997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Out with the OLD in with EVT 700

Old 08-26-2009, 08:32 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KA 997TT
After months of suffering, car on a lift somewhere or ditched in the garage... I gave up! I called some folks and everyone led me to one place, EVOMS.
Between their tune, the suspension work and a few other tweaks (Larger VTG's, IC's & BMC) I got me a monster!
My way of a "Bad ***" is not how much the car dyno's at the wheels but how the wheels hit the pavement.
I can however say that it has what it takes to hit the track and burn some rubber.
The car is transformed, pure power all the way through the RPM range and the best way to describe it is it feels like stock but on steroids heat or not. I can't wait to drive it on a cool day
Thanks to Todd and the team at EVOMS and to Alex Ross at shark Wercks for all the help they provided me even on Sunday...
Hey KA 997TT, seriously it was/is a real pleasure and thrilled you're back on the road again with a fully-functioning car again Something was rotten in Denmark as they say from my part of the world (UK) and at the time we were flashing an F430. Todd/EVOMS are a great bunch and so passionate about the tuning side. It's rare that you have a combination of the tuner, car, passion, knowledge or hardware and software all in one place but that's EVO for sure. This is why we've had such great success on things like the EVT700, RS350 for Caymans and now the 500hp GT3 stuff. It takes time, effort, money, passion and lot's of equipment but it's worth it in the end. It's funny because as "SharkWerks", we too had to make a choice a couple of years ago. Having been in this industry for a while and been privy to a lot of the smoke and mirrors to do with tuning it was refreshing to see the EVOMSit in action. There's nothing to hide (usually because Todd's actually doing the tuning as opposed to someone in another country etc...) so physically seeing and working with them when they were tuning our 3.9L live using their emulator was truly awesome. We'll have video of this shortly but for now for anyone interested in seeing what the tuning process is like check:

Our DFI based 2009 997S EVOMSit write-up:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...re-tuning.html

The 2010 997 GT3
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/997-gt...s-exhaust.html

And you can see some pretty neat stuff in the 500hp GT3 build where the tuning was about as custom as you can get for an NA car:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...e-upgrade.html

And finally for anyone needing instructions on removing their ECU and sending it to EVO or US:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...2-and-gt3.html

Old 08-26-2009, 08:35 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NeilM
kudos to Alex and the entire Sharkwerks team! I'm so glad I'm only 20mins away from them. :-)
LOL and only one hour or so to do the tune Best of luck on the turns this weekend:P

Originally Posted by N2it
While at lunch today with Alex and James the KA conversation came up up and I was very happy to hear that you are enjoying the EVT700.

EVOMS is like the coldest, best tasting, lowest calorie, highest % alcohol content beer known to man kind after a long hard week brother.

Cheers and happy motoring!
LOL those Falafels worked their magic eh? Got back and we dialed that 09 997S in and then off home early tonight:P

PS I think we need to go 3.8 and then some on yours eventually eh And then Todd can come out and tune it too:P

Old 08-26-2009, 09:38 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sharkster
Hey KA 997TT, seriously it was/is a real pleasure and thrilled you're back on the road again with a fully-functioning car again Something was rotten in Denmark as they say from my part of the world (UK) and at the time we were flashing an F430. Todd/EVOMS are a great bunch and so passionate about the tuning side. It's rare that you have a combination of the tuner, car, passion, knowledge or hardware and software all in one place but that's EVO for sure. This is why we've had such great success on things like the EVT700, RS350 for Caymans and now the 500hp GT3 stuff. It takes time, effort, money, passion and lot's of equipment but it's worth it in the end. It's funny because as "SharkWerks", we too had to make a choice a couple of years ago. Having been in this industry for a while and been privy to a lot of the smoke and mirrors to do with tuning it was refreshing to see the EVOMSit in action. There's nothing to hide (usually because Todd's actually doing the tuning as opposed to someone in another country etc...) so physically seeing and working with them when they were tuning our 3.9L live using their emulator was truly awesome. We'll have video of this shortly but for now for anyone interested in seeing what the tuning process is like check:

Our DFI based 2009 997S EVOMSit write-up:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...re-tuning.html

The 2010 997 GT3
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/997-gt...s-exhaust.html

And you can see some pretty neat stuff in the 500hp GT3 build where the tuning was about as custom as you can get for an NA car:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...e-upgrade.html

And finally for anyone needing instructions on removing their ECU and sending it to EVO or US:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...2-and-gt3.html
I am going to be getting ready for some more tuning in the last part of September once I am done with some traveling... Will hit you guys up for sure!!!

Old 08-27-2009, 04:42 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Good to hear!

Old 08-27-2009, 07:09 PM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !

THANK YOU! I will be taking it out this weekend, I may need some new tires come Monday.
Tires are like underwear...

Old 08-27-2009, 07:11 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Todd at EVOMS. Alex at Sharkwerks. You can't go wrong. Both guys are very helpful and knowledgeable. No BS just straight facts and always willing to share their expertise and time.

You made a great choice.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:22 PM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
LOL and only one hour or so to do the tune Best of luck on the turns this weekend:P

LOL those Falafels worked their magic eh? Got back and we dialed that 09 997S in and then off home early tonight:P

PS I think we need to go 3.8 and then some on yours eventually eh And then Todd can come out and tune it too:P
--Yah lunch was so perfect and thats great you got some "me time."

3.8 + sounds tasty!!! When Todd's out we need to tune my DD in a bad way. Let's tune my baot also

Old 08-27-2009, 10:15 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Tires are like underwear...
Ladies or men?

Old 08-27-2009, 10:17 PM
--Yah lunch was so perfect and thats great you got some "me time."

3.8 + sounds tasty!!! When Todd's out we need to tune my DD in a bad way. Let's tune my baot also
hey, that's a good business SharkBoat Tuning...

Old 08-28-2009, 12:00 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Congrats .. Welcome to the club . I love my Evt700 so much that I don't even want to waste miles driving it in traffic . In fact i boughta PDK for traffic and even that is getting the Evoms tune. I have never driven a car like my Turbo has become .

If I had to pick the one "must have" option .. it's this kit.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Ladies or men?
Well considering that I don't go comando that often and just about all Z ladies I know do, I would have to say the mens

Old 08-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Well considering that I don't go comando that often and just about all Z ladies I know do, I would have to say the mens

We need a thread for that.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:14 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Kino,
If you have or can borrow a performance box, you should pull a few 60-130s. It would be interesting to see how fast the EVT700 could do.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by MBailey
Kino,
If you have or can borrow a performance box, you should pull a few 60-130s. It would be interesting to see how fast the EVT700 could do.
Good idea, do you have one? I bet i can go to a local track somewhere... wait, we don't have one near by.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:21 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Bring her down here next time your in town for business. I can show you a perfect track.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Out with the OLD in with EVT 700