997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Bilstein PSS10 and H & R Sway Bars installed on Porsche 997 Turbo Cab. by G Rides

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 02:34 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cannga
You're welcome. I think NeilM has it this low without any problem. Remember 25mm down is about the max for Bilstein lowering in the rear (10-30 front, 5-25 rear).

The final measurement should then be 132/153mm minus 25/25mm. Don't rely on the pre-measurement of your car as we saw from this thread that the car could come from the factory down 10 from spec already.

20 inch wheel won't rub with 25mm lowering?

Mine is lowered by approx 1.15 inches all the way around. I had 20-inch techarts in the past and no rubbing issues. I also have the GT2 spec alignment so I have a bit of negative camber in the rear.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:07 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Neil I now know why your car looks so pretty. It's the wheel, and the Silver-and-Black Oakland Raiders scheme! (I am a fan since the Cliff Branche-Fred Biletnikoff-Kenny Stabler days.)

Front lip is very nice too!

Last edited by cannga; 04-02-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:10 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
Neil I now know why your car looks pretty. It's the wheel, and the Silver-and-Black Oakland Raiders scheme! (I am a fan since the Cliff Branche-Fred Biletnikoff-Kenny Stabler days.)

hahahaha! I just fell off my chair..... ...that wasn't my intention at all but thanks Can!

Last edited by NeilM; 04-02-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:04 PM
C2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to all
Here is mine. I lower it 1" front and back today. Let me know what you think.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:07 PM
OneFastBeast will become famous soon enough
[quote=NeilM;2789191]Mine is lowered by approx 1.15 inches all the way around. I had 20-inch techarts in the past and no rubbing issues. I also have the GT2 spec alignment so I have a bit of negative camber in the rear

What wheels are those Neil?

Old 04-03-2010, 12:14 AM
C2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to allC2SS is a name known to all
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Danny,

Just slam it to the ground. You need to be scraping the front lip with me, Randy, and Luc!!!!
Mike,

What do think?

Old 04-03-2010, 06:42 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Wow! Beautifully done! All these pretty cabs are making my heart flutter. And you guys are making me miss my previously lower Bilstein. Hmmm... hmm... hmm...

What exhaust tip is that? Are you considering Porsche center cap (I vote for color) and Techart or Speedart front lip?

Congrats and drive safely. (Hope Gary/G Rides doesn't mind we are making his thread so popular. )

Originally Posted by C2SS
Mike,

What do think?

Old 04-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Wow! Beautifully done! All these pretty cabs are making my heart flutter. And you guys are making me miss my previously lower Bilstein. Hmmm... hmm... hmm...

What exhaust tip is that? Are you considering Porsche center cap (I vote for color) and Techart or Speedart front lip?

Congrats and drive safely. (Hope Gary/G Rides doesn't mind we are making his thread so popular. )
Cannga,

The exhaust system is call Super Sprint. The seller told me that they made exhaust for Techart. It pretty good, I like it.

Regarding aero kit. I might do it later.

Thanks

Old 04-03-2010, 04:15 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Neil I now know why your car looks so pretty. It's the wheel, and the Silver-and-Black Oakland Raiders scheme! (I am a fan since the Cliff Branche-Fred Biletnikoff-Kenny Stabler days.)

Front lip is very nice too!
That explains a lot, I'm a KC Chiefs fan.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:37 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by C2SS
Mike,

What do think?

Ahhhh. That is just too pretty... I love it!

Old 04-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Hi Gary,

From this enclosed picture that you posted, I take it that there is a small (drkbrent) cone washer in the rear as well? Just curious and TIA.

Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Former Vendor
Gary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond reputeGary@G Rides has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Gary,

From this enclosed picture that you posted, I take it that there is a small (drkbrent) cone washer in the rear as well? Just curious and TIA.
Correct, once Coilover is assembled you really can't see it.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:01 AM
indo997 is on a distinguished road
Hi Gary,

cannga < i just installed my bilstein damptronic for my 997 turbo the ride is a bit hard but im fine with it, the worst part is I forgot to put the small washer all 4 side of them. will it affect the handling or will I get in trouble in a long run?

Old 09-21-2011, 06:31 AM
indo997 is on a distinguished road
wowowow, i just saw the other post by drkbrent.

so the shock rod really snap because the installer forgot to put the "magical washer"???

Old 09-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by indo997
cannga < i just installed my bilstein damptronic for my 997 turbo the ride is a bit hard but im fine with it, the worst part is I forgot to put the small washer all 4 side of them. will it affect the handling or will I get in trouble in a long run?
indo, isn't this some kind of a joke? If you are serious and if we are talking about the same cone washers, yes you need to immediately get the car on lift and off any weight bearing - NO MORE DRIVING without the washer!
A couple of questions:

1. How much have you driven the car without the washers? If you have, the shafts might have been bent, weakened, or damaged already. Get them inspected, especially at the neck where the washers are supposed to be. Good luck!

2. Did you buy this Bilstein coilover new? I thought new ones now come *with* the washers so that it's almost impossible to miss them?

Last edited by cannga; 09-21-2011 at 01:30 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Bilstein PSS10 and H & R Sway Bars installed on Porsche 997 Turbo Cab. by G Rides