6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   Out with the OLD in with EVT 700 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/183457-out-old-evt-700-a.html)

KA 997TT 08-26-2009 02:47 PM

Out with the OLD in with EVT 700

After months of suffering, car on a lift somewhere or ditched in the garage... I gave up! I called some folks and everyone led me to one place, EVOMS.
Between their tune, the suspension work and a few other tweaks (Larger VTG's, IC's & BMC) I got me a monster!
My way of a "Bad Ass" is not how much the car dyno's at the wheels but how the wheels hit the pavement.
I can however say that it has what it takes to hit the track and burn some rubber.
The car is transformed, pure power all the way through the RPM range and the best way to describe it is it feels like stock but on steroids heat or not. I can't wait to drive it on a cool day :D
Thanks to Todd and the team at EVOMS and to Alex Ross at shark Wercks for all the help they provided me even on Sunday... hilarious

bonehead 08-26-2009 02:52 PM

Unless we get some pics and vids, this thread is on its way to EPIC FAILURE-DOM.:D

KA 997TT 08-26-2009 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by bonehead (Post 2516468)
Unless we get some pics and vids, this thread is on it's way to EPIC FAILURE-DOM.:D

Wish i can provide anything at this time. I do not have any dyno sheets, I have no videos but i know I have a great package that works as good as it is going to get, I am working on the rest though :p

Tom@Champion 08-26-2009 03:06 PM

Congrats! The EVT700 is a beast! We're completing the install on one as we speak. You'll love it more and more every time you drive the car. :)

sparkhill 08-26-2009 03:29 PM

Congratulations!!!

EVOMS and SharkWerks are first-rate - no BS, no inflated claims, no questionable sales tactics - just stuff that makes your car go fast.

N2it 08-26-2009 04:31 PM

While at lunch today with Alex and James the KA conversation came up up and I was very happy to hear that you are enjoying the EVT700.

EVOMS is like the coldest, best tasting, lowest calorie, highest % alcohol content beer known to man kind after a long hard week brother.

Cheers and happy motoring!

KA 997TT 08-26-2009 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by N2it (Post 2516600)
While at lunch today with Alex and James the KA conversation came up up and I was very happy to hear that you are enjoying the EVT700.

EVOMS is like the coldest, best tasting, lowest calorie, highest % alcohol content beer known to man kind after a long hard week brother.

hilarious

THANK YOU! I will be taking it out this weekend, I may need some new tires come Monday. :D

NeilM 08-26-2009 06:00 PM

kudos to Alex and the entire Sharkwerks team! I'm so glad I'm only 20mins away from them. :-)

Evolution MotorSports 08-26-2009 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by KA 997TT (Post 2516461)
After months of suffering, car on a lift somewhere or ditched in the garage... I gave up! I called some folks and everyone led me to one place, EVOMS.
Between their tune, the suspension work and a few other tweaks (Larger VTG's, IC's & BMC) I got me a monster!
My way of a "Bad Ass" is not how much the car dyno's at the wheels but how the wheels hit the pavement.
I can however say that it has what it takes to hit the track and burn some rubber.
The car is transformed, pure power all the way through the RPM range and the best way to describe it is it feels like stock but on steroids heat or not. I can't wait to drive it on a cool day :D
Thanks to Todd and the team at EVOMS and to Alex Ross at shark Wercks for all the help they provided me even on Sunday... hilarious

Kino,
<O:p
I am glad you are enjoying your car. As you and I discussed over the phone, these cars suffer tremendously from the heat and they run far worse than stock if they are not properly tuned. I beat my head against the wall with the ECU tuning on my EVT700 for many months in the summer to get the performance where I was satisfied with it. I have over 1200 dyno pulls on my car tuning the EVT700 performance system and I have made over 500 tuning files to get it to where it is today. Early on in the tuning process, I was able to make good power when the engine / intake temperatures were cool, however as soon as the intake temperatures got hot, the car would fall flat and develop poor performance. I spent countless months of non stop tuning on the dyno as well as driving in the desert heat to get to the point where the software / performance is now. Consistency and smooth power delivery was the ultimate goal and it is very rewarding for me personally when customers like you can experience and enjoy the end result of the tuning process that consumed me for over 6 months and caused many dead end weeks and many sleepless nights. :D Enjoy your car and stay in touch!<O:p</O:p

LUISGT3 08-26-2009 06:30 PM

Congrats on your EVT700! You will love it. What did you have on the car before?

MBailey 08-26-2009 06:55 PM

Congrats Kino!
Theres nothing quite like 700hp in one of these cars!
Only a few spots left in the TX mile though...

KA 997TT 08-26-2009 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by MBailey (Post 2516806)
Congrats Kino!
Theres nothing quite like 700hp in one of these cars!
Only a few spots left in the TX mile though...

I have a couple of trips scheduled that might cause a conflict for me.. I just opened a small office in MN and I might have to go do meet and great with the new folks... will see.

KA 997TT 08-26-2009 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by LUISGT3 (Post 2516758)
Congrats on your EVT700! You will love it. What did you have on the car before?

Long story short, something that just didn't and will never work... I am planning in taking a trip and getting my car tuned on site and let Todd pick some adds ons and/or remove some parts that are not recommended for this kit. So far it is great... Thanks

Evolution MotorSports 08-26-2009 07:16 PM

N2it,

hilarious THANK YOU!!!!!

KA 997TT 08-26-2009 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports (Post 2516752)
Kino,
<O:p
I am glad you are enjoying your car. As you and I discussed over the phone, these cars suffer tremendously from the heat and they run far worse than stock if they are not properly tuned. I beat my head against the wall with the ECU tuning on my EVT700 for many months in the summer to get the performance where I was satisfied with it. I have over 1200 dyno pulls on my car tuning the EVT700 performance system and I have made over 500 tuning files to get it to where it is today. Early on in the tuning process, I was able to make good power when the engine / intake temperatures were cool, however as soon as the intake temperatures got hot, the car would fall flat and develop poor performance. I spent countless months of non stop tuning on the dyno as well as driving in the desert heat to get to the point where the software / performance is now. Consistency and smooth power delivery was the ultimate goal and it is very rewarding for me personally when customers like you can experience and enjoy the end result of the tuning process that consumed me for over 6 months and caused many dead end weeks and many sleepless nights. :D Enjoy your car and stay in touch!<O:p</O:p

Todd, what I really would like to thank you for is taking the time to explain your process, your tune, the methods you utilize for your software even-though you have nothing to prove as you do have a very reputable product. I look forward to "NEXT" and I do thank you for an excellent service and a great product.

sharkster 08-26-2009 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by KA 997TT (Post 2516461)

Hey KA 997TT, seriously it was/is a real pleasure and thrilled you're back on the road again with a fully-functioning car again;) Something was rotten in Denmark as they say from my part of the world (UK) and at the time we were flashing an F430. Todd/EVOMS are a great bunch and so passionate about the tuning side. It's rare that you have a combination of the tuner, car, passion, knowledge or hardware and software all in one place but that's EVO for sure. This is why we've had such great success on things like the EVT700, RS350 for Caymans and now the 500hp GT3 stuff. It takes time, effort, money, passion and lot's of equipment but it's worth it in the end. It's funny because as "SharkWerks", we too had to make a choice a couple of years ago. Having been in this industry for a while and been privy to a lot of the smoke and mirrors to do with tuning it was refreshing to see the EVOMSit in action. There's nothing to hide (usually because Todd's actually doing the tuning as opposed to someone in another country etc...) so physically seeing and working with them when they were tuning our 3.9L live using their emulator was truly awesome. We'll have video of this shortly but for now for anyone interested in seeing what the tuning process is like check:

Our DFI based 2009 997S EVOMSit write-up:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...re-tuning.html

The 2010 997 GT3
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/997-gt...s-exhaust.html

And you can see some pretty neat stuff in the 500hp GT3 build where the tuning was about as custom as you can get for an NA car:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...e-upgrade.html

And finally for anyone needing instructions on removing their ECU and sending it to EVO or US:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...2-and-gt3.html

sharkster 08-26-2009 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by NeilM (Post 2516715)
kudos to Alex and the entire Sharkwerks team! I'm so glad I'm only 20mins away from them. :-)

LOL and only one hour or so to do the tune:D Best of luck on the turns this weekend:P

LOL those Falafels worked their magic eh;)? Got back and we dialed that 09 997S in and then off home early tonight:P

PS I think we need to go 3.8 and then some on yours eventually eh:D And then Todd can come out and tune it too:P

KA 997TT 08-26-2009 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by sharkster (Post 2516942)
Hey KA 997TT, seriously it was/is a real pleasure and thrilled you're back on the road again with a fully-functioning car again;) Something was rotten in Denmark as they say from my part of the world (UK) and at the time we were flashing an F430. Todd/EVOMS are a great bunch and so passionate about the tuning side. It's rare that you have a combination of the tuner, car, passion, knowledge or hardware and software all in one place but that's EVO for sure. This is why we've had such great success on things like the EVT700, RS350 for Caymans and now the 500hp GT3 stuff. It takes time, effort, money, passion and lot's of equipment but it's worth it in the end. It's funny because as "SharkWerks", we too had to make a choice a couple of years ago. Having been in this industry for a while and been privy to a lot of the smoke and mirrors to do with tuning it was refreshing to see the EVOMSit in action. There's nothing to hide (usually because Todd's actually doing the tuning as opposed to someone in another country etc...) so physically seeing and working with them when they were tuning our 3.9L live using their emulator was truly awesome. We'll have video of this shortly but for now for anyone interested in seeing what the tuning process is like check:

Our DFI based 2009 997S EVOMSit write-up:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...re-tuning.html

The 2010 997 GT3
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/997-gt...s-exhaust.html

And you can see some pretty neat stuff in the 500hp GT3 build where the tuning was about as custom as you can get for an NA car:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...e-upgrade.html

And finally for anyone needing instructions on removing their ECU and sending it to EVO or US:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...2-and-gt3.html

I am going to be getting ready for some more tuning in the last part of September once I am done with some traveling... Will hit you guys up for sure!!!

joetwint 08-27-2009 04:42 PM

Good to hear!

N2it 08-27-2009 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by KA 997TT (Post 2516606)
hilarious

THANK YOU! I will be taking it out this weekend, I may need some new tires come Monday. :D

Tires are like underwear... ;)

GotBoost? 08-27-2009 07:11 PM

Todd at EVOMS. Alex at Sharkwerks. You can't go wrong. Both guys are very helpful and knowledgeable. No BS just straight facts and always willing to share their expertise and time.

You made a great choice.

N2it 08-27-2009 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by sharkster (Post 2516947)
LOL and only one hour or so to do the tune:D Best of luck on the turns this weekend:P

LOL those Falafels worked their magic eh;)? Got back and we dialed that 09 997S in and then off home early tonight:P

PS I think we need to go 3.8 and then some on yours eventually eh:D And then Todd can come out and tune it too:P

--Yah lunch was so perfect and thats great you got some "me time."

3.8 + sounds tasty!!! When Todd's out we need to tune my DD in a bad way. Let's tune my baot also hilarious

KA 997TT 08-27-2009 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by N2it (Post 2518133)
Tires are like underwear... ;)

Ladies or men? :D

KA 997TT 08-27-2009 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by N2it (Post 2518152)

3.8 + sounds tasty!!! When Todd's out we need to tune my DD in a bad way. Let's tune my baot also hilarious

hey, that's a good business SharkBoat Tuning... :cool:

yrralis1 08-28-2009 12:00 AM

Congrats .. Welcome to the club . I love my Evt700 so much that I don't even want to waste miles driving it in traffic . In fact i boughta PDK for traffic and even that is getting the Evoms tune. I have never driven a car like my Turbo has become .

If I had to pick the one "must have" option .. it's this kit.

N2it 08-28-2009 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by KA 997TT (Post 2518361)
Ladies or men? :D

Well considering that I don't go comando that often and just about all Z ladies I know do, I would have to say the mens :D

KA 997TT 08-28-2009 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by N2it (Post 2518828)
Well considering that I don't go comando that often and just about all Z ladies I know do, I would have to say the mens :D

hilarious

We need a thread for that.

MBailey 08-28-2009 04:14 PM

Kino,
If you have or can borrow a performance box, you should pull a few 60-130s. It would be interesting to see how fast the EVT700 could do.

KA 997TT 08-28-2009 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by MBailey (Post 2519469)
Kino,
If you have or can borrow a performance box, you should pull a few 60-130s. It would be interesting to see how fast the EVT700 could do.

Good idea, do you have one? I bet i can go to a local track somewhere... wait, we don't have one near by.

MBailey 08-28-2009 07:21 PM

Bring her down here next time your in town for business. I can show you a perfect track.

KA 997TT 08-28-2009 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by MBailey (Post 2519683)
Bring her down here next time your in town for business. I can show you a perfect track.

I might just take you up on this offer!! waiting for TX Hell Heat to end a bit, I visit your area in the winter times actually... nice and quite.

MBailey 08-28-2009 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by KA 997TT (Post 2519738)
I might just take you up on this offer!! waiting for TX Hell Heat to end a bit, I visit your area in the winter times actually... nice and quite.

Just let me know!

sharkster 08-28-2009 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by GotBoost? (Post 2518136)
Todd at EVOMS. Alex at Sharkwerks. You can't go wrong. Both guys are very helpful and knowledgeable. No BS just straight facts and always willing to share their expertise and time.

You made a great choice.

Thank you GotBoost.... means a lot and glad to be of service:P

Originally Posted by N2it (Post 2518152)

It is tasty... It really is and does your boat have an ECU or is it an outboard? Either way let Todd/James at it....

KA 997TT 08-31-2009 05:41 PM

Plugs being replaced tomorrow

Finally i am taking some time and taking the P car to the stealer to have the plugs replaced, next the BRV's, i will keep you guys posted.

NeilM 08-31-2009 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by KA 997TT (Post 2522779)
Finally i am taking some time and taking the P car to the stealer to have the plugs replaced, next the BRV's, i will keep you guys posted.

KA - is the stealer located near Mezzaluna's?

KA 997TT 08-31-2009 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by NeilM (Post 2522787)
KA - is the stealer located near Mezzaluna's?

I had to google this one... i don't think so.

KA 997TT 09-01-2009 07:01 PM

:( Left it on the lift today getting surgery.
The guy start telling me how many parts are coming off, I asked him to stop very nicely and told him to say no more... I am hoping to pick it up tomorrow.

sharkster 09-01-2009 11:27 PM

OK now the last few got me lost:P

KA 997TT 09-02-2009 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by sharkster (Post 2524754)
OK now the last few got me lost:P

PLUGS... replacing them at the moment...
Rear bumper cover coming off
100 other things + IC.
I am hoping to see a small gain in replacing the plug.
BRV's are going on as well.

Alex,
Do you sell the EVO Headers or should I get with Todd? I may want to get those installed by next month.

sharkster 09-02-2009 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by KA 997TT (Post 2525081)
PLUGS... replacing them at the moment...
Rear bumper cover coming off
100 other things + IC.
I am hoping to see a small gain in replacing the plug.
BRV's are going on as well.

Alex,
Do you sell the EVO Headers or should I get with Todd? I may want to get those installed by next month.

Hey KA997tt good your changing those and yep just have Ian/Todd send you a set... They make 'em by hand there and they so well done;)