6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   Out with the OLD in with EVT 700 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/183457-out-old-evt-700-a.html)

KA 997TT 09-03-2009 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by N2it (Post 2527342)
Do it! I should of did that with my old ride. Alex took a ride in that monster once... It would have been perfect.

Great choice on the newest mods!

Thank you!
I bet they are tasteful! hilarious

TT Surgeon 09-03-2009 05:30 PM

I applaud you for telling your story. All members should be encouraged to tell of both the good and bad experiences so others can learn, that's what these boards are all about. Hey, this ain't obama-on line!

KA 997TT 09-03-2009 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon (Post 2527398)
I applaud you for telling your story. All members should be encouraged to tell of both the good and bad experiences so others can learn, that's what these boards are all about. Hey, this ain't obama-on line!

hilarioushilarious that's messed up!!

Thank you for the kind words Sir.

KA 997TT 09-03-2009 07:39 PM

Off topic question.

I must ask now that i am trying to learn the politics side of the site even though to me it is a wonderful place to learn and jab about whatever... what are the rep points for?

KA 997TT 09-04-2009 05:25 PM

New toys going on... Old stuff coming off...

4 Attachment(s)
So I got up early, Santa (Summer Santa, the one with the brown outfit) left me a huge box at the door...
Here is what I got:

KA 997TT 09-04-2009 05:28 PM

And...

1 Attachment(s)
We can't ignore the hoes feelings now can we? :D

KA 997TT 09-04-2009 05:34 PM

Installation is still going...

5 Attachment(s)
We ran into some small issues due to missing bolts and screws from the old installation job. I also wanted to keep the heavy duty clamps (T-Bolt) so i needed a size that no one had in town, i ordered some for Saturday, I should be able to pick them up, thanks to Protech, a local vendor in Austin that deals with imports and a family member... :D
We got some stuff nocked out, we have to get creative with fitting the new IC's from EVOMS as the plastic on the ducts were completely cut off so I may have to order new ones or find a way to attach what I got.

Here are some pictures of the progress.

N2it 09-04-2009 05:36 PM

Those goods she be bolted by now. What are you waiting for?

KA 997TT 09-04-2009 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by N2it (Post 2528637)
Those goods she be bolted by now. What are you waiting for?

Clamps, EVO sent me some that are good but I want the heavy duty ones so I feel better hilarious I have some good clamps that will fit everything but the IC's side because these are larger in diameter so i needed slightly bigger ones for them but this is not part of the hold up. We had to order a bunch of little bolts and stuff just to make sure we put everything back together properly.
A way to attach the new IC's to the ducts, the mechanic is going to fabricate something. I should be good to go by end of Day Tuesday though. I can't wait!!

KA 997TT 09-05-2009 03:09 PM

Clamps came in this morning. I took them over to the dealership, shop closed but I went in and tested fitted everything, got everything set up for the mechanic for Tuesday morning so he does not have any excuses to get it done!! :D Now I am hoping I do not have to buy me new ducts.

KA 997TT 09-09-2009 11:40 AM

Finally caught a break! New IC installed, sorry I have no pictures with them on, I am out of town and I did not want to hold my car up in the shop any longer. I should get it tomorrow when I return and will post a review of the new beast! :D

KA 997TT 09-10-2009 04:08 PM

OK Folks!

Everything bolted on, checked and ready to go.
My first impression since today was the first time I really got in the car and drive it in weeks... WOW!!

The install had a lot of complications and issues due reasons I am not going to mention on here otherwise we won't hear the end of this one...

We started the car, plugged in PWIS and no code, no faults, nothing stored in the memory either.
Took the car around the block, hit it a couple of times. Went on the access road, 1st gear easy, second punch then third... less than a 1/4 mile 102 MPH hilarious
it was very quick but closer to stock feel with a lot more GO from bottom line up the RPM range.
Boost kicks in full just at 4k or under depending on when you hit it.
Sound of the BRV's is subtle and nice.
Exhaust note is a bit more pronounced.
I need to drive it more and monitor temps and such but I am quite pleased with the initial results, I was pleased the first time I got the tune before replacing any of the parts I recently did.

Big thanks to Todd at EVOMS and Alex at Sharkwercks.

taylorcoleman 09-10-2009 05:38 PM

Awesome to hear your car is on the road and you're enjoying the 700 package. I think it will get better and better as you tune more into enjoying the drive and less into analyzing the response (though it's perfectly natural to do the latter).

Oh, and yeah, these mods can be a real pain in the arse. Nothing seems to go smoothly at all. But, in the end, it's all worth it. (which by the way in a shameless plug, is why purchasing a used, but properly modded turbo can save a lot of hassle and money :) )

KA 997TT 09-10-2009 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by taylorcoleman (Post 2535217)
Awesome to hear your car is on the road and you're enjoying the 700 package. I think it will get better and better as you tune more into enjoying the drive and less into analyzing the response (though it's perfectly natural to do the latter).

Oh, and yeah, these mods can be a real pain in the arse. Nothing seems to go smoothly at all. But, in the end, it's all worth it. (which by the way in a shameless plug, is why purchasing a used, but properly modded turbo can save a lot of hassle and money :) )

Thanks,
I do enjoy the whole process, I wish I went in a different direction from the start but I learned a lot in the mix of all this.
At this point, everything is installed very nicely and tight. All inspected and approved by the P dealer who told me that my warranty will not be affected at all with any of the current modes but of course the parts that they did not supply.

GT RUS 09-10-2009 07:14 PM

A lot good things have been said abou this kit abut where are the actual performance numbers ???