6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   Official 997.1TT weight loss thread (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/220539-official-997-1tt-weight-loss-thread.html)

ecpChris 03-13-2015 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by longboarder (Post 4306937)
Hmm the rears are about the same interesting. Which OZ's do you have?

Superforgiatta
I think it's because the tire itself weighs more. Just for reference I've weighed every single tire and wheel I've ever bought from tire rack and they have been spot on every time.

ecpChris 03-13-2015 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
IPD dimpled y pipe

ecpChris 03-13-2015 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Werks1 cf y pipe weighs exactly 1 lb

longboarder 03-13-2015 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by ecpChris (Post 4306986)
Werks1 cf y pipe weighs exactly 1 lb

But does one make more power than the other?

ecpChris 03-13-2015 09:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by longboarder (Post 4307059)
But does one make more power than the other?

I never dyno tested them so I couldn't really say. It could have been a placebo effect but it seemed as if the iPD dimpled pipe had stronger midrange for some reason.
The Werks def had greater internal volume.

Tiago 03-15-2015 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by longboarder (Post 4306919)
For 19" it looks like the options are Ultraleggera or Formula HLT.

The Challenge 18" is probably lighter but I would like to stick with 19's.

I have the leggera and i'm pretty happy with it. Not my car but it gives you a idea:

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...92b07ccbd7.jpg

ecpChris 03-16-2015 02:56 PM

AMS Intercooler kit
Intercoolers - 16.5 lbs each
Hoses included with the kit - 4.5lbs
Y-pipe included with the kit 2.5 lbs
Misc hardware included - 2.5 lbs
Total 42.5 lbs

Champion Intercooler kit
Intercoolers - 11.5 lbs each
IPD or Stock y-pipe 6.0 lbs
Hoses - 3.0 lbs
Misc hardware - 1 lb
Total 33 lbs

longboarder 03-16-2015 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by ecpChris (Post 4308318)
AMS Intercooler kit
Intercoolers - 16.5 lbs each
Hoses included with the kit - 4.5lbs
Y-pipe included with the kit 2.5 lbs
Misc hardware included - 2.5 lbs
Total 42.5 lbs

Champion Intercooler kit
Intercoolers - 11.5 lbs each
IPD or Stock y-pipe 6.0 lbs
Hoses - 3.0 lbs
Misc hardware - 1 lb
Total 33 lbs

Interesting I didn't even think about intercooler/hoses.

Any idea what the stock one weighs?

ecpChris 03-16-2015 07:07 PM

No but prob a touch less than the Champion. I don't have the stockers but if someone near does, I'll throw them on the scale

RajuPatel 12-01-2019 04:31 AM

Hi. Just trying to revive this thread.. I have a 2007 TT Tiptronic.. weighs more than the manual... My car was 1700 kgs (3740 lbs). I have started the car’s weight loss programme, since I can’t. The whole idea germinated from a track event. A friend’s (race prepped 250 bhp) SKODA Octavia was far more agile and fun to thrash (and did the lap in 7 seconds lesser time) around on the track than a current gen tuned SKODA VRS putting out 360 bhp (but with all interior and comfort goodies in tact) I have stripped the car... have removed the rear seats, all carpets, all insulation, Centre console, BOSE sound system with speakers and sub, rear OE deck lid and wing replaced with GETTY Design GT3 type decklid (fiber glass) and GT3 wing (CF), removed front boot all plastic parts and mats etc,. Deleted the OE sunroof. removed the headliner and front roof light unit... removed OE comfort seats. OEM exhaust removed and replaced with semi straight pipes. Installed RECARO Sporster CS seats.. I have half roll cage installed. Keeping the dash and the air conditioning though. Will be installing Lite BLOX 28XX battery in place of the OE battery. I am using two piece Racing Brake 380mm rotors in place of the OE 350mm rotors. I plan to replace the doors (with light weight lexan composite), and the hood with fiber glass replacements... let’s see how much can the car shed... will keep posted...

Tiago 12-01-2019 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by RajuPatel (Post 4813901)
Hi. Just trying to revive this thread.. I have a 2007 TT Tiptronic.. weighs more than the manual... My car was 1700 kgs (3740 lbs).

Being a tiptronic, that car will never be dialed for a circuit trackcar. I bet that at the end you will move to another car (and lose a buch of money because of being stripped to extreme) or replace tiptronic for a sequential gearbox.

But i admire your braveness 👏👏👏

RajuPatel 12-01-2019 09:31 AM

@Tiago i agree.. but in India, we aren’t so lucky yet to get the opportunity to buy Cup cars etc. Imports are not allowed.. so the only route is to do what you can with what you have..... anyway i am not trying to compete with anyone on the track nor do i have set time goals to achieve.. i am an enthusiast and i want to better my own timings and in the process enjoy the car. The turbo will NEVER be sold.. i have recently got the engine rebuilt from Emre to 4.0L. The TCU retuning and the transmission beefing up was done earlier.. also got the TC rebuilt by EVOMS... I have tested 991.1 gen Turbo.. great car.. but very sterile. Disconnects the driver from a lot of feedback.. that is why i love the 997.1 gen turbo.. enjoying it...

Tiago 12-01-2019 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by RajuPatel (Post 4813920)
i am an enthusiast and i want to better my own timings and in the process enjoy the car. The turbo will NEVER be sold.. i have recently got the engine rebuilt from Emre to 4.0L. The TCU retuning and the transmission beefing up was done earlier.. also got the TC rebuilt by EVOMS...

A fast track car is more about handling than power.

My best advice is before you go too wild on weight and stripping the interior to look-a-like a racecar and make a painfull street ride, go first with suspension/ brakes/ tires. If done right, it be fastest than average GT3 at any track, even at stock power level:
Suspension:
DAMPTRONIC COILOVERS FOR PASM
DSC PASM MODULE
H&R SWAY BARS
RSS stage 2 (https://roadsportsupply.com/ts-2-sta...-c4-gts-turbo/)
Track alignment
Brakes:
GT3/PCCB with steel giro discs and race pads
GT3 brake ducting
Tires:
Michelin slick tires on light wheels

RajuPatel 12-01-2019 10:26 PM

@ Tiago i have OHLILNS installed with RSS Tarmac components, adjustable swaybar, Racing Brake 380mm rotor upgrade all around, with Carbotech XP12 pads, Michelin CUP 2 N rated. Alignment is front -3.0 camber, rear is -2., slight toe in. What i don't have is the GT3 brake air ducts.. are they a direct fit?

RajuPatel 12-01-2019 10:28 PM

oh i forgot MOTUL RBF 600 brake fluid..