997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Uwe Gemballa found dead

Old 10-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Uwe Gemballa found dead

Reports from the German newspaper Stern.de confirm that the body of Uwe Gemballa has been found by South African police. The body was wrapped in cellophane and it appears he was the victim of foul play.
My deepest condolences to his family.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, Uwe disappeared on February 8th. What followed was the most despicable hatchet job on his reputation by the "media" and others.
Those of you who slandered him, and you know who you are, should hang your heads in shame.

Old 10-02-2010, 02:42 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
My ondolences to his family too.

RIP

Old 10-02-2010, 02:59 PM
☣MUSCLE☣ has a spectacular aura about☣MUSCLE☣ has a spectacular aura about
Is this all verifiable?

Since this all began, it was believed that Gemballa was hiding out to avoid prosecution; albeit it far-fetched it could be an elaborate way to end the search by declaring himself dead via this German News Source. We need more verifiable sources.

If this turns out to be true then may he rest in peace and condolences to those who care for him. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting with him but my Father has. He was a pioneer in Porsche Engineering, some of the components of his system perform better and more efficient than stock.

I've taken the liberty of translating the German article :

http://translate.google.com/translat...n-1609833.html

Old 10-02-2010, 05:11 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Rip..

Old 10-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Des
Des is on a distinguished road
@Muscle: I visited Gemballa last week and spoke with the new CEO that continued the company last month after it filled for bankruptcy in May 2010. He told me the financial situation of Gemballa prior to his disappearance were very bad, so bad in fact that he struggled to build the cars customers already paid for.

I wrote a more detailed report here.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Uwe Gemballa was murdered. Let's stop all this conjecture and offer our condolences to his family.
Uwe invested his life in the passion for cars that we all share. That should be enough for all of us.
RIP Uwe.

Originally Posted by ☣MUSCLE☣
Is this all verifiable?

Since this all began, it was believed that Gemballa was hiding out to avoid prosecution; albeit it far-fetched it could be an elaborate way to end the search by declaring himself dead via this German News Source. We need more verifiable sources.

If this turns out to be true then may he rest in peace and condolences to those who care for him. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting with him but my Father has. He was a pioneer in Porsche Engineering, some of the components of his system perform better and more efficient than stock.

I've taken the liberty of translating the German article :

http://translate.google.com/translat...n-1609833.html

Old 10-02-2010, 06:41 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Mike, it is so sad that your worst fears have come to reality. RIP Uwe.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:44 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Tragedy. Didn't read the translated article. Any idea who was behind this?

Old 10-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)

My mother always told me that if you play with fire you will eventually get burned

Old 10-02-2010, 10:04 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Rip...

Old 10-02-2010, 10:12 PM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Uwe Gemballa ignited a lot passion for P-cars in many a youth.
He kept pushing the envelope on the cars further and further.

My condolences to his family and all who knew and cared for him.

God rest his soul.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:57 AM
Now countless of sources are reporting this. I guess it has become official.

May he rest in peace. The "circumstances" surrounding his death are tragic to say the least.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by Des
@Muscle: I visited Gemballa last week and spoke with the new CEO that continued the company last month after it filled for bankruptcy in May 2010. He told me the financial situation of Gemballa prior to his disappearance were very bad, so bad in fact that he struggled to build the cars customers already paid for.

I wrote a more detailed report here.
Des, you are correct, my cousin went to visit them after the re-launch. The consensus was that Gemballa was avoiding the situation. I will not go any further, the information is all out there if you care to research. I will not take a dead man's name in vain.

I re-iterate that despite this, saying that Uwe was a pioneer is an understatement. He was passionate about his cars; his company was/is classified as an OEM Automaker not a tuner.

May he rest in peace, I'm sure that all our condolences go out to his family and those who care and love him.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Uwe Gemballa found dead