997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Warranty Expiring - any tips on what to change under warranty before it expires?

Old 08-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Bahrain Turbo is on a distinguished road
Warranty Expiring - any tips on what to change under warranty before it expires?

Hi everyone..
The warranty on my 2008 911 Turbo expires in two months time and I am taking my car to the workshop for some minor work this week.. I was thinking that I should take advantage and push for replacing some mechanical, electrical, etc parts on the car which might come on and hunt me in the near future..

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should push my dealer to replace under warranty before it expires? Some people advised me about replacing the shock mounts.. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot..

Old 08-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
I don't know how the service managers are in Bahrain, but I would have to say that unless you are having issues with anything that is warranty covered you'll be paying from your own pocket to get anything new installed. Good luck!

Old 08-13-2009, 02:16 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Why is the warranty running out so soon? Don't you have 3 years?

Old 08-13-2009, 02:33 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I think it's only 1-2 yrs RoW. Anyway, have them check the LSD, notorious for wearing out the clutches. Outside of that have them do a once over and you're good to go . The gt1/g50 engine/tranny combo is unbreakable.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:29 AM
The warranty the agent gives us here is for two years only. I think there is some package that you can pay for which extends it further, not sure for how long or how much.

TT Surgeon:
I'm assuming LSD is Limited slip differential? What are possible 'symptoms' that I can tell them about which will make them check the LSD?

Also, what do you mean ' have them do a once over '?
Appreciate your help..

Old 08-14-2009, 12:13 PM
The warranty the agent gives us here is for two years only. I think there is some package that you can pay for which extends it further, not sure for how long or how much.

TT Surgeon:
I'm assuming LSD is Limited slip differential? What are possible 'symptoms' that I can tell them about which will make them check the LSD?

Also, what do you mean ' have them do a once over '?
Appreciate your help..<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Old 08-14-2009, 12:16 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
The only warranty issues I've had on my car thus far are:
slave clutch cylinder (known issue)
3 bad spark plugs (after about 7-8k miles)
Just about to go over 42,000 miles on mine and otherwise its been bullet proof *knock on wood*.

I would have them check those two items since they are the most common problems, other than that I think you are fine.