997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

I probably have to get out of my car 5 times a week to close the stupid trunk.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 10:32 AM
notgood is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by raclaims
Is it possible to modify the key to disable remote opening of the trunk? Then if you do want to open it...you do it manually inside the car.
This is what I tried to have the dealer do. They said it couldn't be done. I don't really understand why.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:03 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by twturbo
You mean a purse !! lol sorry couldn't resist ,i've heard of this problem from another tt friend ,when i got my tt the fobs weren't working correctly & dealer switched them out for the black ones mentioned earlier.
It's not a purse. It's a "carry all man bag."

And if the OP didn't wear such tight fitting pants, he/she wouldn't have the problem lol

Just kidding

Old 12-09-2009, 03:43 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
A company called Mods4cars https://www.wit-usa.com/sms/shop/?p=...4LWEiO30=makes makes something that should cure your problem if it is caused by a momentary bump of the key button. It adds a delay so the button has to be held down for a few seconds to activate opener. I purchased one for my '07 coupe (the units are different for coupes vs cabs) but sold the car and never used it. (I actually thought that after 28 years of owning P cars, I had them out of my system - see my signature to see how long that lasted.) The '08s have a slight delay built into them so no longer need it. Check it out on line. If you have a coupe and it is what you want, let me know and you can have it. If it works for you, send a donation to Make A Wish. Another "solution" is to super glue the button. I actually did that to a button on a razr phone that I kept accidentally pushing and ending up with the phone on speakerphone it awkward times.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:49 PM
notgood is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
A company called Mods4cars https://www.wit-usa.com/sms/shop/?p=...4LWEiO30=makes makes something that should cure your problem if it is caused by a momentary bump of the key button. It adds a delay so the button has to be held down for a few seconds to activate opener. I purchased one for my '07 coupe (the units are different for coupes vs cabs) but sold the car and never used it. (I actually thought that after 28 years of owning P cars, I had them out of my system - see my signature to see how long that lasted.) The '08s have a slight delay built into them so no longer need it. Check it out on line. If you have a coupe and it is what you want, let me know and you can have it. If it works for you, send a donation to Make A Wish. Another "solution" is to super glue the button. I actually did that to a button on a razr phone that I kept accidentally pushing and ending up with the phone on speakerphone it awkward times.
Wow. If you're serious, I'll PM you my FedEx number. Thanks

Old 12-09-2009, 04:20 PM
ARod is on a distinguished road
hang the key from your neck!!!

by the way... my girlfriend had the same problem... we notice that only happened where she was wearing the super tight pants...

Arod

Old 12-09-2009, 04:30 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by notgood
Very serious. It has been collecting dust for a few years in my garage. Send pm.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:40 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Does anyone else have this problem? I've had the key delay adjusted as much as it can be adjusted, but it still keeps popping open just from being in my pocket and my pants just aren't that tight. The dealer couldn't think of anything and didn't think they could consider it a warranty issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?
That accidental hood opening had to be fixed. Porsche couldn't do it. they said no adjustment on key. I had to stop the crap which got very annoying. I took a small band of rigid metal, maybe 1-2 mm thick, just wide enough to cover the slot for the trunk. Covered the metal completely with same width of good tape just long enough on each side to stick to the key. I used the soft fuzzy side of grey velcro tape you can find at Lowe's. No more accidental trunk opening. If I need the trunk open which is seldom, I open it from the switch inside the car.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:29 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
same prob here i find it funny :P

Old 12-16-2009, 08:30 AM
The unit was shipped yesterday via your Fed Ex number.