6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   Porsche Tuning in South Florida (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/217062-porsche-tuning-south-florida.html)

Big Al 07-14-2010 11:56 AM

Porsche Tuning in South Florida

Hello mates I'm new to this forum and new to Porsche and live in South Florida. I have a 2008 TT Cab. I've decided on upgrading the exhaust and software. There are so many tuners in South Florida that I am having trouble deciding who to use. I know of Tuners Motorsport, Prototech, CEC and Champion. I have been speaking mostly with David Hart of Prototec and Tuners Motorsport. Prototech makes their own exhaust and can get he car really fast and Tuners Motorsport seems like a real serious operation. Anyway please let me know if your thoughts on who would be best. Also my car is certifeid pre-owned and do track the car from time to time.

Tony@epl 07-14-2010 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Big Al (Post 2908418)
Hello mates I'm new to this forum and new to Porsche and live in South Florida. I have a 2008 TT Cab. I've decided on upgrading the exhaust and software. There are so many tuners in South Florida that I am having trouble deciding who to use. I know of Tuners Motorsport, Prototech, CEC and Champion. I have been speaking mostly with David Hart of Prototec and Tuners Motorsport. Prototech makes their own exhaust and can get he car really fast and Tuners Motorsport seems like a real serious operation. Anyway please let me know if your thoughts on who would be best. Also my car is certifeid pre-owned and do track the car from time to time.

Welcome! You will also want to check out USP Motorsports (Chris Green). He is a fellow 997tt owner and really knows his stuff!

http://uspmotorsports.com/

Mini George 07-14-2010 12:30 PM

Do you have any pictures of your car?

Sales@Champion 07-14-2010 12:38 PM

Big Al,
Congrats on your 997TT :) I would like to extend a warm welcome for you to come down and see our facility and operation first hand. We have some very interesting projects going on that I'd like you to see in person ( Turbo Content ):D I hope to be meeting you soon.

We look forward to helping you with your Porsche needs.

The Champion Team

AWD Motorsports 07-14-2010 01:06 PM

We offer the EVOMSit.com Software in house if your interested.. We can do the tune back to back to show the gains on the dyno as well.. Below is a link for more info.. We are offering 10% off for the rest of July & August..

http://www.evomsit.com/Partners_AWD.htm

We are a few doors down from our friends @ Tuners Mall as well.. They do all of our chassis and alignment setup. Very good people!!

Here is a link to EVOMSit Software tune alone..

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...are-71whp.html

Mike

Chris Green@USP 07-14-2010 09:06 PM

Thanks for the call, if you are around next week come by and drive mine. Good to hear you got rid of the vett......:D

Chris Green

Big Al 07-15-2010 07:41 AM

Any customers?

Thank you for all your responses; are there any customes out there that can please let me know about their experiences with any of the above tuners?

THanks.

sin911 07-15-2010 08:08 AM

Hi Al, I've been working with Rennsport-1 for almost a year. Now they have merged with Champion Motorsport (about two months ago). Everything has been spectacular! Justin has done more than I thought possible...

I had work done at the new Champion Motorsport department as well after the merger; and it is nothing short of perfect! Both the work and the service was great! These guys really know what they are doing. I am completely confident leaving my car at their hands (and I am picky about my car :D).

And the chat is always good & fun... :rolleyes:

ruf_turbo 07-15-2010 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Big Al (Post 2909468)
Thank you for all your responses; are there any customes out there that can please let me know about their experiences with any of the above tuners?

THanks.

Hi Big Al,

I took my Ruf 550 over to AWD in Coral Springs because first I wanted to try the EvoMSit software and second because AWD has a very solid reputation in tuning turbo cars. Just look at some of their work.

The fact that Mike and crew are really good guys and serious enthusiasts is a bonus.

BTW, my reflash to EvoMSit netted me about 70whp/140wtq more than my Ruf ECU. Go figure...

If you really want a good tune you have to work with someone that's willing to spend the time and do it right. Mike is that kind of guy. Todd Z. of EvoMS is that kind of guy too.

floridaBMW 07-15-2010 06:18 PM

I just had some work done with Chris@USP Motorsports, and it was a great experience. They did springs, sways, spacers, clear bra, tint and hardwire'd my V1. Everything came out perfect, they do very good work. Chris is a tuners tuner, lots of passion for all things motorsport.

Ken

bbywu 07-15-2010 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by ruf_turbo (Post 2909658)
Hi Big Al,

I took my Ruf 550 over to AWD in Coral Springs because first I wanted to try the EvoMSit software and second because AWD has a very solid reputation in tuning turbo cars. Just look at some of their work.

The fact that Mike and crew are really good guys and serious enthusiasts is a bonus.

BTW, my reflash to EvoMSit netted me about 70whp/140wtq more than my Ruf ECU. Go figure...

If you really want a good tune you have to work with someone that's willing to spend the time and do it right. Mike is that kind of guy. Todd Z. of EvoMS is that kind of guy too.

Your retune on your Ruf conversion showed some killer results.

A lot to be said about tuning on the dyno.

bob

YellowCalliper 07-15-2010 07:46 PM

Big Al,

Welcome as well. I have had Champion work on my F77 Carrera S, installl Tubi race exhaust on my Turbo, and they recently installed a roll bar in my GT3RS. Each experience was perfect. They perform quality work, are very fast, and very nice people to deal with. I would highly recommend them.

Hope this helps.

Neil Switzer 07-15-2010 09:15 PM

We may be in Ohio but that won't stop us from cable flashing your car and sending down an exhaust and filter setup for about 600hp at the flywheel.

Feel free to email me!

Big Al 07-21-2010 04:14 PM

Foreign Affairs Tuner in Pompano Florida

Has anyone had any experience with them? Bob the owner of the compnay seems very knowledgeable. Any input would be awesome.

Thanks

BigAL.

Chris Green@USP 07-21-2010 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Big Al (Post 2917225)
Has anyone had any experience with them? Bob the owner of the compnay seems very knowledgeable. Any input would be awesome.

Thanks

BigAL.

They are good people over there they do more track prep and repair work on porsche not so much a "tuner" I dont think they flash cars, but I could be wrong.

Chris Green