997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Stock 997TT 1/4 mile times......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 12:48 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Originally Posted by jnixon
I would imagine that the automatic is faster but the 121mph speed seems a bit high for a stock 997 Turbo. My 690 race manual 997 turbo ran 125mph and I believe it could run close to 130mph but not much better than that. Maybe the track I am running in San Antonio Texas is slower but I would like some other people to post there times.
may be its your lanching technique ??? From which RPMs do you launch you car ???

Old 05-05-2008, 06:20 AM
Banned
Maciej@RPM is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mishref
We had some drag runs in Bahrain during GulfRun, The tip 997tt took home the drag trophy with a 11.80. I will find the time slips and post em.

There were also some 'other' cars there:

Ok.. that pic is beautiful.. did you use a lighting setup?

Old 05-05-2008, 06:25 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
BTW, the car that I originally posted this thread about went back to the track and ran an 11.4 @121 stock on street tires (owners second time at the track). The temps were a little cooler the 2nd time but Tips are easy to get down the track. (the dude is a horrible driver on a road course)

Old 05-05-2008, 06:45 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
BTW, the car that I originally posted this thread about went back to the track and ran an 11.4 @121 stock on street tires (owners second time at the track). The temps were a little cooler the 2nd time but Tips are easy to get down the track. (the dude is a horrible driver on a road course)
Sounds good...I wonder what would EVT 700 run at the track with Tips...did anyone run it yet ???

Old 05-05-2008, 07:12 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Sounds good...I wonder what would EVT 700 run at the track with Tips...did anyone run it yet ???
I don't think anybody has run one yet.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:18 AM
wallmon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GT RUS
WTF... ...Control your month please !!!...I am asking cause I want here diff peoples opinions not your insults and stupid comments...Dont tell ME what to do and I wont tell you where to go...
OK ... I'll continue to allow you to make my case for me!

Last edited by wallmon; 05-05-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jnixon will become famous soon enough
Gt-rus

I had decent launches but only could get my car to 125mph and without the wind and some better shifting I believe the car could achieve right at 130mph. I find it hard to think a stock TT is going to get to 121mph.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
GT Rus,

You bring to mind an old saying: "It is better to not say anything and let people wonder if you are an idiot rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt."

In any event, I am glad to see that you have moved on from the 996 forums to the 997.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:33 PM
I find it hard to think a stock TT is going to get to 121mph.
Think harder, it happened.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:50 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Several people including mags have gotten 120+ mph from the TT even without the mags that use adjustments. Makes good sense.

This is good to hear, I'd like to see this car at a lower elevation.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:13 PM
After doing many runs with my 997 TT with the 690 race fuel I only achieved about 125mph in the 1/4. The wind was blowing and that certainly effected it so I believe the car co do close to 130mph but that is it and I am running that kind of power versus stock. The tiptrontic is certainly easier to launch because you do not have to switch gears. I believe the track is very accurate in terms of timing but we might be comparing different ways to time the 1/4 which could account for some of the variations.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
After doing many runs with my 997 TT with the 690 race fuel I only achieved about 125mph in the 1/4. The wind was blowing and that certainly effected it so I believe the car co do close to 130mph but that is it and I am running that kind of power versus stock. The tiptrontic is certainly easier to launch because you do not have to switch gears. I believe the track is very accurate in terms of timing but we might be comparing different ways to time the 1/4 which could account for some of the variations.
There's only way to properly time a 1/4 mile. On a dragstrip.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:23 PM
That is where I was doing my runs but I am not sure about other people on this board who post their times and whether it was on a 1/4 mile track with the proper timing equipment.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
What's going on Friday?
Mario, look at the date of that post

Old 05-06-2008, 01:54 AM
Listen man...I will tell this once and for all and I wont respond to your posts anymore...I wanted to stay away from responding you and probably it would be better decision but I will do it last time without any insult from my side...unlike you and try to explain this to you...Pardon Me for my English..it not my native language...

Like I said before "You dont know ME" and you dont need to know ME and I dont want to know you but I stay away from comments like tha....You just cant say something not nice to someone from your asumptions...even if this is internet or whatever...

People who kow ME form M5board or MBworld...will tell you about ME...and time wll show !!!

I know why you like that but I wont get into this BS...deal with it... its passed...

Now you see this topic and you have to make this smart comments...Well I am glad that you in 996 forum as well, please stay there an enjoy yourself !!! Why I moved to 997 forum, cause I've decided to get 997 TT...Simple as that...and I am going to make it really fast but I 1st I want to gather as much information as I can and learn things, consider many otption and then make my final decision...and choose the best route for ME...

If I ask many questions or ask same questions in diff topics...Well I am sorry but I WANT to KNOW things, I want to LEARN and gather info..I wanna hear diff peoples options and thoughts...OK and this is how I do it !!!...If you dont like that and cant say anything smart then dont reply...If you dont want to answer or have nothing to say then just pass...I am not asking for your help...There many other people on this board who can say something usefull...rather then making some stupid comments...whihc are not even relative to this topic...

All The BEST...

Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
GT Rus,

You bring to mind an old saying: "It is better to not say anything and let people wonder if you are an idiot rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt."

In any event, I am glad to see that you have moved on from the 996 forums to the 997.

Last edited by GT RUS; 05-06-2008 at 02:12 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stock 997TT 1/4 mile times......