

Last edited by stsanford; 03-16-2007 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Screwed up their name!
Old 03-16-2007, 07:56 PM
SuperVixen is on a distinguished road
When I had Porsches I went to 3 different dealers in the Bay Area and they all followed up with me after any visit. I did have a horrible time at Rector in Burlingame, including them crashing one of my cars. It's been a few years so hopefully they have gotten their act together. It's definitely nice when dealers follow up with you, especially the service department.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:28 PM
eshaun will become famous soon enougheshaun will become famous soon enough
cept that friggin automated recording every few weeks over the last 4 months which I keep getting after you sell your car to a private party and politely asked them to remove your name.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
I get a free hug from my service advisor,

Old 03-16-2007, 09:06 PM
RODNEY996 is on a distinguished road
i get a followup and a 3 months later a reminder for the next appointment... i feel left out.. i didnt get a hug... boohoo

Old 03-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Adam over at RPMRacing is a really nice guy, I'm sure the ladies find him handsome, but a hug.... Not so down with that. No offense to Adam :-)

Old 03-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Brian Haske will become famous soon enoughBrian Haske will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Itzkirb
I get a free hug from my service advisor,

he MUST be talking about the Lambo dealership...

Old 03-17-2007, 02:54 PM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
I get follow up calls from the Porsche, Mercedes, Lexus dealership. Not a big deal IMO and more of a nuissance than anything else. Just frigging leave me alone!

Old 03-23-2007, 12:39 AM
I guess I was so enthused at not being given a jar of Vaseline right before the bill, and then to get the follow-up, I just had to post.

If you're on the island, it's worth the trip. Good, cool car guys, pretty neat cars there, all-round good time.

L8r,

Old 03-23-2007, 04:03 AM
viper501 is on a distinguished road
Follow-up calls done by the tech, on his own volition, are cool. Follow-up calls done by some anonymous putz who has no idea who you are, those are annoying. With both my Benzes and my Volvo I get the latter. I've told them a dozen times that if I am not happy, I'll let 'em know, otherwise they can assume everything was fine. Unfortunately, Mercedes and the like often require these surveys to be done as part of their 'customer service' drive.