6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2-58/)
-   -   Rain & Shine at LS with RE-11s (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/240408-rain-shine-ls-re-11s.html)

VID997 05-04-2011 04:06 PM

SWEET! any new performance gear or just technology?

ruf_turbo 05-04-2011 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by VID997 (Post 3195940)
SWEET! any new performance gear or just technology?

I just had the EVT775 kit installed but had Todd Z. lower the torque so it wasn't quite so brutal. I was getting way too much wheel-spin. It feels really good and linear now.

VID997 05-04-2011 05:25 PM

WOW! Congratulations! Now we need to get you and Bonehead out on the same track sometime.

:rolleyes::cool::eek:

ruf_turbo 05-04-2011 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by VID997 (Post 3196021)
WOW! Congratulations! Now we need to get you and Bonehead out on the same track sometime.

At my age he'll have to give me a headstart to make it fair. hilarious

VID997 05-06-2011 11:31 AM

B-ruf-tee,

So what power package/kit did you have prior to the 775 upgrade?

Hope you have a great day tomorrow.

ruf_turbo 05-06-2011 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by VID997 (Post 3197682)
B-ruf-tee,

So what power package/kit did you have prior to the 775 upgrade?

Hope you have a great day tomorrow.

Just prior to the 775 was the Evo700. Prior to that was Evo650 and prior to that was Ruf 550. I kinda had it built in stages. :)

We have rain rolling through but hopefully it will be dried out by tomorrow.

VID997 06-15-2011 09:23 PM

06.013.2011 at Infineon FINALLY A PERFECT DAY!

Warm and sunny all day and in the high 80's possibly low 90's. It was good to finally see the sun and have a dry well worked-in track. PCR was there Saturday and Sunday, so they put down a lot of rubber.

Someone showed up in a 2011 599 GTO...very nice car. Think he went out for at least one full session and possible a half after that. Didn't see him the rest of the day, but still cool to see someone out and driving one a safe environment.

Will try and write more tech & set-up info for the when time permits. Nothing too exciting, just a perfect day!

bonehead 06-15-2011 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by VID997 (Post 3196021)

Originally Posted by ruf_turbo (Post 3196338)
At my age he'll have to give me a headstart to make it fair. hilarious

Ha. Just saw this. My car has been asleep for the last month. According to the thermostat in my car, it was 110 degrees on my way home from work today. And it was almost 6PM:mad: My car does reverse hibernation (sleep in the summer, out in the winter;))

Dunno how 'young' you think I am Barry, but I'm sure you won't need too much of a headstart.:p

Daren: you selling the car??

VID997 06-15-2011 09:49 PM

Good eye Ed...yep! Early planning stages. About 15-16 months of factory warranty left on her if you know anyone looking.

PS: You missed a great day...hope all is going well.

Etchhead 06-15-2011 11:35 PM

Glad you had a great day Daren- I was only three days back in office after 2-week paternity leave so couldn't make the track day.

Really looking forward to any next event, but looking at the various clubs it might have to be Thunderhill.

Your 997 is a dream, what are you thinking of moving to?

Cheers- Mark

Etchhead 07-30-2011 09:21 AM

Looking forward to Thunderhill on Aug8th- running two groups Pointby and Chrono with CFRA, but it's going to be HOT up there!

VID997 07-30-2011 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Etchhead (Post 3273126)
Looking forward to Thunderhill on Aug8th- running two groups Pointby and Chrono with CFRA, but it's going to be HOT up there!

M...you mean Aug 8th double duty @ TH with NCRC and Sept 10th @ SP with CFRA...lets rack up those track miles...which are way better on our vehicles then sitting in first and second gear for an hour daily on our way home from work /meeting commutes only to cover 15 miles on the 101 and 87!

VID997 07-30-2011 09:53 PM

Bonehead...let me know if you can make September 10th at SP... a little work and a lot of pleasure! Its actually a double club weekend you can run both Saturday and Sunday. Which would make the trip worth while with or without the family!

salerno713 07-31-2011 12:28 AM

come on fellas, we need to set up a big track event for all of us... the last local porsche concours didnt cut it quite enough...

P.S re-11s are on my evt775 rain or shine hilarious +1 for the best tires!!!!!

VID997 08-05-2011 02:57 PM

RE: 06.13.2011

Well never really found anytime to do a short write up on tires from my June run date. Now is as good as any, seeing as Etchhead (Mark) and myself are signed up for double run groups and Thunderhill on Monday, August 8th. 10 sessions each!

As I previously mentioned Infineon was a perfect day and I took advantage of two run groups once again and logged a record number of laps in one day for me. Ended up doing 10, thirty minutes sessions, plus a 15 minute low speed track recon session before the the run groups got started for the day.

Throughout the day I was able to average 1:54's to 1:59's depending on traffic and what group I was running in which comes out to 15.6+ laps per session at 2.52 miles per lap. So, roughly I figure 155 laps including the morning recon...390.6 track miles in one day! Plus the drive up and back, 90 each way. Puts my day trip at 570.6 miles. Made for a long day but a great day to say the least. I was definitely dragging the following morning.

Unfortunately the R6's haven't been able to see much use due to logistics...kind of a bummer. Thought it would be easier getting them to from. Not the case, you really need to be self sufficient and not rely on anyone to take our tracks wheels up for you. Oh well...in time.

So, it was yet again the RE-11's. After several events these tires have proven to be very consistent in their performance and lack of. 20 minutes seems to be it. I have been able to get 22 minutes in point-by groups and then they start to fall off, but I can still drive at a good clip for the last 8 minutes or 4 laps. However, this last time at Infineon running hard in the open class they would completely fall off right around the 19-20 mark and when I mean completely, I mean COMPLETELY! The car wouldn't even turn, it would just want to go straight. Pretty scary, because at first there is no warning. You try and turn and the car just pushes (under steers) off line and almost off track. You collect yourself and take the next couple of turns a little easier until you build your confidence back...when I got to the sesses, I went hard, she didn't want anything to do with that! All the electronics kicked in and saved my a$$ before going off! So then I thought okay, I'll take 2 easy laps and let everything cool down a bit and then try to push one more hard lap out before the session ends. Three turns into the third lap and gone... bye-bye...time to shutt'r her down and exit the track.

Off to Thunderhill with NCRC for a point-by run group and the Chrono run group (open and timed: practice, quali 1, quali 2, heat 1,2, and 3) should be a good time! Mark will have his iPhone with Harry's Lap timer, so hopefully we can get some good video to post.

Have a great weekend!

http://www.vizualid.com/6speed/Rear_Wheel_Lift_LZ.jpg

^^^ Turn 11 at Thunderhill :)