997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

USP Motorsports: 997 Turbo 3” Race Exhaust Officially Released!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 11:21 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Wink

Originally Posted by Veracity
I'm sorry but wrinkled "mandrel" bends might fly in the VW and Honda markets but I think most Porsche owners expect higher quality product for the premium we pay.

<O</OSeeing this in your marketing pictures is especially troublesome. What will your production systems that don't get photographed look like?

Just some constructive criticism. Good luck. <O</O
I've owned a few VAG vehicles and wouldn't let low quality products "fly" on those cars. I now own a Porsche and still expect quality without always paying a "premium".

This system is on my car and was the first built by Chris, rest assured he'll work out all the wrinkles.

Ken

Old 02-03-2011, 09:25 AM
mtbrider is on a distinguished road
sounds great

Old 02-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Veracity
I'm sorry but wrinkled "mandrel" bends might fly in the VW and Honda markets but I think most Porsche owners expect higher quality product for the premium we pay.

<o></o>Seeing this in your marketing pictures is especially troublesome. What will your production systems that don't get photographed look like?

Just some constructive criticism. Good luck. <o></o>
"Constructive criticism".. from a person with 10 posts? Sounds more like a hater/scared distributor to me. Sometimes the mandrel can slip inside the pipe and cause this.. it's not a problem to the integrity of the system and the inner diameter is not majorly affected either.. you act like this is a crush bend or something, its a very minor flaw. Someone like you should know that.

I'm sorry we don't have "marketing pictures" like other companies.. these are real un-doctored pictures off a customers car. We don't hide anything at my shop. Production systems will not deviate in quality since every system is HAND MADE! Not outsourced like others..
The future systems might even be better to your standards since I'll make sure to pay special attention to these bends in the mandrel. Anyway, I apologize our exhaust isn't the show queen your looking for.. I'm also sorry that we don't have any misleading "marketing pictures" like you seem to be accustomed to either. Maybe I'll have the whole thing polished to all hell and add $1,000 to the price.. will that be better for your "premium"?? Or how about I just stop caring about the performance of an exhaust all together and focus on the looks only?! As you can tell me the credentials in my signature that's just not my style. I'm about the horsepower.. not hype

Old 02-03-2011, 01:55 PM
hrs1 will become famous soon enough
Ouch..veracity...May I ask the perfomance of your car if you have one?

All i can tell you is that I have dealt with a few large p-car tuners and dealerhip in SFLA since 2002 on my cars. Hands down USP most passionate and most knowledgable compared to others for what I was wanting to accomplish. Critical for me as well is their honesty as they never taken advantage of me.

As far as fit and finish and specific to your post response, past tuner told me Tubi is THE best exhaust in market place and they had no problem charging me $5k for it, and yes its fit and finish looks nice when new, now i have that restrictive exhaust for sale as I have much better "power results system" from USP proven by dyno before/after instead of thinking i had a great exhaust from other tuners.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:34 AM
supra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Chris Green@USP
USP Motorsports: Complete 3" Turbo-Back Exhaust System w/o Cats

USP Motorsports is proud to announce that we have finally completed, and released our Porsche 997 Turbo Race Exhaust system! After long hours of design, development, and testing we have found the right setup to hit our target results in terms of performance, quality, and sound. Each system is hand-made by USP Motorsports, constructed of 3” mandrel bent, T-304 Stainless Steel tubing and USP Motorsports muffler. Our muffler is completely custom, designed in-house by USP. It is a U-shaped design with center X-pipe, developed for flow efficiency and sound. The muffler allows for a tolerable city / partial throttle driving tone, and a very audible exotic note during spirited driving. Our system is full 3” diameter all the way through from the turbochargers to the exit, no reduction from the turbo all the way back to the tips.

This is considered a “race” exhaust due to the fact that the catalytic converters are eliminated from the system. The tips are round twin 3.25” diameter tube, custom made by USP Motorsports, transitioned from the 3” system with no obstruction in flow. Optional finish for the tips is jet coated black (as seen in the pictures below) or polished. A unique feature in this system is that the flanges bolted to the turbo were made with the TiAL upgraded turbo kits in mind. They are a larger opening then stock, so it will not obstruct the flow from the wastegate outlet on the TiAL Alpha system. We have found this to be an issue with some other aftermarket exhausts. Another advantage to our system is the weight savings over factory. When changing to the USP 997 Race Exhaust, you will save 40% weight over the factory exhaust!

** DYNO NUMBERS OF STOCK EXHAUST VS. USP EXHAUST ON MY 997 TURBO WILL FOLLOW SOON! **
The system was dyno tested on a 996, however it was in addition to an upgraded turbo kit & USP turbo inlet pipes. Results can be seen here - https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ts-inside.html

Key Features:

• T-304 mandrel bent Stainless Steel tubing
• Full 3” exhaust diameter from turbo-back
• 40% weight savings over stock!
• Twin round 3.25” exhaust tips
• USP Motorsports designed X-pipe muffler
• No catalytic converters
• Flanges compatible with TiAL Alpha turbo systems

Pictures:

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCefGVPzoIw

Click here for ordering information & special one month introductory pricing!!
Morning Chris - back from the dead, are you still offering these?