6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-11/)
-   -   I did the Plenum!!! 28HP, 26Ft-lbs - Gains (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996/81228-i-did-plenum-28hp-26ft-lbs-gains.html)

deputydog95 04-28-2007 07:53 PM

i did this mod about a month or so ago. i got similar results. here's the link to my thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ght=rss+plenum

This is a really good product that delivers on it's promises.

ericdee 04-28-2007 08:06 PM

Some had asked what rpm the max hp came in at, it was 5500rpm. I'm going to see if I can get a chart with rpm rather than speed. Stay tune. Oh the pull was in 4th gear.

Arnee 04-28-2007 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by deputydog95
i did this mod about a month or so ago. i got similar results. here's the link to my thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ght=rss+plenum

This is a really good product that delivers on it's promises.

Yet others still slam it for whatever reason. :(

Redridge 04-28-2007 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Arnee
Yet others still slam it for whatever reason. :(

its mostly from the guys that spent $17k (x51 kit) to get similar results. Id be PO'ed too...but then again wouldnt spend that much $$ for 25HP stinking HP.

Arnee 04-28-2007 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Redridge
its mostly from the guys that spent $17k (x51 kit) to get similar results. Id be PO'ed too...but then again wouldnt spend that much $$ for 25HP stinking HP.

But it's 25 PORSCHE hp, there's a difference, no? hilarious

CosmosC4S 04-28-2007 10:12 PM

25 German Horses = 50 American Limping Horses

This is True...

Mitchell Sack 04-28-2007 10:14 PM

picking mine up tomorrow. can't wait!

mountainC4 04-29-2007 07:28 AM

What was the cost of install?

how difficult?

Dev911 04-30-2007 06:42 AM

How about a 6Speeder group buy?

It would go very nicely with my current mods.

ericdee 04-30-2007 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by wyo996
Has anyone messed with the throttle body? That seems to be an item of improved performance with many tuners. Deputy Dog posted some dyno runs with this plenum and his Evo SC, but I don't think it did quite 28hp. Will

That's next, I'll have pics and a dyno chart on that soon

deputydog95 04-30-2007 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by ericdee
Some had asked what rpm the max hp came in at, it was 5500rpm. I'm going to see if I can get a chart with rpm rather than speed. Stay tune. Oh the pull was in 4th gear.

you can see it on my chart that i linked if you can't get yours up.

With regards to the throttle body, i would probably shy away from that mod. i've talked to a couple tuners who would have been happy to sell it to me, but said that it was not worth the money. i wouldn't mess with the TB until I see some serious independent testing as the TB's are quite pricey.

deputydog95 04-30-2007 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dev911
How about a 6Speeder group buy?

It would go very nicely with my current mods.

I had spoken to Greg about this. He said he would do it if there was enough interest. I posted about it in a couple threads and it didn't really get much attention. I wouldn't expect a 30% discount or anything crazy like that though. If you guys can get enough people together I would be happy to set it up for you. Just find 10 people that were probably going to buy it either way and I'll try and get the best price for you. Bang for the buck it's probably one of the better mods out there.

I am almost tempted to go back and run my car again. We never even took my car off the dyno to do the install. Pretty much base run, install on the dyno, and the after run. We ran it up a couple times before the final runs, but I don't think that was nearly enough time for the ECU to adjust.

ericdee 04-30-2007 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by deputydog95
you can see it on my chart that i linked if you can't get yours up.

With regards to the throttle body, i would probably shy away from that mod. i've talked to a couple tuners who would have been happy to sell it to me, but said that it was not worth the money. i wouldn't mess with the TB until I see some serious independent testing as the TB's are quite pricey.

Hey thanks for the feed back. How much for the TB? I've been hearing $300-350.

Wheel Dynamics 04-30-2007 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by ericdee
Hey thanks for the feed back. How much for the TB? I've been hearing $300-350.

Is this a larger size TB with larger butter-fly? Won't do any good to bore with out the butterfly.... I'm now going to do some reasarch into thing so I can see if it can be done, then it can be match-ported to produce more flow...

-Eli

CLS 05-01-2007 12:44 PM

Hey I am in on a group buy I need every horsepower I can get with my C4 that is bolt on, with CARB (CA Air Resources Board),makes SC not practical.