997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

De-badging the Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 11:42 AM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
De-badging the Turbo?

Have any of you gents de-badged the rear deck lids "TURBO" script badge? I saw this pic in another thread and it has me thinking that it looks REAL clean. If you guys have any pics with this done please post em up.

Attached Images  
Old 12-30-2009, 12:13 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Use waxed dental floss to remove badge, then 3m adhesive remover or similar.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:21 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Use waxed dental floss to remove badge, then 3m adhesive remover or similar.
I don't think he was asking how to do it more so than would it look good. I personally like the badge (just not in chrome). But def very stealthy. Even more so on a Sledgehammer.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:35 PM
ed997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to behold
I like the badge as well, I replaced mine with a black version rather than the chrome

Old 12-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Schwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura about
Debadging is for pansies ...

Attached Images    
Old 12-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
You pay 130K plus for that badge...why would you want to deface errr.. remove it?

Old 12-30-2009, 04:42 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
I believe in everything being debadged but don't know if I can justify (if ever) removing the "turbo" script. Still debating..... but will probably end up leaving it.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:55 PM
sam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to behold
When a car reaches this caliber, i would never de-badge it. Wear it with pride! lol

Old 12-30-2009, 04:55 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
That ain't no ordinary Cayman S Dominic...

Originally Posted by Schwabe
Debadging is for pansies ...

Old 12-30-2009, 05:23 PM
shawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really niceshawminator is just really nice
I agree, it's a badge of honor, it should be left intact!

Old 12-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Black997Turbo is a jewel in the roughBlack997Turbo is a jewel in the roughBlack997Turbo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Serpentene
You pay 130K plus for that badge...why would you want to deface errr.. remove it?
You payed 130k for a turbo badge. I'll sell you a turbo badge for 5k pm me

Old 12-30-2009, 05:57 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
I got a GT3RS rear decklid so as not to confuse people I put on a black turbo badge.

I honestly think it looks good either way.

What you can do is take a picture of your car and post it here, Im sure anyone with even a little photoshop skills can PS a picture for you with the badge removed. Then you can decide if you like the look of it for your car.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:54 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by raiyu
I got a GT3RS rear decklid so as not to confuse people I put on a black turbo badge.

I honestly think it looks good either way.

What you can do is take a picture of your car and post it here, Im sure anyone with even a little photoshop skills can PS a picture for you with the badge removed. Then you can decide if you like the look of it for your car.
I actually just installed a satin black "turbo" badge on my basalt black, but came across that pic of the GT2 with out the badge and liked the way it looked so I just wanted to get some opinions, thats all. With the black badge its subtle. Its clear, I am going to leave it. Thanks for posting.

Attached Images  

Last edited by evoviiiyou; 12-30-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:02 PM
rbuisa is on a distinguished road
I do like the clean look....But I too would leave it. I do however like the 'wolf in sheeps clothing' idea without the badge....for folks that don't know the turbo body.

I'm going to switch out my current 4S badge for a flat black.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:05 PM
dmundy has a spectacular aura aboutdmundy has a spectacular aura aboutdmundy has a spectacular aura about
I'm in the de-badge everything camp. I took everything I could off the minivan for crying out loud.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: De-badging the Turbo?