997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Out with the OLD in with EVT 700

Old 08-26-2009, 02:47 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Out with the OLD in with EVT 700

After months of suffering, car on a lift somewhere or ditched in the garage... I gave up! I called some folks and everyone led me to one place, EVOMS.
Between their tune, the suspension work and a few other tweaks (Larger VTG's, IC's & BMC) I got me a monster!
My way of a "Bad ***" is not how much the car dyno's at the wheels but how the wheels hit the pavement.
I can however say that it has what it takes to hit the track and burn some rubber.
The car is transformed, pure power all the way through the RPM range and the best way to describe it is it feels like stock but on steroids heat or not. I can't wait to drive it on a cool day
Thanks to Todd and the team at EVOMS and to Alex Ross at shark Wercks for all the help they provided me even on Sunday...

Old 08-26-2009, 02:52 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Unless we get some pics and vids, this thread is on its way to EPIC FAILURE-DOM.

Last edited by bonehead; 08-26-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:55 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Unless we get some pics and vids, this thread is on it's way to EPIC FAILURE-DOM.
Wish i can provide anything at this time. I do not have any dyno sheets, I have no videos but i know I have a great package that works as good as it is going to get, I am working on the rest though

Old 08-26-2009, 03:06 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Congrats! The EVT700 is a beast! We're completing the install on one as we speak. You'll love it more and more every time you drive the car.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:29 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Congratulations!!!

EVOMS and SharkWerks are first-rate - no BS, no inflated claims, no questionable sales tactics - just stuff that makes your car go fast.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:31 PM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
While at lunch today with Alex and James the KA conversation came up up and I was very happy to hear that you are enjoying the EVT700.

EVOMS is like the coldest, best tasting, lowest calorie, highest % alcohol content beer known to man kind after a long hard week brother.

Cheers and happy motoring!

Old 08-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by N2it
While at lunch today with Alex and James the KA conversation came up up and I was very happy to hear that you are enjoying the EVT700.

EVOMS is like the coldest, best tasting, lowest calorie, highest % alcohol content beer known to man kind after a long hard week brother.

THANK YOU! I will be taking it out this weekend, I may need some new tires come Monday.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:00 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
kudos to Alex and the entire Sharkwerks team! I'm so glad I'm only 20mins away from them. :-)

Old 08-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KA 997TT
After months of suffering, car on a lift somewhere or ditched in the garage... I gave up! I called some folks and everyone led me to one place, EVOMS.
Between their tune, the suspension work and a few other tweaks (Larger VTG's, IC's & BMC) I got me a monster!
My way of a "Bad ***" is not how much the car dyno's at the wheels but how the wheels hit the pavement.
I can however say that it has what it takes to hit the track and burn some rubber.
The car is transformed, pure power all the way through the RPM range and the best way to describe it is it feels like stock but on steroids heat or not. I can't wait to drive it on a cool day
Thanks to Todd and the team at EVOMS and to Alex Ross at shark Wercks for all the help they provided me even on Sunday...
Kino,
<O
I am glad you are enjoying your car. As you and I discussed over the phone, these cars suffer tremendously from the heat and they run far worse than stock if they are not properly tuned. I beat my head against the wall with the ECU tuning on my EVT700 for many months in the summer to get the performance where I was satisfied with it. I have over 1200 dyno pulls on my car tuning the EVT700 performance system and I have made over 500 tuning files to get it to where it is today. Early on in the tuning process, I was able to make good power when the engine / intake temperatures were cool, however as soon as the intake temperatures got hot, the car would fall flat and develop poor performance. I spent countless months of non stop tuning on the dyno as well as driving in the desert heat to get to the point where the software / performance is now. Consistency and smooth power delivery was the ultimate goal and it is very rewarding for me personally when customers like you can experience and enjoy the end result of the tuning process that consumed me for over 6 months and caused many dead end weeks and many sleepless nights. Enjoy your car and stay in touch!<O</O

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 08-26-2009, 06:30 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Congrats on your EVT700! You will love it. What did you have on the car before?

Old 08-26-2009, 06:55 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Congrats Kino!
Theres nothing quite like 700hp in one of these cars!
Only a few spots left in the TX mile though...

Old 08-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by MBailey
Congrats Kino!
Theres nothing quite like 700hp in one of these cars!
Only a few spots left in the TX mile though...
I have a couple of trips scheduled that might cause a conflict for me.. I just opened a small office in MN and I might have to go do meet and great with the new folks... will see.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Congrats on your EVT700! You will love it. What did you have on the car before?
Long story short, something that just didn't and will never work... I am planning in taking a trip and getting my car tuned on site and let Todd pick some adds ons and/or remove some parts that are not recommended for this kit. So far it is great... Thanks

Old 08-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by N2it

N2it,

THANK YOU!!!!!

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 08-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
Kino,
<O
I am glad you are enjoying your car. As you and I discussed over the phone, these cars suffer tremendously from the heat and they run far worse than stock if they are not properly tuned. I beat my head against the wall with the ECU tuning on my EVT700 for many months in the summer to get the performance where I was satisfied with it. I have over 1200 dyno pulls on my car tuning the EVT700 performance system and I have made over 500 tuning files to get it to where it is today. Early on in the tuning process, I was able to make good power when the engine / intake temperatures were cool, however as soon as the intake temperatures got hot, the car would fall flat and develop poor performance. I spent countless months of non stop tuning on the dyno as well as driving in the desert heat to get to the point where the software / performance is now. Consistency and smooth power delivery was the ultimate goal and it is very rewarding for me personally when customers like you can experience and enjoy the end result of the tuning process that consumed me for over 6 months and caused many dead end weeks and many sleepless nights. Enjoy your car and stay in touch!<O</O
Todd, what I really would like to thank you for is taking the time to explain your process, your tune, the methods you utilize for your software even-though you have nothing to prove as you do have a very reputable product. I look forward to "NEXT" and I do thank you for an excellent service and a great product.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Out with the OLD in with EVT 700